Who is responsible for YOU?

Ed Schultz yesterday was trying to explain it to a right winger who called in to his radio show. He said, "we're both in a canoe, the rapids are approaching, you know how to swim and I don't, i should have wore a lifejacket, are you just going to let me die or are you going to save me"

And the conservative said he would let you drown. Nice!!!:clap2:

Problem is the guy that can't swim keeps getting in the canoe, keeps paddling toward the rapids, knowing he can't swim, doesn't wear his life jacket everytime and keeps expecting someone to keep him from drowning everytime. After this cycle happens about fifty times or so, he's gonna drown and it's no one else's fault but his own. But i'm guessing a classy guy like Ed Schultz hung up on the conservative caller before he could make a point similar to that........ :eusa_whistle:

The canoe represents life in our society, dingleberry. should poor people just go ahead and kill themselves so your favored class can make sure to get paired with only people who can afford a fucking floating device?

What is your religious affiliation? Curious?

I understood the post completely, i saw nothing about being able to afford a life jacket, it simply said he didn't have one, dingleberry.

Religious affiliation ?

Why do you wanna know ? Because you think you can make some retarded point when you really don't know shit about me ? :lol:

Edit:

Fuck it, i'll play along. I'm technically a Methodist, but 51 Sundays out of 52 per year you won't see me anywhere near a church, church activity, religious group, etc .....

Does that clear anything up ?

Last edited:
Bern doesn't get it. He acts like he made it to where he is completely on his own.

No I don't.

He may have had great parents. The government helps people who don't have great parents.

Yes I do have great parents and they do help me a lot. the difference between us I am grateful for that help and understand that they are under no obligation what so ever to help me.

He may have been born rich. The government helps people who were not born rich.

Middle class

The schools in poor areas are inferior to schools in Bern's neighborhood

So right there alone, Bern has proven that he doesn't appreciate or even acknowlege that government has helped him.

Of course I do. What YOU don't acknowledge is that simply taking up space in a classroom does not improve my intelligence. Simply funding schools is not what makes people smart. If I send you a check for $100 that check will not have made you any smarter than you were before you got the check. Unwittingly of course you have identified the line where government responsibility and personal responsiblity is. yes government provides and funds teachers and classrooms. Only I can choose to learn the material being taught. yes people are referred and hired for jobs and the recommendation of freinds, but only I can KEEP that job.

Or was Bern born in the woods, self educated himself, worked minimum wage and saved up to start his own business, without any loans.

And if he did get a loan, it was probably Freddy or Fanny, so now these rich arrogant pricks want to blame Freddy/Fanny for giving poor people loans?

I have to go get lunch. I'm going to think about that one.

I don't need to do the rest line by line because there is a theme here which (and this is bordering on the ridiculous now) of course is laced with unsubstatiaed assumption about one's background for the purpose of making your argument look good.

Last edited:
:lol:

yea, it's pretty clear that I am spot on about the irony of self identified christians refusing to be their brother's keepers.

And, if thats how deep you fathom allegories then I'm going to need to you get is someone else's boat for the next 4 years.

Shogun, it's obvious you know nothing about Christianity, which is sad. I find it funny that the non-Christians claim know more about Christianity than Christians...

By the way you may want to look into how much Christians give to charity... You obviously have no clue...

It's because much of the time; non-Christians do know more about Christianity then Christians. Just because you go to church doesn't make you the all knowing about Christianity.

And this is coming from somebody who is a Christian. Charity has nothing to do with knowledge of the church.

Besides, just because Christians give to charity doesn't mean you do. What is the church suppose to be? Something that gives to charity and that you attend so therefore it's alright if you don't give to charity? :confused:

It sounds like you are in the wrong church and are surrounded by people who pretend to be Christians... I'm sorry to hear that.

It sounds like you are in the wrong church and are surrounded by people who pretend to be Christians... I'm sorry to hear that.

No, sounds like I read the posts of Christians on here. Just the other day I ran into one who says Christianity doesn't follow the OT. :cuckoo:

:lol:

yea, it's pretty clear that I am spot on about the irony of self identified christians refusing to be their brother's keepers.

And, if thats how deep you fathom allegories then I'm going to need to you get is someone else's boat for the next 4 years.

