Who owns the beach?

Olympic athletes in swimsuits! Impeach him! It's too mortifying to be borne!

I live in seashore area, and this question often leads to heated debate. While everyone appreciates trash cans and lifeguards, how much control should municipalities have on this vast area of public land? Several towns have enacted alcohol bans, smoking bans, eating bans, limited access and hours, etc. And now L.A. says "No balls".

When you head down to the beach for a little fun this summer, county officials want you to leave the pigskin at home.

The Board of Supervisors this week agreed to raise fines to up to $1,000 for anyone who throws a football or a Frisbee on any beach in Los Angeles County.

LA County OKs $1,000 Fine For Throwing Football, Frisbee On Beaches « CBS Los Angeles

Comments?

I don't think it is a question of who owns the beach but one of common sense. If the beach is filled blanket to blanket playing ball or frisbee is a nuisance.

If the beach is empty, who really cares?

The Ticket Writers.

This is to raise revenue. The cities are broke. The state is broke. Taxes have been raised and stop short of tax payer revolution. All they have left are fines. The more people who conduct their lives to avoid fines, the less revenue, the more new fines are necessary.

This is to raise revenue. The cities are broke. The state is broke. Taxes have been raised and stop short of tax payer revolution. All they have left are fines. The more people who conduct their lives to avoid fines, the less revenue, the more new fines are necessary.

I get what you're saying but beaches have been handing out fines for these things for decades.

Maybe not balls and eating though. That's ridiculous.

Last edited:
If you pay to replace your sand, it is your beach

If the taxpayer foots the bill, it is the taxpayers beach

Yeah well in that particular story NO ONE asked for sand..

LOL.....yea, until a hurricane comes and washes away your house

All those beautiful beaches and the homeowner says....mine...mine...mine
The OP is about LA beaches (That would be in California).
Please tell me the name and date of the last hurricane to hit California and more specifically, LA County.

I live in seashore area, and this question often leads to heated debate. While everyone appreciates trash cans and lifeguards, how much control should municipalities have on this vast area of public land? Several towns have enacted alcohol bans, smoking bans, eating bans, limited access and hours, etc. And now L.A. says "No balls".

When you head down to the beach for a little fun this summer, county officials want you to leave the pigskin at home.

The Board of Supervisors this week agreed to raise fines to up to $1,000 for anyone who throws a football or a Frisbee on any beach in Los Angeles County.

LA County OKs $1,000 Fine For Throwing Football, Frisbee On Beaches « CBS Los Angeles

Comments?

Since frisbees and balls are no longer allowed, I suggest everybody show up with boomerangs and badminton birdies.

Those damn towels need to be banned too. Fucking people picking them up and sand blowing around. I don't come to the beach to get sand on me. The seagulls need to be banned too. And high tide. My tax dollars are paying for that beach and high tide comes along and takes all that useful land away for 6 hours. Fuck that shit. And fuck these people and their kids. I'm sick of these sand castles these kids are building that I have to trip over on my way to paradise. Ban children from beaches.

These bans will raise significant revenue.

Forum List

Back