Who Has Aircraft Carriers?

Not sure where you get your info but its wrong.
2015 Aircraft Carrier Strength by Country

Wow... so the US has 20 (more than the rest of the world combined). And our most prominent potential enemies, Russian and China have one each.

And we were run out of the ME by a bunch of camels.

Exactly. Military supremacy is an inherently limited kind of power. We could have 100 times our currently military power and it would still be about the same.

***Must downplay terrorism*** at every turn. Nothing to see.

Hmmm... what effects do you suppose amplifying terrorism has?

I don't see a purpose in downplaying it. It is happening. Everyone should be aware. However, the perceived fear should be sent back to the terrorists at least a hundred fold.

C'mon now......do you actually fear for your life every time you go to the corner convenient market? Just when was your last encounter with a suicide bomber?

I've not had a serious accident in many years, I still wear a seat belt.

This is a
We have 12 and the United Kingdom has 3. No other country has more than 1:

USS_Nimitz_in_Victoria_Canada_036.jpg

And the US navy is just launching the newest one which costs 13 billion dollars.

Ridiculous. The military-industrial-complex is a welfare make work program.

It is funny watch the far left narrative on this one as they hold FDR as God!

Somebody mention FDR? Anybody argue that the m-i-c isn't a boondoggle?
Just trying to get the numbers right and the OP wasn't that far off.

FDR created the military industrial complex that the far left drones rail against!
They only want it on union labor. They love the idea of bombing to say they tried.

Wow... so the US has 20 (more than the rest of the world combined). And our most prominent potential enemies, Russian and China have one each.

Exactly. Military supremacy is an inherently limited kind of power. We could have 100 times our currently military power and it would still be about the same.
This is under politically correct deployment only.

Did you check out your link? It includes helicopter platforms. India actually has 2 active aircraft carriers, one is a WWll British antique, one was purchased from a broke soviet union. No other nation has more than one active carrier capable of jets. Britain actually has none in service, a couple in the yards under construction.

What they don't have attack helicopters and aren't they aircraft?

I'm sure it started off as a discussion about traditional aircraft carriers capable of carrying CAP fighters, air superiority fighters, fighter bombers etc.

Actually that is debatable, since the OP didn't provide a link for his source material and used a generic term in the title.

***Must downplay terrorism*** at every turn. Nothing to see.

Hmmm... what effects do you suppose amplifying terrorism has?

I don't see a purpose in downplaying it. It is happening. Everyone should be aware. However, the perceived fear should be sent back to the terrorists at least a hundred fold.

C'mon now......do you actually fear for your life every time you go to the corner convenient market? Just when was your last encounter with a suicide bomber?

Nope, not at all.

Did you check out your link? It includes helicopter platforms. India actually has 2 active aircraft carriers, one is a WWll British antique, one was purchased from a broke soviet union. No other nation has more than one active carrier capable of jets. Britain actually has none in service, a couple in the yards under construction.

I'm sure it started off as a discussion about traditional aircraft carriers capable of carrying CAP fighters, air superiority fighters, fighter bombers etc.

An Aircraft Carrier carries anything that flies!!!!!

That means that just about every modern warship can be classified as an aircraft carrier. Even the smallest frigates provide for helicopters or SLTO craft such as the Osprey.

Carriers were key to the 20th century Navy strategy to take the fight to the enemy in big ocean wars. Those days are gone but the Admirals apparently still live in the last century and politicians are afraid to stop funding the toys for big boys.

An Aircraft Carrier carries anything that flies!!!!!

That means that just about every modern warship can be classified as an aircraft carrier. Even the smallest frigates provide for helicopters or SLTO craft such as the Osprey.

I'm not going to argue, like I said I thought the discussion was Fighter capable carriers, can't see it's worth discussing otherwise. Maybe DarkFury will let us know what he meant, any old tub that can carry a helicopter or the real deal. If it's the former I'll have to count up how many "aircraft carriers" Canada has.

Are you actually "worried?"

People make my arse crave lime juice when they live in the country in the world where a normal citizen can feel safe and secure and talk about worry or concern for security. It's a goddam joke!

That bullshit the Bush bunch came up with about "Either Fight Them There Or Fight Them Here" is such a fake bunch of shit it embarrasses me to even live in the same country with them. What the fuck is that bunch of Nomads gonna do.....make a wooden boat and paddle over?

You started this thread based on lies, yet lack the normal human response to be ashamed of getting caught in your absurd lies.

Yep, democrats are sociopaths with no redeeming qualities.

Smart people wanted out, all we got was 170k casualties and being the Great Satan.
NOW: Saudi Arabia announces 34-state Islamic military alliance against terrorism

While we're at it...

Who'll win in a fight with no joint support?

Mexican Navy or United States Coast Guard.

Cuban Military or Greater Miami Police and Sheriff's departments.

It is funny watch the far left narrative on this one as they hold FDR as God!

Somebody mention FDR? Anybody argue that the m-i-c isn't a boondoggle?
Just trying to get the numbers right and the OP wasn't that far off.

FDR created the military industrial complex that the far left drones rail against!

In case you didn't notice Dwight Eisenhower warned us about the military/industrial complex in 1960. That's when we had a chance to cut off all that extra military spending. Did you read the story about a tank factory in Ohio building 3000 state-of-the-art tanks that the military didn't need and wouldn't accept?

Here's another little story for you:

Pentagon Tells Congress to Stop Buying Equipment it Doesn't Need | Military.com

Pentagon Tells Congress to Stop Buying Equipment it Doesn't Need

This is what the Military Industrial Complex has become, a make-work welfare program for members of Congress to dump hundreds of billions of dollars into in their own states.

It is welfare to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars, forcing the tax payers to pay it, all at the hands of the Republicans.

They are in fact the welfare queens of the nation.
So your problem seems to be the term "work", right??? As in actually EARNING a paycheck through your labor???

As opposed to "free shit" that the Democrats get by expending just enough effort to show up the welfare office???

(And BTW, a lot of Democrats in Congress vote for those military contracts when they benefit their own districts or states)...

My problem is half of the military budget is a welfare program, just like the welfare that the red states get from the blue states. Conservatives don't like to work. You like to whine about other people but your states take the most from the federal government. Rather than bitch about everyone else why don't you people get jobs and stop asking the blue states to carry you through life.

The size of our military is ludicrous compared to the threats. Yet cons are still terrified of their own shadow.

You people are so easily manipulated it is sad. Its hard to get mad at you because you are, in your minds, children that never grow up and con-media constantly keeps you scared of life so they can manipulate you with pavlovian precision.

Forum List

Back