Who said this?

gipper

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2011
Apparently no one listened.

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. It is two electric power plants, each serving a town of 60,000 population. It is two fine, fully equipped hospitals. It is some 50 miles of concrete highway. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people. This, I repeat, is the best way of life to be found on the road the world has been taking. This is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from a cross of iron.”

Most guns KEEP the powerful from stealing everything that the weak have.

The great leveler.

Those who seek to take the arms from the peasants do so that their intended victims cannot fight back.
Lol. You really missed his point. He wasn’t talking about private ownership of guns.

lol.

He didn't even take his own advice.
Very true. He allowed the CIA to do as they pleased and fully supported them. He had to know when JFK was murdered the establishment had something to do with it, but he stayed silent like a good toady.

President Eisenhower said it. I agree with it but at that time in history, the United States didn't have a choice but to have a strong military complex.

And yet you phrased it as an attack on guns. Ironic that the pinnacle of the MIC complained of the MIC
I phrased it as an attack on guns??? How?

I don’t agree it was the height of the MIC in 1960. It has increased every year since then.

Apparently no one listened.
No source provided, so I literally listened and found two errors of questionable significance in that transcript. Time marks 11:14-12:43
  1. "The Chance for Peace" (also known as the Cross of Iron speech), April 16, 1953
  2. Direct mp3 link
At one point, he says "pavement" not "highway."
At another, he says "This is, I repeat, the" not "This, I repeat, is the"

It's was a great speech from a great speaker. It's a shame not to listen to the entire thing so that one may truly gauge the context and intent.

No source provided, so I literally listened and found two errors of questionable significance in that transcript. Time marks 11:14-12:43
  1. "The Chance for Peace" (also known as the Cross of Iron speech), April 16, 1953
  2. Direct mp3 link
At one point, he says "pavement" not "highway."
At another, he says "This is, I repeat, the" not "This, I repeat, is the"

It's was a great speech from a great speaker. It's a shame not to listen to the entire thing so that one may truly gauge the context and intent.
I assumed it was from his farewell speech in 1960, but it was from much earlier. 1953 after the death of Stalin.

It’s truly a shame that Ike, one of our greatest generals, didn’t have the strength to put an end to the MIC in 1953, when he certainly had the credibility and authority to do so. In fact, he allowed it to grow and supported it’s imperialist agenda.

Ignorance and Childishness Passing for Wisdom. A Sign of the Times.

Without those weapons, predators would take everything that this pacifist weakling says could have been produced with the money spent on those weapons.
You too? The quote I posted is from President Eisenhower warning about the MIC in 1953. It has nothing to do with the private ownership of guns. How can you think it does?

Very true. He allowed the CIA to do as they pleased and fully supported them. He had to know when JFK was murdered the establishment had something to do with it, but he stayed silent like a good toady.
We Had Missiles in Turkey First, and They Were an Existential Threat to Russia

JFK was a loose cannon who almost started a nuclear war. In order to solve the unnecessary crisis, the CIA agreed to get rid of the Kennedys and the KGB agreed to get rid of Khrushchev. So it was a good thing, not a tragic martyrdom like his dominant birth-class tells us to believe.

We Had Missiles in Turkey First, and They Were an Existential Threat to Russia

JFK was a loose cannon who almost started a nuclear war. In order to solve the unnecessary crisis, the CIA agreed to get rid of the Kennedys and the KGB agreed to get rid of Khrushchev. So it was a good thing, not a tragic martyrdom like his dominant birth-class tells us to believe.
Whatever.

I assumed it was from his farewell speech in 1960, but it was from much earlier. 1953 after the death of Stalin.

It’s truly a shame that Ike, one of our greatest generals, didn’t have the strength to put an end to the MIC in 1953, when he certainly had the credibility and authority to do so. In fact, he allowed it to grow and supported it’s imperialist agenda.
The Netrix Is Part of the Command and Control

You obviously don't know the strength of the Deep State. What you do know is a puppet show.

Forum List

Back