Who do you think won the debate?

• McCain

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • Obama

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Tie

Votes: 12 15.4%

• Total voters
I found McCain to be extremely dis-respectful when he refused to even look at Obama AND when he kept smirking and scoffing. Barrack Obama is a United States Senator of the United States of America - you do NOT dis-respect that. I don't give a shit what kind of experience McCain has, you don't dis-respect Obama like that. McCain was unable to look Obama in the eyes... even though I felt McCain won the debate, McCain would make a horrible leader. If he can't look his presidential opponent in the eyes, how is he supposed to negotiate nuclear arms deals with Russia or find ways to eliminate terrorism by working with Pakistan?

I just saw Biden on tv and they asked him if he was going to go easy on Palin next week and he started laughing. LMAO

Since she wants to run with the big dogs then I hope she does a little bit better then she has lately because IF she IS still on the ticket next Thursday, then she may want to withdraw after Biden have her wanting to run under the porch and hang out with the puppys. hehe

Most of the heads on MSNBC gave it to McCain.

Damn Cali thats stunning, MSNBC? isnt that the channel that broadcasts from DNC headquarters everynight? lol j/k Okay someone is asking Robert Wexler who won the debate see if you can guess who he said won? I wont even tell you. lol

Pat Buchanan, Chris Matthews, the pretty chick, they all gave it to mccain - The black professor guy and Harold ford were leaning Obama, but even Ford was iffy about it. I think David gregory (who anchored and should have been impartial) also thought MccAin won.

I voted a tie ... because they both sidestepped some questions.

I just wish they could have a debate where they would give their honest opinions and what the f*uck they are going to do to fix it ..... without thinking about what their 'party' and/or 'supporters' want them to say, or what they 'should' say. Just say what you belive and quit dancing around the issues. With the mess this country is in it would be a breath of fresh air to hear a stern fix for the problem and what they are going to do about it!

:eusa_eh: Wishful thinking that ain't gonna happen - I know. :doubt:

Damn Cali thats stunning, MSNBC? isnt that the channel that broadcasts from DNC headquarters everynight? lol j/k Okay someone is asking Robert Wexler who won the debate see if you can guess who he said won? I wont even tell you. lol

I am not sure who wexler is, I keep thinking waxman. Is wexler conservative> I'm gonna guess Obama.

I thought my line on the other three disputed that. :lol:

Obama won with independents though, good for us Democrats.

You know whats really funny about that? Did you see where Luntz focus group was for this election? Anyone? Las Vegas if there were any independants in that room they were next door at the slots.

I found McCain to be extremely dis-respectful when he refused to even look at Obama AND when he kept smirking and scoffing. Barrack Obama is a United States Senator of the United States of America - you do NOT dis-respect that. I don't give a shit what kind of experience McCain has, you don't dis-respect Obama like that. McCain was unable to look Obama in the eyes... even though I felt McCain won the debate, McCain would make a horrible leader. If he can't look his presidential opponent in the eyes, how is he supposed to negotiate nuclear arms deals with Russia or find ways to eliminate terrorism by working with Pakistan?

McCain wouldn't be able to look Putin in the eyes, he'd be too busy napping or drifting off into space with a smirk on his face. (Hey that rhymed :lol:)

can't or unwilling?

I am not sure who wexler is, I keep thinking waxman. Is wexler conservative> I'm gonna guess Obama.

Not hardly Cali, Wexler is the S. Fl. congressmen (D) that uses his mothers retirement community as his residence address for Florida when he actually lives in Md. Funny thing about him is even if he wanted to live there he couldn't it's deed restricted to 55 and over. The difference between him and waxman is something called a sense of ethics one has it one doesn't

from what i am seeing all the objective polls on all the networks(not online polls) show obama the clear winner.

I have a prediction,

Democrats _ OBAMA CLEAR WINNER

Republicans _ McCAIN CLEAR WINNER

Independants _ WHERE'S THE FREE BEER THEN I WILL TELL YOU?

Seriously though, your going to get who won the debate from who the person is bascially supporting. Thats unless they trip and fall off the stage or stand there and say I'm sorry what, or look at your watch. Things like that.

from what i am seeing all the objective polls on all the networks(not online polls) show obama the clear winner.

I see the same thing, I'm trying to look for a poll that said John Mccain won. Foreign Policy was supposed to be Mccains strength but I did see Obama step up and challenge him right back and stand his ground. I dont think I can really say anyone lost or won but a tie for Obama is a win. I know people are going to talk about Obama agreeing on some points with Mccain but I still dont see why that is an issue because he doesnt agree with him on the key points so there is no doubt where these candidates differ in opinion. The one thing about Mccain is he didnt answer the question on what the republicans want in the new bailout bill and Obama pointed out the 4 points the dems were looking for. I felt like Obama did most of the talking and Mccain didnt really say anything of substance. Another thing is why didnt Mccain ever look at Obama in the eye, his body language was annoying like he had jock itch or something, he seemed so uncomfortable being around Obama, I think its cowardly. I dont know if he is insecure or just not used to being around black folks.

Last edited:
Obama appeared to get annoyed quickly and often, trying to cut McCain off in mid sentence several times, but McCain stood his ground and didn’t let him interrupt.

Beyond that I thought they both held their ground. I found it particularly interesting that Obama didn’t attempt to justify his budget plan in more detail.

Overall, I still give it to McCain, but, in all honesty, it wasn't the slam-a-rama on Obama I wanted it to be and McCain NEEDED it to be.

I voted and believe that McCain won. (shocker! lol)

The biggest shock to me was that McCain won points on the economy IMO. When Lehrer asked about the effect of passing the big bailout (likely a $700B bailout) Obama could not commit to one thing in his plan to cut money from and shockingly talked about more spending! Just damn, but that was dumb. On foreign policy Obama screwed up and pretended he never wanted to withdrawal from Iraq in 2007 (pre-surge) though he clearly did. (that's on the record) And not only that, he attacked Hillary on that point all through the Dem nominating process.

Add to that the more trivial style points that McCain won. for example, Obama called McCain "John" most of the night while McCain refered to "senator Obama" much more correctly. "John also never got flustered while "Barry" clearly did on a few occasions. All in all, a nice win for McCain who I've always thought of as a "hold your nose and vote" alternative to the foolishly nieve Obama.

The real test of who won will come in the next few days. My guess is McCain gets a bounce of at least 4 points.

Time will tell.

Obama appeared to get annoyed quickly and often, trying to cut McCain off in mid sentence several times, but McCain stood his ground and didn’t let him interrupt.

Beyond that I thought they both held their ground. I found it particularly interesting that Obama didn’t attempt to justify his budget plan in more detail.

Overall, I still give it to McCain, but, in all honesty, it wasn't the slam-a-rama on Obama I wanted it to be and McCain NEEDED it to be.

At least I know where the dems stand on what they want, I didnt hear any clear explanation of what the Republicans want.

cnn scientific poll has it 51-38 obama.

in a stunning development, mccains best friend, fred thompson, said mccain missed an opportunity tonight.

Forum List

Back