Who should be Obama's running mate?

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
This subject was briefly discussed in a flame zone thread, but I thought it was worthy of an honest, flame-free discussion.

Dogger suggested Wes Clark for a couple of good reasons. I think that would be a solid choice.

What do you think?

• Banned
What about Hillary?

Would she hurt or help the ticket as VP? Would she accept it?

I know the primary has been somewhat bitter, but that could certainly help court back the Hillary fanatics. And I was pretty young at the time, but I seem to recall Bush Sr. and Reagan going toe to toe and getting pretty nasty in the 1980 primaries. Who can forget voo-doo economics. :D

Hillary as VP is the only way I'd consider voting for Obama. Even then, I'm skeptical. I just don't want the man in office.

He wouldn't offer her the role, though. He doesn't want to be Bush to her Cheney.

What about Hillary?

I know the primary has been somewhat bitter, but that could certainly help court back the Hillary fanatics. And I was pretty young at the time, but I seem to recall Bush Sr. and Reagan going toe to toe and getting pretty nasty in the 1980 primaries. Who can forget voo-doo economics. :D

I don't know if Hillary would be a good choice for Obama. She'd serve the country better as an outspoken and powerful Senator.

On the other hand, he'd be a great choice for her VP. He's a little wussy, but that's not a bad trait in the VP position.

• Banned
I don't know if Hillary would be a good choice for Obama. She'd serve the country better as an outspoken and powerful Senator.

On the other hand, he'd be a great choice for her VP. He's a little wussy, but that's not a bad trait in the VP position.

What makes you say he's a wussy?

What about Hillary?

Only if she can redefine the role of the VP like she did that of the First Lady.

I think it would help get Obama elected but I would be surprised if she accepted, if asked, that is. Would it be worth losing a strong senator in order to get Obama elected? Too much of a gamble.

Only if she can redefine the role of the VP like she did that of the First Lady.

I think it would help get Obama elected but I would be surprised if she accepted, if asked, that is. Would it be worth losing a strong senator in order to get Obama elected? Too much of a gamble.

Methinks you overrate her strength as a senator once this is all over.

You like him.

Other than that, it's what he projects.

Copout.

I'll just chalk it up to residual bitterness on your part.

I'm also beginning to think you're not being honest when you say you'll vote for him. Afterall, would you really vote for a guy you thought was a wuss?

Copout.

I'll just chalk it up to residual bitterness on your part.

I'm also beginning to think you're not being honest when you say you'll vote for him. Afterall, would you really vote for a guy you thought was a wuss?

I voted for Kerry. I even joined moveon.org and became a shill for him. Biggest wuss in politics. Can't stand the guy.

My only virtue is that I don't lie.

;)

Forum List

Back