Who Can Beat My Shoe & Boot Collection

Sorry that I have no fancy shoes to share. I'm a worker first and go casual, otherwise. The only pairs not shown below are my Chippewa Boots, which are still at work, and a pair of Wesco lineman's boots in storage, and a pair of rubber Sorels that I keep in the truck for emergencies (especially in winter). Is there a challenger out there that can beat my shoe collection?

View attachment 811723
View attachment 811724
View attachment 811725

Awesome collection! I have two pairs that I regularly wear - an outdoor pair and an indoor pair. We live in the country, so the outdoor pair is a pair of Weinbrenner Wildlife Firefighting boots. I found them new and unused at a garage sale three years ago for $10, and they're the most durable and comfortable boots I've ever had.

When I'm indoors, I wear a pair of Mike Lindell's "My Slippers."

shoes1.jpg

1691276065315.jpeg

I have other shoes, but don't wear them much. A pair of Western boots, dress shoes, and a bunch of USGI boots.
Not pictured are a pair of reproduction Civil War era Brogans that I used to wear with the uniform in Civil War reenactments, and a pair Vietnam-era jungle boots I sometimes wear in the Memorial Day parades. The OD green jungle boots in the closet picture were Chinese-made knockoffs that didn't last a whole year.

shoes2.jpg

That was me on the right in 2017, and on the left is my brother in law. He was a mortar man who served two tours of duty in Vietnam, and passed away three years ago.

memorial day 2017.JPG

About all I wear these days is Flip Flops.
I still have some of my work boots but standing on hot chips pretty much wrecks any boot,they dig into the sole and the sole just starts falling apart.
There was one pair of boots made by Wolverine that I loved!!! I wore out the leather before the sole......and then they discontinued them.
And while Crocs are convenient they suck when it comes to traction.

That's ridiculous. That's not a collection, that's hoarding.
Hoarding is when you accumulate stuff you don't use nor will ever use. As you can see by the wear on my shoes, I alternate between them depending on what type of work I'm doing and/or the weather conditions. Some are designed for very cold weather or very wet weather. I'm actually planning on buying another pair here soon. I thought I toss that in to make your head explode.

Awesome collection! I have two pairs that I regularly wear - an outdoor pair and an indoor pair. We live in the country, so the outdoor pair is a pair of Weinbrenner Wildlife Firefighting boots. I found them new and unused at a garage sale three years ago for $10, and they're the most durable and comfortable boots I've ever had.

When I'm indoors, I wear a pair of Mike Lindell's "My Slippers."

View attachment 811751

View attachment 811752

I have other shoes, but don't wear them much. A pair of Western boots, dress shoes, and a bunch of USGI boots.
Not pictured are a pair of reproduction Civil War era Brogans that I used to wear with the uniform in Civil War reenactments, and a pair Vietnam-era jungle boots I sometimes wear in the Memorial Day parades. The OD green jungle boots in the closet picture were Chinese-made knockoffs that didn't last a whole year.

View attachment 811754

That was me on the right in 2017, and on the left is my brother in law. He was a mortar man who served two tours of duty in Vietnam, and passed away three years ago.

View attachment 811757
Thanks for sharing the pics. I've been thinking about helping Mike out by getting some of his slippers. Those are some solid looking boots. I've never heard of them, but they look well-built. Sorry to hear about your BIL. Thanks to both of you for your service and patriotism. It appears that your cat likes boots too.

Thanks for sharing the pics. I've been thinking about helping Mike out by getting some of his slippers. Those are some solid looking boots. I've never heard of them, but they look well-built. Sorry to hear about your BIL. Thanks to both of you for your service and patriotism. It appears that your cat likes boots too.
Check out Frank's Boots in Spokane. They custom make firefighters boots.

That's why no one will remember your name.....Crocs are the cat's ass.....I have a pair on now.

That said I don't care for the ones with the pile liners, I prefer Woolwich country slippers.

R.14f3956d6dfefb38219841c27bba4fb6

Crocs are for fags.

Just sayin...

Check out Frank's Boots in Spokane. They custom make firefighters boots.
I have a pair in my OP pictures. The best view is the third picture down, top/right. They're tanks. The most well-made boot in my collection but also the most expensive. That particular pair cost nearly $750.00 after shipping + tax and because I had a composite safety toe added.
Frank's Boots 2 4-30-23.JPEG

Last edited:
Hoarding is when you accumulate stuff you don't use nor will ever use. As you can see by the wear on my shoes, I alternate between them depending on what type of work I'm doing and/or the weather conditions. Some are designed for very cold weather or very wet weather. I'm actually planning on buying another pair here soon. I thought I toss that in to make your head explode.
Ok hoarder

How dare you question the manliness of Crocs!.....But you do strike me as the broken Dollar Store flip-flop type of guy....Just sayin'. ;)

Nah...I can't do flip flops. Hurt my feet too much. I'm now officially a wuss, so it's tennis shoes for me pretty much all the time.

You like brown! :D

Your collection is huge for a man....!!! When I was young the average pairs of shoes owned by men was something like 5 pairs, a sneaker (athletic shoe), a dress shoe or penny loafer, a casual boat shoe, a lug sole boot, and maybe a slipper. Lug sole boot might be a cowboy boot if in Texas or the South.

I believe today, the average pair of shoes owned by men is something like 10.... So the shoe industry and their marketing has done a good job expanding! (I used to be in it)

Women have consistently owned on average, about 20 pairs, back when i was young, and now!

But it is really even more than men than it appears, because we change over and buy new shoes more often than men and just throw the old shoe out....on a continual conveyor belt! :)

You like brown! :D

Your collection is huge for a man....!!! When I was young the average pairs of shoes owned by men was something like 5 pairs, a sneaker (athletic shoe), a dress shoe or penny loafer, a casual boat shoe, a lug sole boot, and maybe a slipper. Lug sole boot might be a cowboy boot if in Texas or the South.

I believe today, the average pair of shoes owned by men is something like 10.... So the shoe industry and their marketing has done a good job expanding! (I used to be in it)

Women have consistently owned on average, about 20 pairs, back when i was young, and now!

But it is really even more than men than it appears, because we change over and buy new shoes more often than men and just throw the old shoe out....on a continual conveyor belt! :)
I like the feel and support of brand new shoes. Plus, my work requires me to do a lot of both indoor work and outdoor work. I live in a climate that blazing hot in the summer and snows in the winter. I also have to walk through mud from time to time.

I really only have one pair of shoes (pictured) that might be considered “dress” but they're really more of a nice, casual shoe. And yes, brown tones are my preference.

I have a pair in my OP pictures. The best view is the third picture down, top/right. They're tanks. The most well-made boot in my collection but also the most expensive. That particular pair cost nearly $750.00 after shipping + tax and because I had a composite safety toe added.View attachment 811892
Yeah the wild land firefighters up this way rate them very high on the list. But they are spendy.

Yeah the wild land firefighters up this way rate them very high on the list. But they are spendy.
Frank's is located where Nick's used to be. Nick's had been purchased, and the new owner wanted to move the company. Frank had been fairly high up in the Nick's company but didn't want to move so he took over where Nick's left off and started his own gig. I also have a pair of hand made boots from Origin Boots on the East Coast. And I think the next pair of hand made I get will be the JK brand.

Forum List

Back