Who Is The Best Guitar Player?

Jimi in 1961 the year I was born.
1602858939679.png

Jimy Hendrix. And it's not even close.

Stevie Ray Vaughn was equal to, or better.
Stevie came long after Jimy. 'nuff said.

And surpassed him.

'Nuff said.
Nobody will ever surpass Jimy, he changed the electric guitar radically and forever.
thats just your opinion.....jimi would disagree with you....
No, it's a fact that Jimy changed the electric guitar in a big way and forever.
yea with a lot of distortion and feedback.....there are players from his time that could play much better then he could....
Like who? :popcorn:
the ones he talked about....Terry Kath,Billy Gibbons,Phil Keaggy,.....also Ritchie Blackmore,Jeff Beck.....its all an opinion isnt it?....
They all came after Jimi had re-established what rock guitar would be like for the next 60 years and counting.

in my long and varied travels I’ve seen it confirmed time and time again: Jersey boys are superior.
Jersey boys huh ?:)
I miss it there sometimes- mostly the Cape May- Wildwood area where we used to vacation sometimes after visiting my grandparents in eastern Pa. Beautiful beaches and not too crowded. ( not in the 60's and 70's anyway)
Yes. I'm a Jersey boy and I'm clearly superior to any of the wingnuts on this site.
But Left Wingers say everyone is equal and if you disagree you are a Supremacist

And surpassed him.

'Nuff said.
Nobody will ever surpass Jimy, he changed the electric guitar radically and forever.
yea with a lot of distortion and feedback.....there are players from his time that could play much better then he could....
the ones he talked about....Terry Kath,Billy Gibbons,Phil Keaggy,.....also Ritchie Blackmore,Jeff Beck.....its all an opinion isnt it?....
They all came after Jimi had re-established what rock guitar would be like for the next 60 years and counting.
that doesnt take away what i said how these guys were better players than jimi.....and 60 years?....who plays in this century with lots of feedback like jimi did?...who actually does great guitar solos anymore?...

And surpassed him.

'Nuff said.
that doesnt take away what i said how these guys were better players than jimi.....and 60 years?....who plays in this century with lots of feedback like jimi did?...who actually does great guitar solos anymore?...
The feedback thing was only a small part of what he did. His playing changed rock guitar forever.

And surpassed him.

'Nuff said.
The feedback thing was only a small part of what he did. His playing changed rock guitar forever.
a small part,if you say so......and yet rock guitar as well as rock has seemed to die out to a great extent...

So can any HS music teacher.It's all scaling and vibrato
I've never known anyone to play with a scalloped fretboard
except for Yngwie & Billy Sheehan on his bass.
View attachment 402050

This guy plays with a scalloped fretboard and in my opinion is one of the greatest ever.

I don't think I could deal with a scalloped fretboard and I don't see any advantage at all to one. It would be way too easy to bend notes sharp playing lead parts and there's no way to chord or play rhythm parts with one. It's one of those things I look at and wonder why in hell it even exists. Heck you can't even do slides so why bother?

Forum List

Back