Who do you think won the debate?

• McCain

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • Obama

Votes: 32 41.0%
  • Tie

Votes: 12 15.4%

• Total voters
No surprise from me Obama won the debate he talked about real things he was going to do and his plans. McCain all he talked about was his record. It was close though but I have to tell you that this was supposed to be McCains thing foreign policy .

No surprise from me Obama won the debate he talked about real things he was going to do and his plans. McCain all he talked about was his record. It was close though but I have to tell you that this was supposed to be McCains thing foreign policy .

Yeah .... McCain does have a BIG hang'up about the past. As I told my husband during the debate .... He is still living in Viet Nam. McCain is bound and determined to win a war! He doesn't care which country he is in a war with ... just as long as he wins one - before he dies! Scary! :eusa_eh:

:( It really is sad when you come to think about it.

Oh my...

The Weekly Standard
Henry Kissinger believes Barack Obama misstated his views on diplomacy with US adversaries and is not happy about being mischaracterized. He says: "Senator McCain is right. I would not recommend the next President of the United States engage in talks with Iran at the Presidential level. My views on this issue are entirely compatible with the views of my friend Senator John McCain. We do not agree on everything, but we do agree that any negotiations with Iran must be geared to reality."

On one point I feared Obama may have scored on McCain it turns out Obama was full of crap.
:D

Thank you Al Gore for inventing the internet. :tongue:

Yeah .... McCain does have a BIG hang'up about the past. As I told my husband during the debate .... He is still living in Viet Nam. McCain is bound and determined to win a war! He doesn't care which country he is in a war with ... just as long as he wins one - before he dies! Scary! :eusa_eh:

:( It really is sad when you come to think about it.

Was it just me or did McCain never look at Obama? what was that about?

IMO, McCain clearly won the debate, although Obama also did very well, much better than I expected. I didn't see McCain make any overt mistakes. Obama lost big point on Iran. McCain said "What are you going to do? Say 'No your not'?". Obama seemed to me at times to be running against George Bush, and I don't think that helped him. The only misstep I saw from McCain was the no eye contact with Obama, but I don't thing he was intentionally showing a lack of respect. I think Obama's bigest misstep was agreeing so often with McCain.

Last edited:

Well theres a big surprise, if you had said McCain had won I think I would have fallen over in shock!

Oh my...

The Weekly Standard

On one point I feared Obama may have scored on McCain it turns out Obama was full of crap.
:D

Thank you Al Gore for inventing the internet. :tongue:

Wrong, CNN played video of what kissinger said and Obama was right on. Kissinger put out a statement tonight (probably because Johnny boy harassed him) and said that he didnt think it would be good for a 1st year President so he flopped on what he originally said. Go find the video of what Kissinger said and you will find the facts.

Wrong, CNN played video of what kissinger said and Obama was right on. Kissinger put out a statement tonight (probably because Johnny boy harassed him) and said that he didnt think it would be good for a 1st year President so he flopped on what he originally said. Go find the video of what Kissinger said and you will find the facts.

I already posted what Kissinger said with a link. Find your own vids if you can.

I don't have to prove your argument pal.

McCain started off shaky but finished incredibly strong.

Not being a Kool-Aid guzzling Leftist, I'll say McCain by unanimous decision.

As I wrote in the other thread, no knockout punches from either.

I am listening to some talking heads, govenor of Miss.--who has watched hundreds of debates over the years.

He states he's never seen a knockout in a debate. This is the first time we have witnessed a total knockout.

Obama continually interrupting, wearing that frown, after many visual warnings regarding his interruptions, was extremely frustrated. He could not regain any composure, he did not look like Presidential material. I have to agree--this wasn't even close---it was a knockout.

I'll bet Obama wishes he would have agreed to postpone this debate & work on this bail-out plan, ha.ha.

Last edited:
IMO, McCain clearly won the debate, although Obama also did very well, much better than I expected. I didn't see McCain make any overt mistakes. Obama lost big point on Iran. McCain said "What are you going to do? Say 'No your not'?". Obama seemed to me at times to be running against George Bush, and I don't think that helped him. The only misstep I saw from McCain was the no eye contact with Obama, but I don't thing he was intentionally showing a lack of respect. I think Obama's bigest misstep was agreeing so often with McCain.

Interesting .... but I do agree that Obama agreed with him too much. Maybe he was checking to see if he was paying attention or was awake? and could get a reaction? ..... because McCain wouldn't look at him? Just kidding. :lol:

I am listening to some talking heads, govenor of Miss.--who has watched hundreds of debates over the years.

He states he's never seen a knockout in a debate. This is the first time we have witnessed a total knockout.

Obama continually interrupting, wearing that frown, after many visual warnings regarding his interruptions, was extremely frustrated. He could not regain any composure, he did not look like Presidential material. I have to agree--this wasn't even close---it was a knockout.

I'll bet Obama wishes he would have agreed to postpone this debate & work on this bail-out plan, ha.ha.

now that sounds like what I saw.

That's how I saw it. From what I hear, it's not how the country saw it.

I just watched a nice size group of independents from Nevada on the Republican news network(Fox) and the majority thought Obama won. Greta didnt know what to say.

Forum List

Back