White House claims borrowing 16 trillion over the next 10 years is fiscally responsible

Add new 0.2% financial transaction tax +$150b (this tax works in the EU)

Which countries does it work in? How much does it raise? Link?
Read the wiki article below first.

Nice, that should spike inflation even further.
The dollar will collapse, and with it the Federal Budget. (SS, Medicare, Welfare, Medicaid, Defense, everything...)

As the Joint Chiefs told us, the Federal Debt is the biggest threat facing the US and Congress and the Presidents ignore it.

Last edited:
Read the wiki article below first.

Thanks for the links. Looking at the CEPR article, it mostly shows EU countries with no FTT.
So which ones does it actually work for and how much do they actually raise?

Thanks for the links. Looking at the CEPR article, it mostly shows EU countries with no FTT.
So which ones does it actually work for and how much do they actually raise?

1. From the wiki article, France gets 0.3% on financial transactions

France​

On 1 August 2012, France introduced a financial transaction tax in French tax regulation pursuant to Article 5 of the French Amended Finance Bill of 14 March 2012. Two other taxes applicable to financial transactions were also introduced, including a tax on high-frequency trading, (Article 235 ter ZD bis of the FTC); and a tax on naked sovereign credit default swaps (Article 235 ter ZD ter of the FTC). The FTT levies a 0.2% tax on stock purchases of French publicly traded companies with a market value over €1 billion. The scheme does not include debt securities, except convertible and exchangeable bonds, which are included but benefit from a dedicated exemption to the FTT.[49] According to French president Francois Hollande the tax will generate €170 million in additional revenue for 2012 and another €500 million in 2013.[50] France is the first European country to impose a transaction tax on share purchases.[51] From 2 January 2017 settlement date the rate increased to 0.3%.[52]

2. According to the Federal Reserve the US gets about $5T a year in financial transactions,so a 3% FTT would raise $150b a year
see page 9, I'm estimating $5T annually as a reasonable number of US financial transaction value. That could be seriously undervalued based on multiple buys & sells in a year.
Bottom line: adjust the rate to get the desired income.

Every President thinks as long as the big collapse doesn’t happen under me... I’m safe

I thought we needed to spend so much because of the pandemic, which has been over for years.

Over $7 TRILLION?

The collapse is coming. Nikki Haley had the best Budget ideas. We really do need an ACCOUNTANT in the WH.

Republicans need to get the Budget back to a $4.xT ASAP.

Biden's 2024 Budget ~is $7.30T withe a $2.0T deficit
Biden's 2023 Budget was $6.13T with a $1.7T deficit
Biden's 2022 Budget was $6.27T with a $1.4T deficit
Biden's 2021 Budget was $6.82T with a $2.8T deficit
Trump's 2020 Budget was $6.55T with a $3.1T deficit
Trump's 2019 Budget was $6.55T with a $3.1T deficit
Trump's 2018 Budget was $4.10T with a $0.8T deficit
Trump's 2017 Budget was $4.00T with a $0.5T deficit
Looks like Tater lied all those times he claimed he cut the debt.

Every President thinks as long as the big collapse doesn’t happen under me... I’m safe

Put Congress and POTUS in top loss position and you will end the deficit tonight

They have been history’s greatest abusers of “private gains, public losses” and that needs to stop

1. From the wiki article, France gets 0.3% on financial transactions

France​

On 1 August 2012, France introduced a financial transaction tax in French tax regulation pursuant to Article 5 of the French Amended Finance Bill of 14 March 2012. Two other taxes applicable to financial transactions were also introduced, including a tax on high-frequency trading, (Article 235 ter ZD bis of the FTC); and a tax on naked sovereign credit default swaps (Article 235 ter ZD ter of the FTC). The FTT levies a 0.2% tax on stock purchases of French publicly traded companies with a market value over €1 billion. The scheme does not include debt securities, except convertible and exchangeable bonds, which are included but benefit from a dedicated exemption to the FTT.[49] According to French president Francois Hollande the tax will generate €170 million in additional revenue for 2012 and another €500 million in 2013.[50] France is the first European country to impose a transaction tax on share purchases.[51] From 2 January 2017 settlement date the rate increased to 0.3%.[52]

2. According to the Federal Reserve the US gets about $5T a year in financial transactions,so a 3% FTT would raise $150b a year
see page 9, I'm estimating $5T annually as a reasonable number of US financial transaction value. That could be seriously undervalued based on multiple buys & sells in a year.
Bottom line: adjust the rate to get the desired income.

Thanks for the link.

On 1 August 2012, France introduced a financial transaction tax in French tax regulation pursuant to Article 5 of the French Amended Finance Bill of 14 March 2012. Two other taxes applicable to financial transactions were also introduced, including a tax on high-frequency trading, (Article 235 ter ZD bis of the FTC); and a tax on naked sovereign credit default swaps (Article 235 ter ZD ter of the FTC). The FTT levies a 0.2% tax on stock purchases of French publicly traded companies with a market value over €1 billion. The scheme does not include debt securities, except convertible and exchangeable bonds, which are included but benefit from a dedicated exemption to the FTT.[49] According to French president Francois Hollande the tax will generate €170 million in additional revenue for 2012 and another €500 million in 2013.[50]

Those are projections. Estimates. Hopes. Any actual numbers for revenue collected?

see page 9,

I don't see what you're claiming.
1710436167177.png

If you think people wouldn't react negatively to a 3% tax of every transaction, you
don't understand how these transactions work. 99.9% of those transactions would immediately move to another country or simply cease. It would end up reducing tax receipts.

Forum List

Back