Who makes up the 20 million "uninsured" now on Obamacare? MEDICAID eligibles Before ACA!

I've proven the fallacy of the "46 million uninsured" with links.
Where in the hell is YOUR proof I'm part of the 'stupid" group since I didn't call you stupid... but Gruber did for your believing Obama's statement!

Remember MIT professor Jonathan Gruber said:
This bill was written in a tortured way to make sure CBO did not score the mandate as taxes.
If CBO scored the mandate as taxes, the bill dies. Okay, so it’s written to do that.
In terms of risk rated subsidies, if you had a law which said that healthy people are going to pay in –
you made explicit healthy people pay in and sick people get money, it would not have passed…
Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage.
And basically, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really really critical for the thing to pass…
Look, I wish Mark was right that we could make it all transparent, but I’d rather have this law than not.”

VIDEO: "Stupid voters" would have killed Obamacare

Starkey... FACTS are black and white. Gruber called people like you "stupid"... I didn't.
FACTS there never were 46 million uninsured Americans that were Americans, that were told they could have Medicaid and wanted health insurance!
Never as my continued LINKS show .... Show me your LINKS!!!
Facts:
Number of Uninsured in U.S. Dropped Below 10% for First Time in 2015

Over 16 to 9.1 as of last March and going down...

Population of US 318.9
9.1% of that is 29 million...

Again March Figures not todays figures... to go back to 2009 would put 22 million with no insurance...

This is all very transparent you just have to look for it...

So bad insurance is OK if more people are getting it free? Higher premiums and higher deductibles are not good for average americans. In many cases a family has $10,000 out of pocket before "insurance" pays anything. That's not insurance, that's robbery.
No, that's not robbery - it's one important way that insurance companies keep cost of insurance lower.

We do the same thing with other insurance. We have significant deductibles on house insurance, car insurance, etc.

I for one am not interested in paying for insurance that pays for everything that ever happens. I want more than total disaster coverage, but I don't want to pay my insurance company to cover every little thing that happens.

You should be able to buy a plan that does just that. Obamacare made those plans illegal.

Right! So now under Obamacare idiots like this can do dumb stunts like these because oh my Obamacare will pay for it!!!

View attachment 105306
View attachment 105307

View attachment 105308

And these people want health insurance to pay for their stupidity!!! Why should I??
Do you own a car?

You need to THINK!

A nation's good health is a national security issue.

You are part of the "stupid" group who thinks the numbers are phony.

THINK!

Where in the hell is YOUR proof I'm part of the 'stupid" group since I didn't call you stupid... but Gruber did for your believing Obama's statement!

This bill was written in a tortured way to make sure CBO did not score the mandate as taxes.
If CBO scored the mandate as taxes, the bill dies. Okay, so it’s written to do that.
In terms of risk rated subsidies, if you had a law which said that healthy people are going to pay in –
you made explicit healthy people pay in and sick people get money, it would not have passed…
And basically, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really really critical for the thing to pass…
Look, I wish Mark was right that we could make it all transparent, but I’d rather have this law than not.”

Starkey... FACTS are black and white. Gruber called people like you "stupid"... I didn't.
FACTS there never were 46 million uninsured Americans that were Americans, that were told they could have Medicaid and wanted health insurance!
Facts:

Population of US 318.9

Again March Figures not todays figures... to go back to 2009 would put 22 million with no insurance...

So bad insurance is OK if more people are getting it free? Higher premiums and higher deductibles are not good for average americans. In many cases a family has $10,000 out of pocket before "insurance" pays anything. That's not insurance, that's robbery.
No, that's not robbery - it's one important way that insurance companies keep cost of insurance lower.

We do the same thing with other insurance. We have significant deductibles on house insurance, car insurance, etc.

I for one am not interested in paying for insurance that pays for everything that ever happens. I want more than total disaster coverage, but I don't want to pay my insurance company to cover every little thing that happens.

nor do I. However, a plan that has a premium of $12,000/year and a deductible of $5000?year means you spend $17000 before your insurance company pays anything. Do you consider that good coverage? Sure, if you get it free, its better, but you still have the $5K deductible to deal with.

