Who Gets Food Stamps? White People, Mostly

A 10-year old could figure this out.

Of course, a 10-year old's thought processes won't be completely distorted by their hardcore partisan ideology.

2013 Percentage of population, white: 62.6%
2013 Percentage of population: black: 13.2%
2013 Percentage of population, hispanic: 17.1%

USA QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

FT_13.07.12_FoodStamps_310px.png

That's funny. We're not talking about "adults who have ever" - we're talking about actual current recipients.
So you're saying a higher percentage of the white population is on food stamps than of the black population?

Yes?

I'm saying what the OP says. Twist it however you wish. Whites are mooching more food stamp dollars than blacks.
In your mind, does it matter, even in the least, that a significantly lower percentage of whites are on food stamps?

Why or why not?

Nope, because white moochers are sucking up $11.6 billion more than blacks.

Percentages flummox them
Except when it comes to red states having the highest rates of welfare and food stamp participation. Conservatives need to stop leeching off of blue states.

That myth is just that, a myth

Articles The Myth of Red State Welfare

Exploding the left s red state myths Rare
Don't try to spin your leeching. Clean up your act cons.

Another loon who can't do the math
Another rube that doesn't understand rates.

Rates? Use ratios and percentages if you want to honest but everyone knows a left loon struggles at that and lacks the mental fortitude

Welfare is a circle of Libtard stupidity.

A person can't get a job.

A person votes for a Democrat who promises to take care of them

The Democrat gives the person welfare

The person gets welfare

The Democrat passes legislation to take money away from the people that earned it to give to the person that gets welfare to fund the welfare.

Jobs are then eliminated because the productive person that has money cannot use it to create jobs because the Democrat has taken to give to the person on welfare.

A person cannot find a job.

Vicious circle. The best way for anybody to not be out of work is to not vote for a Democrat that destroys jobs.

Except when it comes to red states having the highest rates of welfare and food stamp participation. Conservatives need to stop leeching off of blue states.

That myth is just that, a myth

Articles The Myth of Red State Welfare

Exploding the left s red state myths Rare

Rates? Use ratios and percentages if you want to honest but everyone knows a left loon struggles at that and lacks the mental fortitude
The highest rates of welfare and food stamp participation are in red states. Own it and try to stop freeloading.

Break it down to who gets more welfare, dems or repubicans

The highest rates of welfare and food stamp participation are in red states. Own it and try to stop freeloading.

Red STATES now break it down to what cities in those states are the moochers. Hint: Texas = Houston, Houston=dem/blacks

You're not smart enough to continue this, sit down

Red STATES now break it down to what cities in those states are the moochers. Hint: Texas = Houston, Houston=dem/blacks

Assume we're not smart enough. YOU break it down for us!

Republicans run those states. The only reason their policies are viable is because of federal money pumped into their state to support their citizens. Sort of like how Wal-Mart can afford to pay their workers nothing because part of their earnings is food stamps and welfare from the government.

Own it! So again, you red state rubes need to learn to stop freeloading.

Republicans run those states. The only reason their policies are viable is because of federal money pumped into their state to support their citizens. Sort of like how Wal-Mart can afford to pay their workers nothing because part of their earnings is food stamps and welfare from the government.

Republicans run 31 states compared to 18 run by Democrats. Are you suggesting only Dem-run states get food stamps?

Republicans run 31 states compared to 18 run by Democrats. Are you suggesting only Dem-run states get food stamps?

Nope and I doubt you are capable of grasping what I'm saying, so far none of you have.

Nope and I doubt you are capable of grasping what I'm saying, so far none of you have.
Obviously I understand that liberal urban centers are the focus of freeloaders. Just as obviously most freeloader are in Republican-run states, especially those with high minority populations.

No- brainier given the imbalance. Parasites are overwhelmingly Democrat.

Obviously I understand that liberal urban centers are the focus of freeloaders. Just as obviously most freeloader are in Republican-run states, especially those with high minority populations.

No- brainier given the imbalance. Parasites are overwhelmingly Democrat.

My apologies, you've grasped it

WASHINGTON -- Gene Alday, a Republican member of the Mississippi state legislature, apologized last week for telling a reporter that all the African-Americans in his hometown of Walls, Mississippi, are unemployed and on food stamps.

"I come from a town where all the blacks are getting food stamps and what I call 'welfare crazy checks,'" Alday said to a reporter for The Clarion-Ledger, a Mississippi newspaper, earlier this month. "They don't work."

Nationally, most of the people who receive benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program are white. According to 2013 data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, which administers the program, 40.2 percent of SNAP recipients are white, 25.7 percent are black, 10.3 percent are Hispanic, 2.1 percent are Asian and 1.2 percent are Native American.

SNAPCharts1_1.png

More: Who Gets Food Stamps? White People, Mostly

Probably mostly in red states.

That Mississippi state legislator is a jerk. Now for a closer look at the numbers you posted:
White Americans = 77.7% of gen pop (2013 census) and 40.2% (your source) of food stamp recipients.
African Americans = 13.2% of gen pop (2013 census) and 25.7% (your source) of food stamp recipients.
Want more?
Native Americans = .08% of gen pop (2008 census) and 1.2% (your source) of food stamp recipients.
Hmmm.

Race and ethnicity in the United States - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

All I ever see in any of your posts are negative things, no solutions though right? It doesnt bother me that minorities have access to food stamps.
does it bother you ? As other posters have noted, charts and graphs can be manipulated to prove a point. your point just seems to be some
generalized anger with white people . fantastic

You are too stupid to even argue with ..
WASHINGTON -- Gene Alday, a Republican member of the Mississippi state legislature, apologized last week for telling a reporter that all the African-Americans in his hometown of Walls, Mississippi, are unemployed and on food stamps.

"I come from a town where all the blacks are getting food stamps and what I call 'welfare crazy checks,'" Alday said to a reporter for The Clarion-Ledger, a Mississippi newspaper, earlier this month. "They don't work."

Nationally, most of the people who receive benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program are white. According to 2013 data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, which administers the program, 40.2 percent of SNAP recipients are white, 25.7 percent are black, 10.3 percent are Hispanic, 2.1 percent are Asian and 1.2 percent are Native American.

SNAPCharts1_1.png

Forum List

Back