Who needs guns when you have.........Hockey Pucks

Isn't that just like a Liberal... brings a puck, to a gun fight.

"C'mon boys! Follow me!" :auiqs.jpg:

"They've hit Bunny! C'mon, girls!"

SpanishMajesticArgusfish-max-1mb.gif

It sounds silly, but Rightwinger isn't completely off base. I don't care if you have a bazooka. A large enough group of people throwing hockey pucks at you is going to fuck you up quick.

It sounds silly, but Rightwinger isn't completely off base. I don't care if you have a bazooka. A large enough group of people throwing hockey pucks at you is going to fuck you up quick.

Perhaps, but how many people will be willing to face down a high powered rifle with hockey pucks?

The Zulus might disagree with you.

1467427.jpg

Perhaps, but how many people will be willing to face down a high powered rifle with hockey pucks?

I see it as similar to the guns vs tyranny argument between the left and right. The left argues that guns won't help because the government has nuclear weapons. I'd argue that enough guns pointed in their direction trumps their superior firepower.

1467427.jpg

Fighting the most powerful military in the world might be a little different than fighting some guy with a gun. :dunno:

The Zulus were organized, imminently disciplined, well-trained, courageous, and didn't fear death. They were armed with assegi short spears, deadly in the hands of a trained warrior. Yet, 140 British soldiers with single shot rifles held off 4,000 Zulu warriors until the Zulus were forced to withdraw.

As part of my training in AAO, I've watched hours of videos from CCTV of Active Armed Offender sieges around the world. They have several things in common. First, working on the side of the attackers, mass panic. Once the shooting starts, people freeze, they cower, they run. They don't organize a defense or, in most cases, even attempt to protect other victims.

The idea of a dozen, or a hundred siege victims massing an organized attack on a lone gunman or group with rubber pucks is laughable. In the first few seconds of such an attack, several attackers will be cut down, forcing the others to seek cover and concealment. They will not be able to accurately throw their 'pucks' from cover.

In an AAO situation, the shooters will be mobile, they will not be able to cover all the exits. if you're unarmed (or armed with sports equipment), your best tactic is to escape, evade, or hide, in that order. Get to the police cordon, that is where the men with the guns will protect you.

1467427.jpg

Fighting the most powerful military in the world might be a little different than fighting some guy with a gun. :dunno:

The Zulus were organized, imminently disciplined, well-trained, courageous, and didn't fear death. They were armed with assegi short spears, deadly in the hands of a trained warrior. Yet, 140 British soldiers with single shot rifles held off 4,000 Zulu warriors until the Zulus were forced to withdraw.

As part of my training in AAO, I've watched hours of videos from CCTV of Active Armed Offender sieges around the world. They have several things in common. First, working on the side of the attackers, mass panic. Once the shooting starts, people freeze, they cower, they run. They don't organize a defense or, in most cases, even attempt to protect other victims.

The idea of a dozen, or a hundred siege victims massing an organized attack on a lone gunman or group with rubber pucks is laughable. In the first few seconds of such an attack, several attackers will be cut down, forcing the others to seek cover and concealment. They will not be able to accurately throw their 'pucks' from cover.

In an AAO situation, the shooters will be mobile, they will not be able to cover all the exits. if you're unarmed (or armed with sports equipment), your best tactic is to escape, evade, or hide, in that order. Get to the police cordon, that is where the men with the guns will protect you.

I don't give a shit what your "training" told you. I've got a keyboard, and a bottle of whiskey. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about.

1467427.jpg

I don't give a shit what your "training" told you. I've got a keyboard, and a bottle of whiskey. I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about.

I stand corrected.

Well if a hockey puck came at you off the ice at the end of a hockey stick that would be a weapon.

But just throwing one could be dodged. Not moving at speed like in a hockey game.

Forum List

Back