Who makes up the 20 million "uninsured" now on Obamacare? MEDICAID eligibles Before ACA!

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
The Obama administration has been bragging that nine million more Americans now have health insurance, thanks to Obamacare. But just like with most numbers cited to support the government takeover of health care in America, that “9 million” figure is deceptive.

We were told that 48 million Americans lacked affordable health insurance and something had to be done, but even five years after the passage of Obamacare, 33 million Americans are still uninsured.

If you dig deeper into the actual numbers and realize what really happened with those 9 million “newly insured”, there’s little reason to cheer.

The number of Americans with health insurance increased by 9.25 million in 2014, the first year that two key provisions of Obamacare took place: the subsidies for coverage purchased through the exchanges and Medicaid expansion. And according to recent research by The Heritage Foundation, out of that 9.25 million, “the vast majority of the increase was the result of 8.99 million individuals being added to the Medicaid rolls.”

In other words, over 97 percent of last year’s newly insured Americans were from Medicaid expansion.
Ninety-seven percent of Obamacare’s “newly insured” are from Medicaid expansion - Hot Air

The facts ARE that BEFORE Obamacare:
1)14 million didn't know they were eligible for Medicaid already!
http://coverageforall.org/pdf/BC-BS_Uninsured-America.pdf
2)10 million of the supposed 46 million uninsured WERE NOT CITIZENS!!
Illegals as the Census Bureau stated!
http://www.census.gov/newsroom/releases/archives/income_wealth/cb10-144.html
3)18 million were under 34 years, make over $50,000 and didn't WANT or need employers' health
programs! Over half of them (9.7 million) in households with incomes that exceed $75,000 annually. -
4) Many veterans qualify for cost-free health care services based on a compensable service-connected
condition or other qualifying factors. NOTE Total Unique Patients of VA: 5,830,130
Determine Cost of Care - Health Benefits

So where are the "46 million uninsured Americans"????

None of which that 20mm who did not have it before have it now.

No one can ever get around that figure.

Why do you think the GOP is going to have a government program to replace it.

We are not going back to the bad old days.

Nope....the bad days of Obamacare are over....

But 14 million didn't know they were eligible BEFORE Obamacare? Who's fault was that the LAW???
Who ran Medicaid? Obama!

And you also conveniently forget the 18 million UNDER 34 years old that didn't WANT much less NEED health insurance!
But you people just don't seem to comprehend what and HOW insurance works.
Then there are the 10 million illegals that were counted as part of the 46 million number Obama used to get those Americans as
Gruber required "the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really, really critical for the thing to pass."
ObamaCare architect: 'Stupidity' of voters helped bill pass
Really Jake? Are you part of that "stupidity" group that believed those phony numbers?
Finally we keep hearing about the "millions of Americans" now covered who couldn't because of "pre-existing conditions"!
Jake... HOW MANY MILLIONS???
FACT: a total of LESS THEN 1.5 million Americans who were denied health insurance or paid higher premiums due to pre-existing conditions.
Obama's Pre-existing Conditions Whopper

You need to THINK!

A nation's good health is a national security issue.

You are part of the "stupid" group who thinks the numbers are phony.

THINK!

You need to THINK!

THINK!

I've proven the fallacy of the "46 million uninsured" with links.
Where in the hell is YOUR proof I'm part of the 'stupid" group since I didn't call you stupid... but Gruber did for your believing Obama's statement!

Remember MIT professor Jonathan Gruber said:
This bill was written in a tortured way to make sure CBO did not score the mandate as taxes.
If CBO scored the mandate as taxes, the bill dies. Okay, so it’s written to do that.
In terms of risk rated subsidies, if you had a law which said that healthy people are going to pay in –
you made explicit healthy people pay in and sick people get money, it would not have passed…
Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage.
And basically, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really really critical for the thing to pass…
Look, I wish Mark was right that we could make it all transparent, but I’d rather have this law than not.”

VIDEO: "Stupid voters" would have killed Obamacare

Starkey... FACTS are black and white. Gruber called people like you "stupid"... I didn't.
FACTS there never were 46 million uninsured Americans that were Americans, that were told they could have Medicaid and wanted health insurance!
Never as my continued LINKS show .... Show me your LINKS!!!

