Who lives in Florida?

I'm thinking oregon might be better too. And it's much closer. I don't relish a drive that is the same distance from here to there as from here to maui.

I love the whole atmosphere of the coast. I don't find the humidity unbearable. I am skeered of flying cockroaches.

I don't know a thing about Oregon.

Flying cockroaches do not bother me. Skeeters would though. And alligators. And pythons. And hornets or wasps. We don't have any of those things here. Well, except skeeters.

Ugh. I am phobic over cockroaches I think. They are huge, and nasty and then the ones that fly. Land on my head, and I am dead! (one never has).

In the valley, there are HUGE cockroaches. BIG one. And I mean at least 1 to 2 inches. I used to step on them accidentally while barefoot when I had to go outside at night. It was gross. Here on the coast, there are small ones..like in dirty houses and stuff but not the big black ones like in the valley. Still..they do not bother me. Unless I step on one barefoot. :lol:

Anyway..Florida is far away. Further than Maui by 400 miles, I think. I don't want to drive that distance and start all over. I might try Eureka calif....or even Grass Valley Calif...or Redding Calif....or not in Cali at all...up to Oregon where it rains (i love rain) and where its GREEN.

Try north of Tampa, Ocala region....(outside of Kentucky, best race horse breeding region in the Nation)! Oh, and it's sort of tropical too, plus with hospitals galore and every other shopping center is really doctor conglomerates...docs are basically a dime a dozen!

In the valley, there are HUGE cockroaches. BIG one. And I mean at least 1 to 2 inches. I used to step on them accidentally while barefoot when I had to go outside at night. It was gross. Here on the coast, there are small ones..like in dirty houses and stuff but not the big black ones like in the valley. Still..they do not bother me. Unless I step on one barefoot. :lol:

Anyway..Florida is far away. Further than Maui by 400 miles, I think. I don't want to drive that distance and start all over. I might try Eureka calif....or even Grass Valley Calif...or Redding Calif....or not in Cali at all...up to Oregon where it rains (i love rain) and where its GREEN.
try 3 inches for the palmetto bugs, (flying cockroaches), the first time my sister came to visit me when I lived in Florida, one 3 inches long was crossing the floor, she screamed at the top of her lungs, OH MY LORD, GET THE GUN when she first saw it! :lol:

Been looking at properties there...central Florida anyway or closer to the gulf side. I don't want near the atlantic. Central would be better I think. Some protection from hurricanes from either direction. Lots of greenery. And old people go there to retire. So...on the prowl in that state and thought i would see who is familiar with it, knows the best small towns that are near big cities (medical needs) and areas to avoid like the plague.

Anyone?

Port. St. Lucie seems pretty small to me and is near enough to medical care. I spent a decade in Key West but many of the other Keys are a bit more relaxed and less expensive. Depending on medical needs though it is quite a distance to travel and there is always that one clown on US 1 driving 20 miles an hour. It's a very eclectic group of people that live there.

Been looking at properties there...central Florida anyway or closer to the gulf side. I don't want near the atlantic. Central would be better I think. Some protection from hurricanes from either direction. Lots of greenery. And old people go there to retire. So...on the prowl in that state and thought i would see who is familiar with it, knows the best small towns that are near big cities (medical needs) and areas to avoid like the plague.

Anyone?

Live in Key Biscayne half of my life. It's a small unique secluded place close to big city of Miami. My permanent house sitter for 18 years wants to go back to Puerto Rico for good this month. Currently we are both here in Miami watching the playoff game between Miami Heat vs Charlotte Hornets.
I need a new live in house sitter. How about Gracie?

602ed6a707d89935fbd1ef18b43c45ff.jpg
d0773bfd9e22bba0c560aad128338f4f.jpg

Anyone?
There is an area just north of Orlando that has some nice Towns Like "Howie In the Hills" and there is also "Mt Dora" which is a nice small town. they are less than a hour from "O Town" which is what they call Orlando..

Florida is a big, diverse states. You can generally find pretty much everything here living-wise. It's definitely cheaper than California.

I am more familiar with north Florida. The Panhandle has the best beaches in Florida, if not the world. 30-A, which runs between Destin and Panama City, is The Next Big Thing. Hurricanes rarely hit Jacksonville and the area south but do hit the Panhandle with frequency. But north Florida is not really tropical. It's more an extension of the South. However, we often have people from south Florida come here and comment on the beauty of the place.

I think Florida is a beautiful state, particularly the natural areas.

Anyone?

Live in Key Biscayne half of my life. It's a small unique secluded place close to big city of Miami. My permanent house sitter for 18 years wants to go back to Puerto Rico for good this month. Currently we are both here in Miami watching the playoff game between Miami Heat vs Charlotte Hornets.
I need a new live in house sitter. How about Gracie?

602ed6a707d89935fbd1ef18b43c45ff.jpg
d0773bfd9e22bba0c560aad128338f4f.jpg
I'm waiting to hear more about the house sitting gig. :lol:

Forum List

Back