Who owns the beach?

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
I live in seashore area, and this question often leads to heated debate. While everyone appreciates trash cans and lifeguards, how much control should municipalities have on this vast area of public land? Several towns have enacted alcohol bans, smoking bans, eating bans, limited access and hours, etc. And now L.A. says "No balls".

When you head down to the beach for a little fun this summer, county officials want you to leave the pigskin at home.

The Board of Supervisors this week agreed to raise fines to up to $1,000 for anyone who throws a football or a Frisbee on any beach in Los Angeles County.

LA County OKs $1,000 Fine For Throwing Football, Frisbee On Beaches « CBS Los Angeles

Comments?

From what I understand, ownership of beach property only extends to the high tide line below that line there are no property rights.

So just stay below the high tide line and you can eat and smoke all you want

I'd be more interested in who owns the bitch.........

Shitting in my yard

images

How about the people of L.A. stop voting in liberals all the time.

Since the people of L.A. tend towards having the intellectual capacity of a peanut, they really need to be told how to live. Liberals are very good at telling others how to live - for their own good, you understand.

They'd have to pay me to live in CA again. I have too much money to go back. :lol:

Well this is California so I'm not the least bit surprised by this. I would never live in that hell hole of a state.

You forgot to mention that there are special designated areas for ball play.

Otherwise, I think it would be inappropriate for anyone to throw a ball when the beach looks like this:

1.1250539141.crowded-huntington-beach.jpg

I live in seashore area, and this question often leads to heated debate. While everyone appreciates trash cans and lifeguards, how much control should municipalities have on this vast area of public land? Several towns have enacted alcohol bans, smoking bans, eating bans, limited access and hours, etc. And now L.A. says "No balls".

When you head down to the beach for a little fun this summer, county officials want you to leave the pigskin at home.

The Board of Supervisors this week agreed to raise fines to up to $1,000 for anyone who throws a football or a Frisbee on any beach in Los Angeles County.

LA County OKs $1,000 Fine For Throwing Football, Frisbee On Beaches « CBS Los Angeles

Comments?

I don't think it is a question of who owns the beach but one of common sense. If the beach is filled blanket to blanket playing ball or frisbee is a nuisance.

If the beach is empty, who really cares?

Comments?

I don't think it is a question of who owns the beach but one of common sense. If the beach is filled blanket to blanket playing ball or frisbee is a nuisance.

If the beach is empty, who really cares?

Common sense? In California? Oh please. :lol::lol::lol:

Since the people of L.A. tend towards having the intellectual capacity of a peanut, they really need to be told how to live. Liberals are very good at telling others how to live - for their own good, you understand.

They'd have to pay me to live in CA again. I have too much money to go back. :lol:

Plenty of rich folks move to California

Well the first thing you know ol Jed's a millionaire,
Kinfolk said "Jed move away from there"
Said "Californy is the place you ought to be"
So they loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly.

Hills, that is. Swimmin pools, movie stars.

All I know is that when the wife and I spend our couple of weeks on the beach each year, that when the football comes out, it gets dangerous out there. You stand a very good chance of getting slugged by a long pass.
Not cool. But neither are dogs and glass bottles.

You are aware that the Beverly Hillbillies is not real life, huh?

There are plenty of rich folk leaving California too.

You are aware that the Beverly Hillbillies is not real life, huh?

There are plenty of rich folk leaving California too.

Are you sure?
How bout these guys?

When a couple of guys, they were up to no good
Started making trouble in my neighbourhood
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
And said "You're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel-air

From what I understand, ownership of beach property only extends to the high tide line below that line there are no property rights.

So just stay below the high tide line and you can eat and smoke all you want
That is not true in New Jersey. I know for a fact from personal experience that private ownership of the beach extends 100 feet into the ocean from LOW tide. I would assume the same rule extends to NJ municipal owned beaches as well.

Forum List

Back