You proved nothing with your fake numbers.

That was proved years ago when you first tried the nonsense.

THINK!

THINK!

the newly insured are getting it free. Those of us who pay for our insurance are paying for the ones getting it free. Nothing has changed, the insured always paid for the uninsured, except that now we also have to pay for a huge new inefficient govt beaurocracy.

NO ONE in the USA was denied medical treatment before ACA. NO ONE, even those here illegally. There was no healthcare crisis that mandated a government takeover.

Two things needed fixing
1. companies must take people with pre-existing conditions
2. there should be no lifetime maximum payments.

those two things could have been fixed with a one page bill. Instead we got 2000 pages of useless bullshit that has almost destroyed the best medical system the world has ever seen, and dems own it 100%

Many people don't know the Affordable Care Act is Obamacare. Many people don't know that emergency rooms aren't national health care. Many people don't know health insurance companies are just in it for the money. Many people don't know what a screwed up system health care was before Obamacare. Many people with preexisting conditions have no idea that they're benefiting from Obamacare. THINK!

THINK!

So the Census Bureau FAKED the numbers?
1) 10 million of the supposed 46 million uninsured WERE NOT CITIZENS!! Illegals as the Census Bureau stated!
2)14 million didn't know they were eligible for Medicaid already!
Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association contracted with the Actuarial Research Corporation (ARC) to provide a detailed analysis of
the uninsured identified by the Census Bureau, which found:
Nearly one-third were reachable through public programs, such as Medicaid and the SCHIP program for children
(Let's see... 1/3 of 44.7 million is wow... 14 million!!!
3)18 million were under 34 years, make over $50,000 and didn't WANT or need employers' health
programs! Over half of them (9.7 million) in households with incomes that exceed $75,000 annually. -
CRISIS OF THE UNINSURED: 2009

4) So the VA.gov is also a liar then?
Many veterans qualify for cost-free health care services based on a compensable service-connected condition or other qualifying factors.
Total Veterans and Non-Veterans using VA Health care during 2014: 6,616,963

So tell me again how did you come to so stupidly believe Obama's 46 million number IN contrast with the
Census Bureau, Blue Cross, and Veteran Administration facts!
Veteranshealthcare.png

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R43579.pdf

Your analysis is skewed, HM, and you know it, to get what you want.

I am not buying it, and other intelligent people are not buying it.

The Obama administration has been bragging that nine million more Americans now have health insurance, thanks to Obamacare. But just like with most numbers cited to support the government takeover of health care in America, that “9 million” figure is deceptive.

We were told that 48 million Americans lacked affordable health insurance and something had to be done, but even five years after the passage of Obamacare, 33 million Americans are still uninsured.

If you dig deeper into the actual numbers and realize what really happened with those 9 million “newly insured”, there’s little reason to cheer.

The number of Americans with health insurance increased by 9.25 million in 2014, the first year that two key provisions of Obamacare took place: the subsidies for coverage purchased through the exchanges and Medicaid expansion. And according to recent research by The Heritage Foundation, out of that 9.25 million, “the vast majority of the increase was the result of 8.99 million individuals being added to the Medicaid rolls.”

In other words, over 97 percent of last year’s newly insured Americans were from Medicaid expansion.
Ninety-seven percent of Obamacare’s “newly insured” are from Medicaid expansion - Hot Air

The facts ARE that BEFORE Obamacare:
1)14 million didn't know they were eligible for Medicaid already!
2)10 million of the supposed 46 million uninsured WERE NOT CITIZENS!!
Illegals as the Census Bureau stated!
4) Many veterans qualify for cost-free health care services based on a compensable service-connected
condition or other qualifying factors. NOTE Total Unique Patients of VA: 5,830,130
Determine Cost of Care - Health Benefits

So where are the "46 million uninsured Americans"????
How does one justify costing the taxpayers over a trillion dollars to provide crappy insurance to only 9 million people. Most of which aren't even US citizens.

Of course you and others don't buy it! Because of YOUR STUPIDITY!

