Who is the gov't to tell us that we can't kill bees?

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
Our freedom is under assault!

Neonicotinoid pesticides tied to crashing bee populations, 2 studies find

A widely used farm pesticide first introduced in the 1990s has caused significant changes to bee colonies and removing it could be the key factor in restoring nature's army of pollinators, according to two studies released Thursday.

The scientists behind the studies in Europe called for regulators to consider banning the class of chemicals known as neonicotinoid insecticides. In the U.S., the Environmental Protection Agency told msnbc.com that the studies would be incorporated into a review that's currently under way.

U.S. News - Neonicotinoid pesticides tied to crashing bee populations, 2 studies find

There are a dozen studies with a dozen reasons why the bee population is down. Pick one.

A widely used farm pesticide first introduced in the 1990s has caused significant changes to bee colonies and removing it could be the key factor in restoring nature's army of pollinators, according to two studies released Thursday.

The scientists behind the studies in Europe called for regulators to consider banning the class of chemicals known as neonicotinoid insecticides. In the U.S., the Environmental Protection Agency told msnbc.com that the studies would be incorporated into a review that's currently under way.

U.S. News - Neonicotinoid pesticides tied to crashing bee populations, 2 studies find

Maybe if our looney-tune pals on the left hadn't gotten their panties in a bunch over the perfectly harmless insecticide, DDT, we wouldn't be having this problem right now.

Oh yeah, it has been conclusively proven beyond any scientific doubt that DDT, used correctly is as safe as baby powder

Corporatists won't be happy until we have to hand-pollinate our crops like they have to do in China. Hell, I'm sure they'll find a way to profit from it.

Oh yeah, it has been conclusively proven beyond any scientific doubt that DDT, used correctly is as safe as baby powder

No it hasn't. Moron. DDT was the reason for eagles becoming almost extinct - it accumulated in the food chain and made their eggs brittle... Didn't you ever read "Silent Spring" in high school?

You know, if we didn't kowtow to industrial corporate mono-cropping and let them control our food supply and if we grew our food (not commodities, FOOD) in multi-crop living soil the way it should be, there wouldn't be any need for extra insecticides. These chemical companies had do do SOMETHING to make a profit after WWII.

Maybe if our looney-tune pals on the left hadn't gotten their panties in a bunch over the perfectly harmless insecticide, DDT, we wouldn't be having this problem right now.

So, that's why when I was growing up in the 70's-80's I saw ONE WILD bald eagle growing up.

And over the last 5 years, I've seen HUNDREDS MORE in the SAME area where there were none previously.
Along with the passage of the Endangered Species Act, the US ban on DDT is cited by scientists as a major factor in the comeback of the bald eagle, the national bird of the United States, from near-extinction in the contiguous US
DDT - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Seriously...how the hell do you argue with someone who says DDT is as safe as baby powder?
Acute toxicity

DDT is classified as "moderately toxic" by the United States National Toxicology Program (NTP)[47] and "moderately hazardous" by the World Health Organization (WHO), based on the rat oral LD50 of 113 mg/kg.[48]

There is evidence from epidemiological studies (i.e. studies in human populations) that indicates that DDT causes cancers of the liver,[24][36] pancreas[24][36] and breast.[36] There is mixed evidence that it contributes to leukemia,[36] lymphoma[36][75] and testicular cancer.[24][36][76]
DDT - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why don't you go and drink a bunch and give yourself some ball cancer so you don't pass on your STUPID to future generations.

No it hasn't. Moron. DDT was the reason for eagles becoming almost extinct - it accumulated in the food chain and made their eggs brittle... Didn't you ever read "Silent Spring" in high school?

You know, if we didn't kowtow to industrial corporate mono-cropping and let them control our food supply and if we grew our food (not commodities, FOOD) in multi-crop living soil the way it should be, there wouldn't be any need for extra insecticides. These chemical companies had do do SOMETHING to make a profit after WWII.

High School, huh? You made it that far?? No wonder, with your more challenging studies in environmental claptrap that has been disproven time and again.

But fiction has always been easy reading --

THE DDT BAN TURNS 30 — Millions Dead of Malaria Because of Ban, More Deaths Likely

WHY WAS DDT BANNED?

The backlash against DDT came just two decades after its introduction. Claims that DDT was responsible for declines in populations of eagles and other birds of prey were popularized by Rachel Carson's polemic Silent Spring (1962). This hypothesis, like many others blaming DDT for adverse environmental effects, has not been borne out by subsequent studies, but it helped amplify a drumbeat of anti-chemical sentiment at a time when the modern environmental movement was beginning.

Ed:
Libtards, guilty of genocides, murders, holodomors, holocausts and lie after lie after lie.

