Who is a foreigner here?

I put up the Foreigner Rock Group singing cold as ice and he has to bully people around as typical of a scumbag liberal.

What the fuck this thread has to do with liberals? :banana:

Excellent use of the phrase "what the fuck". :thup: Would love to know the corresponding phrase in Russian. Actually a Ukrainian co-worker taught me some phrases in Russian but if I posted them here I'd be banned. ;)

To be completely refined though, your syntax would be, "what the fuck does this post have to do with liberals?" for the question form. Again, already understood, but a fine tuning. :)

By the way, the English word order gives some difficulties for Russians. It should be probably 'what has this thread to do...'?

Yes, excellent observation.

Further refinement:

"What has this thread to do" would be more a British (or archaic USian) use, whereas
"What has this thread got to do" would be more colloquial USian.*

Neither one will identify you as Russian, but the first might identify you as not-USian.

We use the redundant "got" a lot. Really not necessary.
Also the past participle gotten --- doesn't exist in British English.

*You can say "does this have to do" or "has this got to do" --- either way.

Would love to know the corresponding phrase in Russian.

In Russian or in a literal translation into English? :)

Both! :lol:

Do you know Cyrillic letters?
I fear it would be a bad example for Sbyker and Stratford :) They will start to write in Russian here as they did once or twice :)

OK well never mind then. I still have nice guttural phrases in Arabic and Dutch I can use. :thup:

I bet Oosie will give me some choice Österreichischen colloquialisms upon request too. :slap:

I fear it would be a bad example for Sbyker and Stratford :) They will start to write in Russian here as they did once or twice :)

OK well never mind then. I still have nice guttural phrases in Arabic and Dutch I can use. :thup:

I bet Oosie will give me some choice Österreichischen colloquialisms upon request too. :alirulz:

Never mind Sbiker and Stradford? :) It's impossible. Maybe I will pm it? :)

I bet Oosie will give me some choice Österreichischen colloquialisms upon request too. :poke:

Never mind Sbiker and Stradford? :) It's impossible. Maybe I will pm it? :)

Can you do a phonetic transliteration?

I'm not a foreigner but I was born in Argentina and Hungarian was my first language (I posted this elsewhere) but if you're talking 4 letter curse words, you should hear Hungarians ...very imaginative when it comes to swearing, lol.

Also a perfectly nice and legit word in Hungarian is puszi...means "kiss". :)

IMG_0635.jpg

Just in case you think I'm kidding.

Yes, my mother tongue....didn't learn English until kindergarten, they actually thought there was something wrong with me since I didn't say a word at first. They sent someone out to the house to talk to my mother who probably knew even less English at the time. :)

I learned quickly though as most kids do. It's really amazing how a child learning a language will have little or no accent but an adult always has an accent.

Yes, my mother tongue....didn't learn English until kindergarten, they actually thought there was something wrong with me since I didn't say a word at first. They sent someone out to the house to talk to my mother who probably knew even less English at the time. :)

I learned quickly though as most kids do. It's really amazing how a child learning a language will have little or no accent but an adult always has an accent.

My mother deliberately worked to erase her accent, for whatever reason, after she got married. We could catch it with an occasional single word but we had to be sharp listeners :lol:

That was a regional accent of the same language though. Mom was a farm girl from the deep South.

Forum List

Back