Who do you think won the debate?

• McCain

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • Obama

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Tie

Votes: 12 15.4%

• Total voters
I just watched a nice size group of independents from Nevada on the Republican news network(Fox) and the majority thought Obama won. Greta didnt know what to say.

That's some funny stuff right there!

Fox News must have died!

It's funny to see the Cons trying to spin this as some big win for McCain.

McCain should have handed Obama his ass on a platter, the fact that even insider Republicans are seeing this as an Obama win isn't a good sign for McCain AT ALL!

McCain with his endless smirking and refusal to address Obama directly, as the moderator requested and encouraged, IMO, shows how stubborn McCain is. That's NOT a quality we need in our next President.

I'll say this...Obama certainly didn't umm and uh his answers tonight.. he was clear and concise and thoughtful.

All McCain kept saying was Obama doesn't understand...but what it looked like to me was that McCain doesn't understand that the world doesn't want us displaying naked aggression from the white house anymore... McCain showed his true colors tonight. He's disrespectful, dismissive and ill-prepared to speak even on a topic that he should excel at.

Obama wasn't expected to win this debate... the fact that it's even up for debate means that Obama won in the one way that counts... He held his own and if the polls are accurate that he's polling better with independents that's excellent news for the Democrats that's for sure... McCain NEEDS those voters to win in November and he's been steadily losing them since 9/15/08 when he uttered the words "the fundamentals of the economy are strong"

and can I just say that I LOL'd at McCain saying Obama was being irresponsible for publically saying he'd strike pakastan if necessary and then Obama calling him out on saying he'd exterminate North Korea and then singing songs about bombing Iran... McCain...that's your ass... it just got handed to you dude...

You make some good points Silence.

The people who were voting for McCain or Obama aren't going to change their minds after any debates, so really these are for the undecided voters.

Just look at the opinions of the dems/rep. on here, nothing has changed.

I love the fact that the undecided/independent voters are leaning toward Obama after tonight.

That's a huge win I'd say! :cool:

I imagine they are in the minority.

I can only go off what I see. People on the boards including myself dont like poll data so much so I thought some real people will give us some idea. There was also a landslide victory on MSNBC by a mix of Rep, Dem, IND voters but I didnt want to bring that up because MSNBC is the Dem network and I knew nobody would give it any attention.

I can only go off what I see. People on the boards including myself dont like poll data so much so I thought some real people will give us some idea. There was also a landslide victory on MSNBC by a mix of Rep, Dem, IND voters but I didnt want to bring that up because MSNBC is the Dem network and I knew nobody would give it any attention.

Who won the presidential debate? * 329475 responses MSNBC

John McCain
35%

Barack Obama
51%

Tie
6.3%

I imagine they are in the minority.

What I can tell you is that Clark county in Nevada is one of the worst areas in the nation for foreclosures and the people there are hurting badly so opposition by the Republicans to buck the bailout bill could swing their vote.

I have so much respect for the fact that Obama is able to give credit were credit is due...even to an opponent that he disagrees with... that shows a leader who is willing to work across party lines...

How are people supposed to believe that McCain can work with Democrats if he can't even acknowledge that Obama has some valid points?

and sorry, didn't McCain at one point say that he'd want Obama in his cabinet? hmmmm that's interesting... so he'd put someone in his cabinet that he thinks is a total idiot? good plan Johnnie...

The two men were pointed but polite, although at least once McCain sought to depict his rival as naive on foreign policy. That was in response to Obama's statement that it might become necessary to send U.S. troops across the Pakistani border to pursue terrorists.

"You don't say that out loud," retorted McCain. "If you have to do things, you do things."

He also criticized Obama for having said he would sit down without precondition with Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

"So let me get this right, we sit down with Ahmadinejad and he says 'we're going to wipe Israel off the face of the earth' and we say, 'no you're not.' Oh please," McCain said.

Link

i still think it was so close i'd call it a tie, because McCain didnt pound a single nail in the coffin for Obama
but that one was a tipping point where if i HAD to pick who came out on top, it would be McCain
Obama looked agitated almost from the begining

932 MILLION dollars-close to 1 BILLION dollars-Obama has asked for in ear marks during the last 3 years.

McCain has never asked for money for his home state of Arizona & he has been in the senate for decades.

How does Obama give a tax break to 95% of the public, when only 60% actually pays federal income tax?

Last edited:
I was listening to Krauthammer earlier saying that if it was a tie, Obama wins given the current economic crisis. (The media is being successful convincing the public that it is the Republicans who are responsible for that.)

The AOL straw poll at this hour (a little after 11 pm MDT) though was interesting with something over 100,000 chiming in. Who won the debate? Obama by a narrow margin. Who was the most presidential? Obama by a narrow margin. Who will better handle the economy? McCain by a somewhat larger margin. Who will better handle Iraq? McCain by a fairly large margin.

So I don't know WHO won by the numbers. It was a boring debate but I did think McCain had the more definite and convincing answers.

932 MILLION dollars-close to 1 BILLION dollars-Obama has asked for in ear marks during the last 3 years.

McCain has never asked for money for his home state of Arizona & he has been in the senate for decades.

How does Obama give a tax break to 95% of the public, when only 60% actually pays federal income tax?

No, McCain asked for $700 BILLION DOLLARS FOR IRAQ. And he wants us to stay there indefinitely and continue to spend $120 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR. The man is an idiot.

I was listening to Krauthammer earlier saying that if it was a tie, Obama wins given the current economic crisis. (The media is being successful convincing the public that it is the Republicans who are responsible for that.)

The AOL straw poll at this hour (a little after 11 pm MDT) though was interesting with something over 100,000 chiming in. Who won the debate? Obama by a narrow margin. Who was the most presidential? Obama by a narrow margin. Who will better handle the economy? McCain by a somewhat larger margin. Who will better handle Iraq? McCain by a fairly large margin.

So I don't know WHO won by the numbers. It was a boring debate but I did think McCain had the more definite and convincing answers.
but the truth is getting out

[youtube]H5tZc8oH--o[/youtube]

thanks to AlGore inventing the internet :lol:

No, McCain asked for $700 BILLION DOLLARS FOR IRAQ. And he wants us to stay there indefinitely and continue to spend $120 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR. The man is an idiot.
no, you are an idiot for parroting those words that have been shown by everyone to be taken out of context

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I LMAO'd at Frank Luntz Las Vegas focus group.

"McCain mumbled and stuttered" :D

Why the fuck do they find these dumbshits (they were Las Vegas vacation-goers).

I'll bet there were a couple members of the USMB Leftist Regiment.

::;

Anyway, had dinner and re-watched the debate. McCain actually did a bit better than I remember. And just when Luntz' focus group had me down, I saw a bunch of other ones on other stations consisting of people who WERE undecided and had McCain winning. P.S. These ones were from FLA and PA :lol: Was worried the media might successfully spin it for Obama, now it looks like McCain may actually come out the victor. I also read a few editorials declaring McCain the victor and watched this ad:

[youtube]Ec3aC8ZJZTc[/youtube]

:eusa_clap:

The general consensus is that it was McCain's night, but not that it was a knockout. I think both did well, but neither dazzled me. I voted for a tie.

Forum List

Back