Remember MIT professor Jonathan Gruber architect of Obamacare said you and others like you were STUPID! This is the guy that designed ACA!
And He knew it took your total buy in of these fabricated numbers!
This bill was written in a tortured way to make sure CBO did not score the mandate as taxes.
If CBO scored the mandate as taxes, the bill dies. Okay, so it’s written to do that.
In terms of risk rated subsidies, if you had a law which said that healthy people are going to pay in –
you made explicit healthy people pay in and sick people get money, it would not have passed…
And basically, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really really critical for the thing to pass…
Look, I wish Mark was right that we could make it all transparent, but I’d rather have this law than not.”

Many people don't know the Affordable Care Act is Obamacare. Many people don't know that emergency rooms aren't national health care. Many people don't know health insurance companies are just in it for the money. Many people don't know what a screwed up system health care was before Obamacare. Many people with preexisting conditions have no idea that they're benefiting from Obamacare. THINK!

wrong on all points.

ACA is obamacare and the dems own that POS 100%
When you get something free, its not always convenient, if you don't like going to the ER for free, open your wallet and go to a doctor's office. The government does not owe you medical care.
Sure insurance companies have to collect more than they pay out, otherwise they would go out of business. Econ 101
Our healthcare system was not screwed up before ACA. It had some problems that could easily have been fixed.
I addressed preexisting conditions and lifetime maximums in a previous post, a one page bill could have fixed those issues.

ACA was nothing but a dem attempt to have the govt take over a major portion of our economy. Like government healthcare? Try the VA and die waiting to get treatment.

typical lib response. "I don't like those stats so I am going to call you a liar". Do you understand how stupid that makes you look?

The stupidity is displayed by the OP.

20 million now have health insurance that did not before.

Ryan and the GOP are now forced to provide a government program ensuring, through market and public co-operation and mandate, for the American people.

We are not going back to the bad old days of pre-ACA.

Ryan and the GOP are now forced to provide a government program ensuring, through market and public co-operation and mandate, for the American people.

What exactly were the "bad old days" ? When your employer provided insurance at a very low monthly premium? When deductibles were in the hundreds rather than the thousands? When you could buy a private policy for around $100/month? When you could buy a policy that covered your needs and not everyone else's? When no one was denied medical care whether you were insured or not? When Medicaid and medicare covered the indigent and old? When prescriptions cost less than $20 instead of 400?

As to your claim of 20 million now insured that were not previously, 99% of those are "insured" by Medicaid, not commercial insurance.

When will you libs ever stop lying about this massive failure? I guess never, since it was obozo's only "accomplishment".

Tell us about the bad old days, jakey boy.

You need to THINK!

THINK!

I've proven the fallacy of the "46 million uninsured" with links.
Where in the hell is YOUR proof I'm part of the 'stupid" group since I didn't call you stupid... but Gruber did for your believing Obama's statement!

Remember MIT professor Jonathan Gruber said:

Starkey... FACTS are black and white. Gruber called people like you "stupid"... I didn't.
FACTS there never were 46 million uninsured Americans that were Americans, that were told they could have Medicaid and wanted health insurance!
Never as my continued LINKS show .... Show me your LINKS!!!
Facts:
Number of Uninsured in U.S. Dropped Below 10% for First Time in 2015

Over 16 to 9.1 as of last March and going down...

Population of US 318.9
9.1% of that is 29 million...

Again March Figures not todays figures... to go back to 2009 would put 22 million with no insurance...

This is all very transparent you just have to look for it...

What exactly were the "bad old days" ? When your employer provided insurance at a very low monthly premium? When deductibles were in the hundreds rather than the thousands? When you could buy a private policy for around $100/month? When you could buy a policy that covered your needs and not everyone else's? When no one was denied medical care whether you were insured or not? When Medicaid and medicare covered the indigent and old? When prescriptions cost less than $20 instead of 400?

As to your claim of 20 million now insured that were not previously, 99% of those are "insured" by Medicaid, not commercial insurance.

When will you libs ever stop lying about this massive failure? I guess never, since it was obozo's only "accomplishment".

Tell us about the bad old days, jakey boy.

Yea Pharma Costs... You support the guys blocking a reduction...

http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-acti...ers-gop-blocked-trump-proposal-on-drug-prices

But it makes sense, they at the trough...
Drug companies are pouring money into GOP coffers

Forum List

Back