The sickness that is liberalism knows no bounds

Look dude or dudette, you're a liberal but I'm gonna take a chance and hope there's at least a few brain cells left intact --

You don't know how these grant-dependent faux scientists work.. Just let me give you this --

You can believe this or not. What I recommend is do like I do when I find something that goes against what I thought I already knew -- Research it. If you do, you'll find I'm telling the truth.

Your call

Bald Eagle-DDT Myth Still Flying High
July 06, 2006

Pennsylvania officials just announced success with their program to re-establish the state’s bald eagle population. But it’s a shame that such welcome news is being tainted by oft-repeated myths about the great bird’s near extinction.

In its July 4 article reporting that the number of bald eagle pairs in Pennsylvania had increased from 3 in 1983 to 100 for the first time in over a century, the Associated Press reached into its file of bald eagle folklore and reported, “DDT poisoned the birds, killing some adults and making the eggs of those that survived thin. The thin eggs dramatically reduced the chances of eaglets surviving to adulthood. DDT was banned in 1972. The next year, the Endangered Species Act passed and the bald eagles began their dramatic recovery.”

While the AP acknowledged the fact that bald eagle populations “were considered a nuisance and routinely shot by hunters, farmers and fishermen” – spurring a 1940 federal law protecting bald eagles – the AP underplayed the significance of hunting and human encroachment and erroneously blamed DDT for the eagles’ near demise.

As early as 1921, the journal Ecology reported that bald eagles were threatened with extinction – 22 years before DDT production even began. According to a report in the National Museum Bulletin, the bald eagle reportedly had vanished from New England by 1937 – 10 years before widespread use of the pesticide.

But by 1960 – 20 years after the Bald Eagle Protection Act and at the peak of DDT use – the Audubon Society reported counting 25 percent more eagles than in its pre-1941 census. U.S. Forest Service studies reported an increase in nesting bald eagle productivity from 51 in 1964 to 107 in 1970, according to the 1970 Annual Report on Bald Eagle Status.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service attributed bald eagle population reductions to a “widespread loss of suitable habitat,” but noted that “illegal shooting continues to be the leading cause of direct mortality in both adult and immature bald eagles,” according to a 1978 report in the Endangered Species Tech Bulletin.

A 1984 National Wildlife Federation publication listed hunting, power line electrocution, collisions in flight and poisoning from eating ducks containing lead shot as the leading causes of eagle deaths.

In addition to these reports, numerous scientific studies and experiments vindicate DDT.

U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service biologists fed large doses of DDT to captive bald eagles for 112 days and concluded that “DDT residues encountered by eagles in the environment would not adversely affect eagles or their eggs,” according to a 1966 report published in the “Transcripts of 31st North America Wildlife Conference.”

Silent Spring, great work of fiction.
Light on facts.

This has not been "debunked". How much do you want to bet this "study' you refer to was commissioned by a chemical company?

DDT Study Finds New Hazard - Los Angeles Times
Breast Cancer Linked To Pesticide DDT, Study Suggests
DDT (dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane)
Environmental Health Perspectives: DDT and Breast Cancer in Young Women: New Data on the Significance of Age at Exposure
Effects of DDT

I think I'll trust scientists who have a actually studied this chemical instead of rightie corporate bend-overs, thank you very much.

Last edited:
This has not been "debunked". How much do you want to bet this "study' you refer to was commissioned by a chemical company?

DDT Study Finds New Hazard - Los Angeles Times
Breast Cancer Linked To Pesticide DDT, Study Suggests
DDT (dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane)
Environmental Health Perspectives: DDT and Breast Cancer in Young Women: New Data on the Significance of Age at Exposure
Effects of DDT

I think I'll trust scientists who have a actually studied this chemical instead of rightie corporate bend-overs, thank you very much.

See? That just proves how gullible you are. Unreal.

It's the Chemical Companies that WANT to ban DDT.

Know why? It's cheaper than dirt. It costs next to nothing to produce, is easy to produce and there is hardly ANY profit margin in producing it.

As long as DDT is around, they can't sell their super-expensive stuff -- That doesn't work very good. So you gotta use lots more of it.

'Scientists' huh? That's a laugher. You mean like the ones who told me it was gonna be fair and sunny yesterday, so I go for a ride and get freaking SOAKED. But they can tell us we're all gonna freaking die when the oceans rise above the Rocky Mountains in the next two years.

Hey, I got some Gulf Front property for sale in Glades County.

Interested?

Dope :eusa_drool:

I had been stung a few times this last couple of years, I never attempted to kill the little bastards during the moment of burn.
We need em.

Cite? Easy to say, but can you prove it? :doubt:

Forum List

Back