How Did You Watch the Debate?

SwingVoter

VIP Member
Aug 30, 2008
Phoenix, Arizona
Just curious.

I can't take the talking heads on the TV news channels, so I streamed C-SPAN, and am tuning into the opinions of USMB members for the post-debate wrap.

Just curious.

I can't take the talking heads on the TV news channels, so I streamed C-SPAN, and am tuning into the opinions of USMB members for the post-debate wrap.

CNN, I wanted to see the audience they had reactions with the lines.

Overall, looked like Obama had more positive lines then across the scale then McCain.

Streaming on CNN. No talking heads during the debate.

I don't like the pundits talking during the debate or the "reaction dial" lines. It gives the network too much control over how the at home audience responds.

I'll make my own decision, then will listen to everyone elses.

C-span. The only way to watch important things like this.

Then turn the TV off and do not switch it to a 'cable' network. If I wanted to hear opinions from either side I would come to USMB .... where at least a few people have a little sense. Not interested in hearing paid reporter's opinion's! :cool:

CNN, I wanted to see the audience they had reactions with the lines.

Overall, looked like Obama had more positive lines then across the scale then McCain.

I also watched it on CNN. I personally thought the respective lines just changed depending on who was speaking. The red line went up when McCain spoke and the blue line went up when Obama spoke. I thought that was a pretty consistent trend throughout.

I also watched it on CNN. I personally thought the respective lines just changed depending on who was speaking. The red line went up when McCain spoke and the blue line went up when Obama spoke. I thought that was a pretty consistent trend throughout.

That it was, I was more interesting in the independents then anything.

C-span. The only way to watch important things like this.

Then turn the TV off and do not switch it to a 'cable' network. If I wanted to hear opinions from either side I would come to USMB .... where at least a few people have a little sense. Not interested in hearing paid reporter's opinion's! :cool:

I envy you. I, unforunately, had to be a good host. Our guests requested CNN because they thought the graphs at the bottom of the screen were interesting. Ugh!!!

I envy you. I, unforunately, had to be a good host. Our guests requested CNN because they thought the graphs at the bottom of the screen were interesting. Ugh!!!

:lol: The independents graph was interesting.

I watched the first part of the debate on CNN at the gym.

Listened to the middle on KFI on the ride home.

Watched McCain seal the victory on FNC at home.

I don't even think McCain thinks he won.

I was at a debate party and was drinking some Boulevard's '47 Oktoberfest. oh yeaaaa..

I don't even think McCain thinks he won.

I don't think McCain would think he hit a home run or had a great debate... but it is not like he failed at it or had an obvious loss to Obama... McCain still did well on the issues..

Obama went by a pretty good script that was designed to keep the thoughtless bots in check and to pull the wool over the eyes of those who really don't understand or research the issues... He did well at this

I would think McCain thinks he could have performed better in the format.. but doubt that he thinks he lost, nor should he think that way

Had to watch it on PC as grandchild was sleeping in TV room that night.

I was sorta surprised McCain mentioned spending cuts, that is the only thing republicans ever mention and you can see how well they do it. Obama was ok, he hit back enough but needed to look into the TV more. Earmark discussions are boring and while they have negative impact I wish someone would note the good things they do. Probably all the earmarks don't add up to one month's spending on an illegal invasion in Iraq. And earmarks are usually for work in the US.

New Topics

Forum List

Back