Facts:

Population of US 318.9

You should be able to buy a plan that does just that. Obamacare made those plans illegal.
I don't know what you mean by "does just that".

But, yes, the ACA requires that everyone gets to buy insurance (unlike before), that insurance companies can't monitor your health care payments and decide to drop you (unlike before), etc.

I'd point out that polls show America is wildly in favor of these features.

NO, ACA does not require that everyone "buy" insurance. Most of the newly insured are either getting it free or are being put on the Medicaid rolls, and the rest of us are paying for them.

and yes, ACA did a couple of good things, no denial for pre-existing conditions and no lifetime maximums, and they cannot drop you if you have claims. Those things could have been done with a one page bill. Instead we got 2000 pages of bullshit that is not working.

The Obama administration has been bragging that nine million more Americans now have health insurance, thanks to Obamacare. But just like with most numbers cited to support the government takeover of health care in America, that “9 million” figure is deceptive.

We were told that 48 million Americans lacked affordable health insurance and something had to be done, but even five years after the passage of Obamacare, 33 million Americans are still uninsured.

If you dig deeper into the actual numbers and realize what really happened with those 9 million “newly insured”, there’s little reason to cheer.

The number of Americans with health insurance increased by 9.25 million in 2014, the first year that two key provisions of Obamacare took place: the subsidies for coverage purchased through the exchanges and Medicaid expansion. And according to recent research by The Heritage Foundation, out of that 9.25 million, “the vast majority of the increase was the result of 8.99 million individuals being added to the Medicaid rolls.”

In other words, over 97 percent of last year’s newly insured Americans were from Medicaid expansion.
Ninety-seven percent of Obamacare’s “newly insured” are from Medicaid expansion - Hot Air

The facts ARE that BEFORE Obamacare:
1)14 million didn't know they were eligible for Medicaid already!
http://coverageforall.org/pdf/BC-BS_Uninsured-America.pdf
2)10 million of the supposed 46 million uninsured WERE NOT CITIZENS!!
Illegals as the Census Bureau stated!
http://www.census.gov/newsroom/releases/archives/income_wealth/cb10-144.html
3)18 million were under 34 years, make over $50,000 and didn't WANT or need employers' health
programs! Over half of them (9.7 million) in households with incomes that exceed $75,000 annually. -
4) Many veterans qualify for cost-free health care services based on a compensable service-connected
condition or other qualifying factors. NOTE Total Unique Patients of VA: 5,830,130
Determine Cost of Care - Health Benefits

So where are the "46 million uninsured Americans"????
Heritage Foundation talking points? Do you know how often they have had to scrub their website after they have been called out on their lies?

Watch this Link: Will Heritage Scrub Its Obamacare History?

Krugman On GOP Budget: “Ridiculous And Heartless”; And Why Did Heritage Scrub Ryan’s Numbers?

Facts:

Population of US 318.9

But, yes, the ACA requires that everyone gets to buy insurance (unlike before), that insurance companies can't monitor your health care payments and decide to drop you (unlike before), etc.

NO, ACA does not require that everyone "buy" insurance. Most of the newly insured are either getting it free or are being put on the Medicaid rolls, and the rest of us are paying for them.

and yes, ACA did a couple of good things, no denial for pre-existing conditions and no lifetime maximums, and they cannot drop you if you have claims. Those things could have been done with a one page bill. Instead we got 2000 pages of bullshit that is not working.
Not really. Think about it. If Obama care was only the good things, how much would it cost? There has to be some kind of revenue infusion. That's why the mandate which the conservative court found acceptable.

You need to THINK!

A nation's good health is a national security issue.

You are part of the "stupid" group who thinks the numbers are phony.

THINK!

Facts:

Population of US 318.9

nor do I. However, a plan that has a premium of $12,000/year and a deductible of $5000?year means you spend $17000 before your insurance company pays anything. Do you consider that good coverage? Sure, if you get it free, its better, but you still have the $5K deductible to deal with.
Being subsidized does not mean you get it for free.

All it is is a way of giving some help for people to get an insurance policy that still has deductibles and co-pays.

I agree health care is expensive.

