Who Is The Best Guitar Player?

"I think I shouldn't be rated as a guitarist! Rating guitarists is a stupid hobby. I'm a composer, and my instrument is the guitar. If you like the composition, fine. My technique as a guitar player is fair. There are plenty of people who play faster than I do, never hit a wrong note, and have a lovely sound. If you want to rate guitar players, go for them. But there isn't anybody else who'll take the chances that I will take with a composition onstage in front of an audience, and just go out there and have the nerve, the ultimate audacity to say, 'Okay, I don't know what I'm going to play, and you don't know what I'm going to play, and that makes us equal. So let's go-we'll have an adventure here.' That's what I do. There's no way to rate that. You either like that kind of entertainment or you don't. I'd rather have the ups and downs than the assuredness that I was going to go out there and amaze everybody with technique. I want to hear some music, and the challenge for me is writing an instant composition while I'm playing. That's what I do. I Must say, in all fairness, that without being rated, I know there are people out there who love what I do on guitar." -- Frank Zappa

71aoHN4Fg4L._SL1400_.jpg

I'm the best guitar player that I hear play every day.
Currently tuned down a half step in Ain't talkin bout Love mode
(without the phaser )

Truthfully, I'm a late bloomer, giving myself a crash course on
all the practicing I should have done years ago instead of just noodling around.
Anyway, it's hard to play well. All you can do is practice, practice, and have fun doing it. If it ain't fun, you should be jet-skiing or something else.

Anyway, there is no 'best' ....there are game-changers, like Hendrix and Eddie (rip), Al Dimeola, Larry Carlton and this guy.....

To name a few.

Last edited:
Obviously it is Robert Johnson.

Hell, there would be no Rock and Roll without that blues guitarist. All other blues musicians, and then Elvis copied.

No one today really plays or cares for his stuff, but when you compare what he did to his contemporaries back then? No comparison.

He is the one, that one legend, "sold his sold to the devil for guitar skills," that all the others whisper tales about.

We all owe our favorites to that.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back