Who is a foreigner here?

Your English is not bad at all. :thup:
The same cannot be said for many of the natives here.

But if you have questions I'm here to help. :)

Well, I mean not from the US and with problems with English like me :)

there are people born in the USA who do not do as well as you do

True. For example we capitalize the beginning of a sentence and put a period at the end. :D

---you left out the comma after the phrase "for example"----

Haha, very good. See, you can do it if you want. But a comma there is optional. :)

I've noted many times, anybody who thinks politics generates the most intense arguments, has never attended a newspaper copy editor meeting. :meow:

Many that aren't jwon't admit they aren't US citizens, because they want to believe we are fooled.

We would be interested in trading freedom-loving Russian people for our Democrats. It seems both would benefit from making such a move.

Perhaps you could arrange it?

What is good about English is its punctuation. In Russian we have thousand idiotic rules which are learned for years...

And we have those who abuse punctuation here. Irosie for one example uses no punctuation at all. Then there's 2aguy who ends every phrase with an ellipsis (...). One can never tell if he's finished his thought, but judging from the content, he never has. :eusa_shifty:

The one aspect of a Russian speaker that stands out for our eyes is the use of articles. I believe Russian doesn't have them but when they're not used in English we notice (above: "we have thousand idiotic rules" would be "we have a thousand idiotic rules"). It doesn't prevent understanding but it does get noticed. Hope that helps. :)

I'll tell you one foreigner here whose English is perfect is Lucy Hamilton :thup:

OK, it seems that theres only two foreigners here - me and Esthermoon :)

esthermoon -- her English is also perfect.

There are several other foreigners I know of. Canadians, Brits, a New Zealander or two... there's also Dalia whose English is a little off but comprehensible. Some years ago there was a Finnish reporter, haven't seen him for a long time.

Forum List

Back