Who owns the beach?

You forgot to mention that there are special designated areas for ball play.

Otherwise, I think it would be inappropriate for anyone to throw a ball when the beach looks like this:

1.1250539141.crowded-huntington-beach.jpg
That's not a beach. THIS is a beach:cool:

Attachments

• $azucar.jpg
    $azucar.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 47
You guys are funny. I've spent most of my life at the beach and have been hit plenty of times by balls and frisbees. But I politely ask if they can move toward the dunes. I don't think people are intentionally rude, they are just dumb sometimes. How about a sign that says "Be courteous of others on the beach". It sends a better message than "No fun. Ever".

You guys are funny. I've spent most of my life at the beach and have been hit plenty of times by balls and frisbees. But I politely ask if they can move toward the dunes. I don't think people are intentionally rude, they are just dumb sometimes. How about a sign that says "Be courteous of others on the beach". It sends a better message than "No fun. Ever".

If someone is annoying with their ball or frisbee playing all that is needed is for the lifeguard to ask them to move elsewhere or stop

Playing water polo over the Pacific Ocean...hmmm. I guess that means playing water football??

The updated rules now prohibit “any person to cast, toss, throw, kick or roll” any object other than a beach ball or volleyball “upon or over any beach” between Memorial Day and Labor Day.

Exceptions allow for ball-throwing in predesignated areas, when a person obtains a permit, or playing water polo “in or over the Pacific Ocean”.

However, during the winter off-season, the new rules will be relaxed.

Officials warned that any activities that could potentially harm “any person or property on or near the beach” should not be allowed during the peak summer season.

Your kids could also end up costing you big bucks: the ordinance also prohibits digging any hole deeper than 18 inches into the sand except where permission is granted for film and TV production services only.
LA County OKs Hefty Fine For Throwing Football, Frisbee On Beaches « CBS Los Angeles

I guess the castle building is limited also.

I live in seashore area, and this question often leads to heated debate. While everyone appreciates trash cans and lifeguards, how much control should municipalities have on this vast area of public land? Several towns have enacted alcohol bans, smoking bans, eating bans, limited access and hours, etc. And now L.A. says "No balls".

When you head down to the beach for a little fun this summer, county officials want you to leave the pigskin at home.

The Board of Supervisors this week agreed to raise fines to up to $1,000 for anyone who throws a football or a Frisbee on any beach in Los Angeles County.

LA County OKs $1,000 Fine For Throwing Football, Frisbee On Beaches « CBS Los Angeles

Comments?

I remember a story from several years back from family in Florida in which their beach was swept out to sea and then the county replaced the sand then turned their beach front property into a public beach and the defense they used was that the sand was theirs hence it was public property...

My grandma (RIP) had the same problem on her lakefront property...

The tide would steal her sand...

I live in seashore area, and this question often leads to heated debate. While everyone appreciates trash cans and lifeguards, how much control should municipalities have on this vast area of public land? Several towns have enacted alcohol bans, smoking bans, eating bans, limited access and hours, etc. And now L.A. says "No balls".

When you head down to the beach for a little fun this summer, county officials want you to leave the pigskin at home.

The Board of Supervisors this week agreed to raise fines to up to $1,000 for anyone who throws a football or a Frisbee on any beach in Los Angeles County.

LA County OKs $1,000 Fine For Throwing Football, Frisbee On Beaches « CBS Los Angeles

Comments?

I remember a story from several years back from family in Florida in which their beach was swept out to sea and then the county replaced the sand then turned their beach front property into a public beach and the defense they used was that the sand was theirs hence it was public property...

If you pay to replace your sand, it is your beach

If the taxpayer foots the bill, it is the taxpayers beach

Comments?

Yeah well in that particular story NO ONE asked for sand..

LOL.....yea, until a hurricane comes and washes away your house

All those beautiful beaches and the homeowner says....mine...mine...mine

I suppose that is why they buy insurance dummy.. In most situations it's mandatory.

Interesting....so your plan is to have no beach protecting your house and just have the insurance company replace it every hurricane season

You make Libertarians proud

I suppose that is why they buy insurance dummy.. In most situations it's mandatory.

Interesting....so your plan is to have no beach protecting your house and just have the insurance company replace it every hurricane season

I don't live on a beach - I'm sure those that do pay an astronomical premium on their insurance.

I'm from fucking Chicago so go ask someone that lives on the coast...

WTF...

I don't live on a beach - I'm sure those that do pay an astronomical premium on their insurance.

WTF...

Beaches and sand dunes protect your house from natures wrath. Once they are gone, your house will not last long

Insurance companies won't replace your house forever. After that you beg for a government handout

Good thing you have the taxpayer footing the bill for beach replenishment

WTF...

Beaches and sand dunes protect your house from natures wrath. Once they are gone, your house will not last long

Insurance companies won't replace your house forever. After that you beg for a government handout

Are you delusional??

I love how you just make shit up..

You may as well say insurance will cover no one because that is your point and it has been your point..

News to you assclown - insurance WILL cover homes if you pay the insurance companies.

Here are the beaches in my state:

2726014917_052f132483_z.jpg

You can do pretty much anything the fuck you want. Except drive on it. Or camp on it...though if you were to camp on it, chances are, nobody would do anything. And changes are really good you'd be swept away by a sneaker or high tide...plus the wind is PUNISHING.

I've done just about everything a person can do on the beach there. Including allowing my dog to run at will. I mean look at it...there are no people. And when there are, they take one look at my monster and turn around and head back the way they came...which suits me just fine.

WTF...

Are you delusional??

I love how you just make shit up..

You may as well say insurance will cover no one because that is your point and it has been your point..

News to you assclown - insurance WILL cover homes if you pay the insurance companies.

A 31 year old child. Amazing how little you have managed to pick up. After two claims, your insurance is cancelled. If you own a beach house with no dunes or beach protecting it you will not find many willing to insure you

That's why those millionaire beachfront homeowners beg the taxpayers to do it for them. And when they lose their insurance, they beg the government to protect their investments

Forum List

Back