Who is the gov't to tell us that we can't kill bees?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mustang, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Mustang

Mustang Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
    Ratings:
    +1,792
    Our freedom is under assault!

2. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    But those are MY bees you are killing.

3. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    There are a dozen studies with a dozen reasons why the bee population is down. Pick one.

4. Edgetho

Edgetho Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,397
    Maybe if our looney-tune pals on the left hadn't gotten their panties in a bunch over the perfectly harmless insecticide, DDT, we wouldn't be having this problem right now.

Oh yeah, it has been conclusively proven beyond any scientific doubt that DDT, used correctly is as safe as baby powder

5. Mr. Peepers

Mr. Peepers Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +394
    Corporatists won't be happy until we have to hand-pollinate our crops like they have to do in China. Hell, I'm sure they'll find a way to profit from it.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Mustang

Mustang Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
    Ratings:
    +1,792
    Best keep 'em on yer own property then.

7. Mr. Peepers

Mr. Peepers Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +394
    No it hasn't. Moron. DDT was the reason for eagles becoming almost extinct - it accumulated in the food chain and made their eggs brittle... Didn't you ever read "Silent Spring" in high school?

You know, if we didn't kowtow to industrial corporate mono-cropping and let them control our food supply and if we grew our food (not commodities, FOOD) in multi-crop living soil the way it should be, there wouldn't be any need for extra insecticides. These chemical companies had do do SOMETHING to make a profit after WWII.

8. Decepticon

Decepticon BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +189

So, that's why when I was growing up in the 70's-80's I saw ONE WILD bald eagle growing up.

And over the last 5 years, I've seen HUNDREDS MORE in the SAME area where there were none previously.
    Along with the passage of the Endangered Species Act, the US ban on DDT is cited by scientists as a major factor in the comeback of the bald eagle, the national bird of the United States, from near-extinction in the contiguous US
    DDT - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Seriously...how the hell do you argue with someone who says DDT is as safe as baby powder?
    Acute toxicity

DDT is classified as "moderately toxic" by the United States National Toxicology Program (NTP)[47] and "moderately hazardous" by the World Health Organization (WHO), based on the rat oral LD50 of 113 mg/kg.[48]

There is evidence from epidemiological studies (i.e. studies in human populations) that indicates that DDT causes cancers of the liver,[24][36] pancreas[24][36] and breast.[36] There is mixed evidence that it contributes to leukemia,[36] lymphoma[36][75] and testicular cancer.[24][36][76]
    DDT - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why don't you go and drink a bunch and give yourself some ball cancer so you don't pass on your STUPID to future generations.

9. uscitizen

uscitizen Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,807
    I tell them not to pollenate anything on your property.

NO bees = lots less food, especially the best food.

10. Edgetho

Edgetho Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,397
    High School, huh? You made it that far?? No wonder, with your more challenging studies in environmental claptrap that has been disproven time and again.

But fiction has always been easy reading --

THE DDT BAN TURNS 30 — Millions Dead of Malaria Because of Ban, More Deaths Likely

WHY WAS DDT BANNED?

The backlash against DDT came just two decades after its introduction. Claims that DDT was responsible for declines in populations of eagles and other birds of prey were popularized by Rachel Carson's polemic Silent Spring (1962). This hypothesis, like many others blaming DDT for adverse environmental effects, has not been borne out by subsequent studies, but it helped amplify a drumbeat of anti-chemical sentiment at a time when the modern environmental movement was beginning.

Ed:
    Libtards, guilty of genocides, murders, holodomors, holocausts and lie after lie after lie.

The sickness that is liberalism knows no bounds