America pays more for health care than other first world nations, yet fewer people get care! That was just as true (in fact in many ways it was more so) before the ACA.

If we want to reduce health care costs we really need to identify where the money is going and then deciding which of those places we want to control - along with how to do it.

Facts:

Population of US 318.9

- "subsidy" doesn't mean you get it for free. And, they ALL still have deductibles and co-pays, just like the rest of us. These people still buy insurance. The ACA isn't free to anyone.

- the benefits you identify are not possible without finding a way to pay for them. The bi-partisan committees in the House and Senate were highly motivated to find some way to pay for these features without requiring everyone to buy insurance, but such a method was not found.

Insurance companies can not survive if they are required to allow people to sign up when they are sick and then opt out when they are well.

If everyone is in the system, if the system is competitive in bidding, the prices will go down and people will get the health care they need and the health industry and pharma cartels will still get rich.

Facts:

Population of US 318.9

All it is is a way of giving some help for people to get an insurance policy that still has deductibles and co-pays.

America pays more for health care than other first world nations, yet fewer people get care! That was just as true (in fact in many ways it was more so) before the ACA.

If we want to reduce health care costs we really need to identify where the money is going and then deciding which of those places we want to control - along with how to do it.

Why do you people EXAGGERATE so much? "Yet fewer people get care"? Where in the hell do you come off making such a dumb comment?
And as far as "where the money is going".... I've put this up so many times and I still don't understand why it is so complicated to understand!

Maybe I need to simplify it!

READ this source:
90% of physicians say they order duplicate tests, refer to specialists all because they fear being sued by lawyers!
As a result almost $500 to $800 BILLION a year is the estimated WASTED health expenses in insurance claims!
But doctors under federal contracts DON"T order, DON"T FEAR because of the 1946 Tort Reform.
http://www.jacksonhealthcare.com/media/8968/defensivemedicine_ebook_final.pdf
Do you understand? Insurance companies pay these claims because they don't want to be involved in litigation.
Over 90% of medical malpractice cases are settled out of court. It's easy to understand why: money.
The average court settlement is about $425,000;
the average jury award tops $1 million. Most of the time, it's a lot cheaper to settle.http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/811323_3

So consequently doctors order $500 billion to $800 billion a year IN DUPLICATE TESTS all because they fear being sued!

How can I make it plainer?

Solution is tax lawyers $270 billion a year 10% and reduce the tax as this $500 billion to $800 billion a year in wasted testings,etc reduces!
Take the $27 billion and provide health insurance for the truly needy less then 2 million people that don't qualify for several reasons health insurance!
This is so simple. So why are most people afraid of recognizing as your doctors DO... this gigantic waste?

Facts:

Population of US 318.9

Why do you people EXAGGERATE so much? "Yet fewer people get care"? Where in the hell do you come off making such a dumb comment?
And as far as "where the money is going".... I've put this up so many times and I still don't understand why it is so complicated to understand!

READ this source:
90% of physicians say they order duplicate tests, refer to specialists all because they fear being sued by lawyers!
As a result almost $500 to $800 BILLION a year is the estimated WASTED health expenses in insurance claims!
But doctors under federal contracts DON"T order, DON"T FEAR because of the 1946 Tort Reform.
Do you understand? Insurance companies pay these claims because they don't want to be involved in litigation.
Over 90% of medical malpractice cases are settled out of court. It's easy to understand why: money.
the average jury award tops $1 million. Most of the time, it's a lot cheaper to settle.http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/811323_3

So consequently doctors order $500 billion to $800 billion a year IN DUPLICATE TESTS all because they fear being sued!

Solution is tax lawyers $270 billion a year 10% and reduce the tax as this $500 billion to $800 billion a year in wasted testings,etc reduces!
Take the $27 billion and provide health insurance for the truly needy less then 2 million people that don't qualify for several reasons health insurance!
This is so simple. So why are most people afraid of recognizing as your doctors DO... this gigantic waste?
You said:
"Why do you people EXAGGERATE so much? "Yet fewer people get care"? Where in the hell do you come off making such a dumb comment?"

Here's a list of 32 countries that do better than we do in bringing health care to our citizens:

List of countries by health insurance coverage - Wikipedia

However, we do appear to be better than Chile.

