Who should pay the most taxes?

I think the ones who should pay higher taxes are:

people buying Ferraris
people buying mink coats
people buying lobster every week

and I could go on and on

Food (other than that) should not be taxed. I don't think fast food should be taxed. Cigarettes should be taxed up the nose to keep people from smoking

Everyone should pay the same share of their income.

people buying Ferraris
people buying mink coats

and I could go on and on

Food (other than that) should not be taxed. I don't think fast food should be taxed. Cigarettes should be taxed up the nose to keep people from smoking
Would you tax farmers, truckers, warehouses, retail distributers etc, .. everything related to food?

Last edited:
but yet you want the people that already pay 95% oif taxs to pay more,,

I think the problem is you not them,,
Oh brother. If they can afford things they do not need but simply want...

I mean, there is such a thing as unfettered capitalism. why should a poor person.. a homeless person, for example, have to pay $10 plus some ridiculous tax for a hamburger but a wealthy person shouldn' have to pay extra for his not-needed Ferrari?

Everyone should pay the same share of their income.
I don't agree. The Catholic Church says to donate what you can afford. Some families give only 2%, some give 10%

I myslef haven't donated in a long time.. partly bc I am not happy with things going on in the Church. I also don't like the way some of their charities help illegals but not Americans (or so it seems. I have not investigated this, but I've seen some things...)

Oh brother. If they can afford things they do not need but simply want...

I mean, there is such a thing as unfettered capitalism. why should a poor person.. a homeless person, for example, have to pay $10 plus some ridiculous tax for a hamburger but a wealthy person shouldn' have to pay extra for his not-needed Ferrari?
they do pay extra for their luxury items,,, a lot extra,,,

people buying Ferraris
people buying mink coats

and I could go on and on

I guess you didnt get the memo...

1705012367452.png

I don't agree. The Catholic Church says to donate what you can afford. Some families give only 2%, some give 10%

I myslef haven't donated in a long time.. partly bc I am not happy with things going on in the Church. I also don't like the way some of their charities help illegals but not Americans (or so it seems. I have not investigated this, but I've seen some things...)
I wont give a red cent to any Catholic charity....The way i see it, i am being forced to pay to the church by felonious means...

Here’s a maddening pandemic fact: Catholic dioceses in the U.S. and other institutions backed by the Roman Catholic Church took more than $3 billion in taxpayer-funded government aid as part of the Paycheck Protection Program, according to an investigation by the Associated Press.

The Catholic Church took more than $3 billion in taxpayer-backed ...

slate.com/news-and-politics/2021/02/catholic-church-usd3-billion-taxpayer-back

people buying Ferraris
people buying mink coats

and I could go on and on

I think we should really begin with why do we pay taxes at all? Well, we want to protect our sovereign nation so we have a military. We all benefit from this and thus we, the government, should pay for it. But, a hammer shouldn't cost $10,000 and a toilet seat $20,000. Corruption causes the price of our military to be as high as it is. Money for the hammers and toilet seats should be used solely for the hammers and toilet seats and for nothing else. Then, they would cost a couple of bucks for a hammer and maybe $20 for the toilet seat.

Then, what else should our government be involved in? There are over 400 Federal Government agencies. Why? How many do we really need and employ? Far less than what we currently pay for. See, the question shouldn't be who should pay the higher taxes. It should be let's only have essential government agencies and pay taxed for those.

Higher taxes always is followed by higher inflation which hurts the ones you think you are helping, the middle class and the poor. You make those who make hammers and toilets pay more in taxes, the cost of those items goes up. Then, taxes have to be raised more because the government is spending more on the hammers and toilets. So, first cut spending by cutting agencies that really aren't essential. Then, decide how much inflation you want to decide how much the rich (who own the businesses) will pay taxes.

people buying Ferraris
people buying mink coats

and I could go on and on

Nothing should be "taxed". It should be provided. People shouldn't be punished with fines for doing things just cause you don't like it. That's why people hate government.

people buying Ferraris
people buying mink coats

and I could go on and on

Those who make the most money.......... it's that simple. Don't want to pay YOUR fair share DON"T make more money ..........

Forum List

Back