Who Is The Best Guitar Player?

Overall - Eric Johnson
I still love ‘Cliffs of Dover’.
I read somewhere or heard from another
guitar player that one of the secrets of his 'signature tone'
is using 2 digital delays on low settings, so subtle you can't really tell.

And that's not cheating or unnatural....it's genius when it sounds good.
Alex Lifeson's older work had some brutally complex chord arpeggio's but as he used more and more effects his playing sort of went downhill.
Yeah, The Edge, from U2, is also known for his effects.

Yeah, The Edge, from U2, is also known for his effects.
1602816436162.png

They definitely gave CSNY and the Beach Boys a run for their money .

Sorry... :offtopic: But I have to...

When Steve Young wrote this song, Woodley Road (where the bridges were) was a county gravel road. I was a child in the 1950's, and I remember riding down Woodley Road. The bridges were wooden through the Catoma Creek swamp area. The bridges were higher than the road bed, so you went up and down going over the bridges. When the road was paved (don't remember when) and the wooden bridges were replaced, at least two of the wooden bridges were combined into one long concrete bridge (like #3 here?), or so I was told. You can count seven concrete bridges today, depending on where you start counting, and that's good. Another Montgomery story says Steve Young was riding on Woodley Road with two buddies, writer Wayne Greenhaw and attorney Jimmy Evans, when the song first came to mind. Wayne Greenhaw and Steve Young shared a house downtown for a while. Wayne Greenhaw is deceased now, and Jimmy Evans is a recluse somewhere. I'm glad you can still see moss on the trees in the swamp. Spanish Moss just grows where it grows. It does not die back annually. It's just there, year around. Woodley Road is still there, and you can see plenty of Spanish Moss from it.

i play guitar the way Elvis did

hit it, lean on it, dance with it, scream into it, screw it, caressing it, swinging it on my hips, and once in a while, actually even playing it!

Overall - Eric Johnson
I still love ‘Cliffs of Dover’.
I read somewhere or heard from another
guitar player that one of the secrets of his 'signature tone'
is using 2 digital delays on low settings, so subtle you can't really tell.

And that's not cheating or unnatural....it's genius when it sounds good.
Alex Lifeson's older work had some brutally complex chord arpeggio's but as he used more and more effects his playing sort of went downhill.

Actually, Eric Johnson reveals the secret to his tone on this video. Go to 6:15.

Nobody will ever surpass Jimy, he changed the electric guitar radically and forever.
Jimy Hendrix. And it's not even close.

Stevie Ray Vaughn was equal to, or better.
Stevie came long after Jimy. 'nuff said.

And surpassed him.

'Nuff said.
Nobody will ever surpass Jimy, he changed the electric guitar radically and forever.
thats just your opinion.....jimi would disagree with you....
I'm not disagreeing with him, but the electric guitar was well on it's way before Jimi came along.
1602856575034.png

And surpassed him.

'Nuff said.
No, it's a fact that Jimy changed the electric guitar in a big way and forever.

And surpassed him.

'Nuff said.
yea with a lot of distortion and feedback.....there are players from his time that could play much better then he could....

And surpassed him.

'Nuff said.
I'm not disagreeing with him, but the electric guitar was well on it's way before Jimi came along.
View attachment 402366
Jimy changed the electric guitar from a Chuck Berry style to the rock n roll guitar style we have today. I never said he invented the electric guitar playing.

And surpassed him.

'Nuff said.
yea with a lot of distortion and feedback.....there are players from his time that could play much better then he could....
Like who? :popcorn:

And surpassed him.

'Nuff said.
Like who? :popcorn:
the ones he talked about....Terry Kath,Billy Gibbons,Phil Keaggy,.....also Ritchie Blackmore,Jeff Beck.....its all an opinion isnt it?....

Forum List

Back