Who hears this voice?

Narrow Gate

Rookie
Jan 16, 2017
New Hampshire
Hello everyone out there. I have just joined your web site. I am a conservative senior citizen concerned with our world today but no one listens. I am surrounded by PC liberals and feel frustrated. My first comment, in the form of a question, is - who tunes in to this forum? Are you all conservatives, so that I will be speaking only to people who agree with most of what I have to say, or are there liberals who regularly join in discussions? I am new at this and, might add, an older person who is technically challenged. I do not twitter, tweet or do any of those other "Letter" options available. I am the only person in the entire free world who still does not own a cell phone. But I love my country and thank God every day that I was born an American. I look forward to hearing from some of you. When I am finally comfortable with the newness of this, I will post what truly drove me to seek out a suitable sight for free speech.

Hello everyone out there. I have just joined your web site. I am a conservative senior citizen concerned with our world today but no one listens. I am surrounded by PC liberals and feel frustrated. My first comment, in the form of a question, is - who tunes in to this forum? Are you all conservatives, so that I will be speaking only to people who agree with most of what I have to say, or are there liberals who regularly join in discussions? I am new at this and, might add, an older person who is technically challenged. I do not twitter, tweet or do any of those other "Letter" options available. I am the only person in the entire free world who still does not own a cell phone. But I love my country and thank God every day that I was born an American. I look forward to hearing from some of you. When I am finally comfortable with the newness of this, I will post what truly drove me to seek out a suitable sight for free speech.

you must not be capable of defending your "ideas" if you only talk to people who don't call you on nonsense.

you must not be capable of defending your "ideas" if you only talk to people who don't call you on nonsense.
Thank you for responding so quickly. I'm not sure I understand your answer and clarify my post. I WANT this site to be viewed by everyone, not just conservatives or how else can we begin to narrow the divide between us?

Everyone's here, left, right, and center. Some are nice, most are tolerable, some are just batshit crazy and should be avoided.

You might want to post in the Clean Debate Zone and the Lounge until you get a feel for the place.

Welcome, Narrow. You'll find this is not a particularly friendly or open-minded place, but there are some who are willing to have a normal conversation with you, whether they agree with you or not. It's more pleasant if you just focus on them and not those who go immediately to attacks, personal insults and name-calling.

if you start right out of the 'gate' with the phrase 'pc liberals' you are showing just how much you truly want a good back & forth dialogue. lol...welcome aboard anyway.

maybe cause you are pissed at them? i have no clue why people stay pissed at political issues......but when you have time i will tell you about my son who did not vote in the last election for the first time in his life....cause he didnt think trump would win...that has just been a hard thing to discuss with my son....he tends to be more conservative than i am....he supports all constitutional adm...but seems really fond of the 2nd adm.....to the point of having a pistol on during winter solstice dinner.....i ask him if he thought we were gonna rush him or what....that brought on a rant....

if you start right out of the 'gate' with the phrase 'pc liberals' you are showing just how much you truly want a good back & forth dialogue. lol...welcome aboard anyway.
I've reread your comment and I think I misunderstood at first. Is "pc liberal" offensive to say? Would really like to know although I believe I have the answer. We are all "pc" in some way?

maybe cause you are pissed at them? i have no clue why people stay pissed at political issues......but when you have time i will tell you about my son who did not vote in the last election for the first time in his life....cause he didnt think trump would win...that has just been a hard thing to discuss with my son....he tends to be more conservative than i am....he supports all constitutional adm...but seems really fond of the 2nd adm.....to the point of having a pistol on during winter solstice dinner.....i ask him if he thought we were gonna rush him or what....that brought on a rant....
No, I'm never pissed at any of my loved ones; I am simply trying to understand how they perceive things. And yet you have a conservative son as described. Hmmm, methinks this forum is going to open this granny's eyes a wee!

be forewarned i am a total liberal but at this point i am beyond giving a fuck
Thank you for your honest and colorful reply. All of my children and grandchildren are liberals so maybe at some point you could help me understand why they are always so p.....d at me?

If you haven't noticed, Liberals tend to be "always right" in their own mind, even to the point that some in the psychiatric field has suggested that the extreme Liberal ideology is a form of mental illness. Just look at the intensity of those on the left to refuse the authenticity of our incoming president and calling for a complete disruption to the process of transition.

Their fervor has gone beyond the norm of objectivity and a peaceful nation coming to terms with a president of a different party. Just smile and tell your family, you choose to be a patriot and wish the newly elected president great success, just as you would a newly elected president from the Democratic party. Your focus is a peaceful, prosperous America.

I've reread your comment and I think I misunderstood at first. Is "pc liberal" offensive to say? Would really like to know although I believe I have the answer. We are all "pc" in some way?

of course it isn't offensive. but it showed obvious bias by using a right wing phrase without provocation...

We have a lot in common, except our politics. Welcome! We'll be arguing soon, I imagine.

I still can't hear your voice, in fact I can't hear any voices on this site...It doesn't speak,,,,but howdy anywho...

No, I'm never pissed at any of my loved ones; I am simply trying to understand how they perceive things. And yet you have a conservative son as described. Hmmm, methinks this forum is going to open this granny's eyes a wee!
Oh, brother, you've got a lot to learn about bones....

Something I shall look forward to with alacrity not trepidation.

Something I shall look forward to with alacrity not trepidation.
You have a sensible approach, Narrow. You are not passing judgment, but asking for a dialogue with those of a different political view. I am looking forward to an active dialogue without judgments from the Liberal side. Perhaps. then I too, can understand their POV.

Forum List

Back