Ehh, i've been in some shitty boats and have worked my way out of them and have helped a lot of others along the way.

If i catch you trying to twist my words again, i'll sick DavidS on you .... :eek:

what is ironic as fuck about this thread is that I'd bet money, marbles and chalk that the very people who are crying about total self reliance also claim to be christians. Clearly, they are not their brother's keeper.

Shogun, it's obvious you know nothing about Christianity, which is sad. I find it funny that the non-Christians claim know more about Christianity than Christians...

By the way you may want to look into how much Christians give to charity... You obviously have no clue...

Well, I'll tell you what, motherfucker... Let's trade scripture and see exactly who knows what.

what is ironic as fuck about this thread is that I'd bet money, marbles and chalk that the very people who are crying about total self reliance also claim to be christians. Clearly, they are not their brother's keeper.

Ed Schultz yesterday was trying to explain it to a right winger who called in to his radio show. He said, "we're both in a canoe, the rapids are approaching, you know how to swim and I don't, i should have wore a lifejacket, are you just going to let me die or are you going to save me"

Problem is the guy that can't swim keeps getting in the canoe, keeps paddling toward the rapids, knowing he can't swim, doesn't wear his life jacket everytime and keeps expecting someone to keep him from drowning everytime. After this cycle happens about fifty times or so, he's gonna drown and it's no one else's fault but his own. But i'm guessing a classy guy like Ed Schultz hung up on the conservative caller before he could make a point similar to that........ :eusa_whistle:

At least Ed Schultz is taking conservative callers.

And no, before Bushanomics, only a small number of people ever needed to be bailed out. You act like Americans caused this crisis. Sorry they lost their jobs and can't find new jobs that pay enough. Lucky for you it hasn't happened to you.

And thank god we live in a society where we realize that we are all in this together.

And the only people that benefitted from the last 8 years are the rich powerful corporations. And they got bailed out, even though they caused this mess.

So if anyone should get bailed out, it is the homeowners who were set up by predatory lending allowed because of deregulations. And caused by jobs going overseas. And caused by lowering the value of labor by hiring illegals. Are you starting to see how it is all connected? Can I give you a I TOLD YOU SO?

Sorry you were responsible, put 20% down, paid every payment, etc. Sorry you were responsible. But this homeowner plan will help you too. It will stop your home value from going down any further.

And did you read my UBS story? Where thousands of rich Americans are avoiding American taxes by putting their money in Switzerland? No wonder we can't pay our bills.

By the way, has anyone heard a liberal answer this question yet....LOL

I answered it, sport

And since you couldn't handle the fact that I did, you went back and changed it from something silly to something preposterous.

Wanna try again?

Thanks, Bern, but your economic opinions have not produced the sweet fruit you promise thus far so you'll have to forgive the rest of us for not accepting our fate in your little economic hara kiri.

What did I promise it would do?

uh, benefit the nation as an ecomomic system? HELLO. BERN, ARE YOU IN THERE?

And the fact that we have the most prosperous nation in the world is somehow calling that into doubt for you? That despite your comlpaints, most americans have standard of living higher than anywhere in the world?

Last edited:
And the fact that we have the most prosperous nation in the world is somehow calling that into doubt for you?

Since when is being over 10 trillion dollars in debt prosperous?

Your Ronny added a trillion to that debt by the way not including inflation in his time in office. Never mind the damage that Dubya wrecked. Only one who's had a surplus in the longest time was Clinton.

And the fact that we have the most prosperous nation in the world is somehow calling that into doubt for you?

COMPARED TO FUCKING NIGERIA, BERN? We didn't get to that point by outsourcing fucking labor to china. The Greatest Generation, BERN, wasn't a fucking bunch of wal mart checkout wage slaves.

oh gosh, you really outdo yourself sometimes.

And no, before Bushanomics, only a small number of people ever needed to be bailed out. You act like Americans caused this crisis. Sorry they lost their jobs and can't find new jobs that pay enough. Lucky for you it hasn't happened to you.

And thank god we live in a society where we realize that we are all in this together.

And the only people that benefitted from the last 8 years are the rich powerful corporations. And they got bailed out, even though they caused this mess.