(Before you hate the source, check the link provided for the list.)

Facts:

Population of US 318.9

READ this source:

Where did you get that $270B number? This idea of taxing lawyers hits me as crazy, by the way.

Several states have serious limits on tort, yet they don't show decreases in health care costs such as you propose.

The Obama administration has been bragging that nine million more Americans now have health insurance, thanks to Obamacare. But just like with most numbers cited to support the government takeover of health care in America, that “9 million” figure is deceptive.

We were told that 48 million Americans lacked affordable health insurance and something had to be done, but even five years after the passage of Obamacare, 33 million Americans are still uninsured.

If you dig deeper into the actual numbers and realize what really happened with those 9 million “newly insured”, there’s little reason to cheer.

The number of Americans with health insurance increased by 9.25 million in 2014, the first year that two key provisions of Obamacare took place: the subsidies for coverage purchased through the exchanges and Medicaid expansion. And according to recent research by The Heritage Foundation, out of that 9.25 million, “the vast majority of the increase was the result of 8.99 million individuals being added to the Medicaid rolls.”

In other words, over 97 percent of last year’s newly insured Americans were from Medicaid expansion.
Ninety-seven percent of Obamacare’s “newly insured” are from Medicaid expansion - Hot Air

The facts ARE that BEFORE Obamacare:
1)14 million didn't know they were eligible for Medicaid already!
2)10 million of the supposed 46 million uninsured WERE NOT CITIZENS!!
Illegals as the Census Bureau stated!
http://www.census.gov/newsroom/releases/archives/income_wealth/cb10-144.html
3)18 million were under 34 years, make over $50,000 and didn't WANT or need employers' health
programs! Over half of them (9.7 million) in households with incomes that exceed $75,000 annually. -
4) Many veterans qualify for cost-free health care services based on a compensable service-connected
condition or other qualifying factors. NOTE Total Unique Patients of VA: 5,830,130
Determine Cost of Care - Health Benefits

So where are the "46 million uninsured Americans"????
Heritage Foundation talking points? Do you know how often they have had to scrub their website after they have been called out on their lies?

Watch this Link: Will Heritage Scrub Its Obamacare History?

Krugman On GOP Budget: “Ridiculous And Heartless”; And Why Did Heritage Scrub Ryan’s Numbers?

Where in the hell does this article talk about out right lies by Heritage foundation regarding 9.5 million already covered by Medicaid?
This article you linked: http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/811323_3 Has NO discussion about that! So you are flat as wrong!

Are you saying the Census is lying about 10 million illegal aliens are part of that phony 44.7 million "uninsured"???

Looking back to Obama's statement, though, he said nearly 46 million Americans don't have insurance.
Actually, the census data include noncitizens.
The Census Bureau breaks out that information and reports that 9.7 million of the uninsured are noncitizens. So the number of Americans without insurance is actually closer to 36 million. Number of those without health insurance about 46 million

READ this source:

Where did you get that $270B number? This idea of taxing lawyers hits me as crazy, by the way.

Several states have serious limits on tort, yet they don't show decreases in health care costs such as you propose.

Year: 2012 U.S. Legal Services Industry Market size: $270.567 billion
» U.S. Legal Services Industry Market Size Blog

So why did ACA tax tanning salons 10%? Tanning causes cancer.
If 90% of doctors say they spend $500 to $800 billion a year just to cover their asses from lawsuits? What is one way of reducing that?
Reduce the fear of lawsuits i.e. TAX lawyers on the duplicate testing,etc. and reduce the tax as the wasteful duplicate cover their asses expenses of
defensive medicine reduces. Again..Over 90% of medical malpractice cases are settled out of court.[3] It's easy to understand why: money. The average court settlement is about $425,000; the average jury award tops $1 million.[3] Most of the time, it's a lot cheaper to settle.
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/811323_3
Insurance companies will continue to pay these duplicate testing,etc. claims for services...and raise premiums!