So if anyone should get bailed out, it is the homeowners who were set up by predatory lending allowed because of deregulations. And caused by jobs going overseas. And caused by lowering the value of labor by hiring illegals. Are you starting to see how it is all connected? Can I give you a I TOLD YOU SO?

Sorry you were responsible, put 20% down, paid every payment, etc. Sorry you were responsible. But this homeowner plan will help you too. It will stop your home value from going down any further.

And did you read my UBS story? Where thousands of rich Americans are avoiding American taxes by putting their money in Switzerland? No wonder we can't pay our bills.

You had some validity in this post that got lost in the rhetoric. I hate the term "predatory lending". There are assholes in every aspect of life that try to take advantage of you. You just have to know when they're trying to do so. I've been through the home buying process four times, every time they "pre-qualify" me for a higher amount than i could really afford. Yet i refrained from going for that higher amount and stayed within my means. The asshole loan officers don't care if you can afford it or not, they just want you to take the larger loan for THEIR benefit.

As far as the rich not paying taxes, i'm 100% with you there. What burns me up an extra degree is that hypocrite dems, whose whole philosophy is they want us to pay higher taxes are some of the biggest offenders. :eek:

COMPARED TO FUCKING NIGERIA, BERN? We didn't get to that point by outsourcing fucking labor to china. The Greatest Generation, BERN, wasn't a fucking bunch of wal mart checkout wage slaves.

oh gosh, you really outdo yourself sometimes.

Actually, Nigeria's external debt is $3.3 billion.

And their unemployment rate as of 2005 is 2.9%.

So in reality, Nigeria is doing better then us. :eusa_whistle:

Have or Had. Because we were warning you that we were losing that position in the world and you said we were worry warts. Now it is your side that is screaming doom and gloom and you are suggesting that it is Democratic policies that are doing it. Now, how do you get to flip flop like this in just a couple months?

You didn't worry about the debt, now you are. You didn't care about spending, now you do. You didn't care about illegals, you argued they were only doing jobs Americans won't do, and now you cry about everify being stripped from the bill.

You guys lied about ACORN getting billions in the bill too.

We warned you about going from the largest creditor nation to the largest debtor nation in the world and you couldn't stop talking about the cheep goods we were going to get from China. Now you guys want to blame the Democrats?

So far the Dems have done better in 1 month than the GOP did in 8 years. For real.

Remember McCain even tried to sell us on, "We are better off now than we were 8 years ago".

Remember that shit???

You had some validity in this post that got lost in the rhetoric. I hate the term "predatory lending". There are assholes in every aspect of life that try to take advantage of you. You just have to know when they're trying to do so. I've been through the home buying process four times, every time they "pre-qualify" me for a higher amount than i could really afford. Yet i refrained from going for that higher amount and stayed within my means. The asshole loan officers don't care if you can afford it or not, they just want you to take the larger loan for THEIR benefit.

As far as the rich not paying taxes, i'm 100% with you there. What burns me up an extra degree is that hypocrite dems, whose whole philosophy is they want us to pay higher taxes are some of the biggest offenders.
:eek:

Should hypocritical politicians smear the points? How many dick sucking conservatives have we ever seen preach about morals? I assure you, hypocrite dems are no quicker to take advantage of tax loopholes than republicans.

As far as the rich not paying taxes, i'm 100% with you there. What burns me up an extra degree is that hypocrite dems, whose whole philosophy is they want us to pay higher taxes are some of the biggest offenders. :eek:

I doubt that. I heard that the richest 20 families in America have paid the politicians millions of dollars trying to get the death tax done away with.

I don't think you understand how big Bush's tax breaks are to the top 1%. Every year they get bigger and bigger.

What'd Daschel owe, $100K? What did that other person owe, $1000? Wow! BFD.

And remember, it is the Federal Reserve/IRS/Banks that want the GOP to win, so amazing how quickly the so called Liberal Media was in finding out that these democrats owed some back taxes.

Imagine if they would tell on guys like Ted Stevens, Jon Boehner, John McCain, Jeb Bush, Rove, Chaney....

PS. Speaking of Chaney, did you know Haloburton moved their HQ to Dubai?

Some of the worse things that happen in Washington are actually legal.

Forum List

Back