This is what your link said:
A list of countries by health insurance coverage. The table lists the percentage of the total population covered by total public and primary private health insurance, by government/social health insurance, and by primary private health insurance in the 34 Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) member countries in 2011.[1]

Has NO STATEMENT as to what number of people get care? Simple says what % are covered!
More importantly... the table says:

United States === 84.9% public and primary care govt. ---
31.8% govt. & social services
53.1% primary private insurance..
To me that adds up to more then 100%!!!

- "subsidy" doesn't mean you get it for free. And, they ALL still have deductibles and co-pays, just like the rest of us. These people still buy insurance. The ACA isn't free to anyone.

- the benefits you identify are not possible without finding a way to pay for them. The bi-partisan committees in the House and Senate were highly motivated to find some way to pay for these features without requiring everyone to buy insurance, but such a method was not found.

Insurance companies can not survive if they are required to allow people to sign up when they are sick and then opt out when they are well.

you are wrong about a couple of things. Some people do get free insurance under ACA, others get it heavily subsidized or almost free. It is free or virtually free to millions, most of the newly "insured" were added to the Medicaid rolls-------Medicaid is FREE.

Most of the cost issues in our health system could be fixed with one word-------competition.

Let insurance companies compete across state lines. Let medical facilities advertise their rates and services. Let doctors set up co-ops where patients pay a set fee per month for all needed care. Let people get a tax deduction for putting money in an HSA.

There are lots of ways to fix this without turning it over to government control and letting our entire health system become the VA.

If everyone is in the system, if the system is competitive in bidding, the prices will go down and people will get the health care they need and the health industry and pharma cartels will still get rich.
Everyone is in the system. Everyone has always been in the system. NO one in the USA was denied medical care before ACA. NO ONE.

Trying to make everyone "insured" is what has driven up the cost of medical care and drugs.

READ this source:

You said:
"Why do you people EXAGGERATE so much? "Yet fewer people get care"? Where in the hell do you come off making such a dumb comment?"

Here's a list of 32 countries that do better than we do in bringing health care to our citizens:

socialized medicine can work fairly well for a small population. There aren't very many people in Norway and Finland. It does not work well in the UK and Canada, and would be a complete disaster in the USA.

READ this source:

You said:

socialized medicine can work fairly well for a small population. There aren't very many people in Norway and Finland. It does not work well in the UK and Canada, and would be a complete disaster in the USA.

ABSOLUTELY AGREE!!! And it can work here in the USA... but at the state level i.e. Ma. But let the states determine it based on the states' demographics,
economy, living standards,etc... that's the problem with most federal programs is one size DOES NOT fit all!
Same with minimum wage. I'm all in favor at STATE's direction not the federal government!

you are wrong about a couple of things. Some people do get free insurance under ACA, others get it heavily subsidized or almost free. It is free or virtually free to millions, most of the newly "insured" were added to the Medicaid rolls-------Medicaid is FREE.

Most of the cost issues in our health system could be fixed with one word-------competition.

Let insurance companies compete across state lines. Let medical facilities advertise their rates and services. Let doctors set up co-ops where patients pay a set fee per month for all needed care. Let people get a tax deduction for putting money in an HSA.

There are lots of ways to fix this without turning it over to government control and letting our entire health system become the VA.

Agree with you 100% especially HSAs! Great idea and works fine.
My life style is far different then my 47 year old son. So why should he support my health care needs. He use to use HSAs before this stupid ACA!
That plus getting the defensive medicine costs reduced. As I've written so many times when 90% of doctors tell us the order over $500 to $800 BILLION a
year in duplicate tests, etc ALL out of fear of lawsuits something can be done to reduce that figure. Reduce that $500 billion say to $300 billion and
the insurance companies that pay these claims will NOT have the excuses to raise premiums. States' insurance regulators look at the "Medical loss ratio" that the average health insurance pays i.e. about 80% of premium goes in to paying claims! But this totally ignorant architects that were anti-profit people
raised that to 85% meaning simply there was less after expenses revenue to make a profit. Lesser profit means lesser reserves! Lesser reserves
means companies can't sell if they don't make profits to make reserves.
That's why Aetna,etc. got out of Obamacare! They couldn't see actuarially how they were going to make a profit in the future from which reserves are created and states will regulate based on that!

Forum List

Back