Burglar In My Complex Caught Red-Handed!

ActionJackson

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 31, 2023
Utah
Two or three Sundays ago, a dude was caught in broad daylight trying to break into my next door neighbor's apartment. There's a set of stairs that lead up to my door and her door. This dude must have been totally zonked because he was trying to pick her lock at 10:30am in daylight. Everyone was home and there were people outside. She heard him trying to break in and was literally petrified to the point almost having a complete breakdown. She literally moved out that night.

Anyway, I was home playing a video game when I heard yelling outside. I then determined that it was a cop telling a dude to “put the knife down,” “put the knife down.” As the two cops got closer, they could see that he had a screwdriver, so they yelled, “drop the screwdriver.” By then, I had opened my door enough to watch the entire situation unfold. The one cop had his gun drawn, and the other had a taser drawn. The dude finally complied and ended up face down on the landing.

He had only lived in the complex for about a week. The first time I saw him, I knew in my gut that he was trouble. I just didn't expect him to cause problems so soon. I'm glad he did because he's locked up now.

Anyway, as a result, I bought a high-end dead bolt to replace the chintzy one I had, and I installed the SimpliSafe alarm system. I just ordered a gun safe today. It's been a pretty safe place to live over the past 4 years. But with the California creeps fleeing that State (and the policies they voted for) and heading to my neck of the woods, things are bound to get worse in the coming months and years. Time to secure my guns, gold, and silver.

You know he will be released right?
Probably. That's why I reinforced my security. He'd be an idiot to show his face around here, though. Everyone was standing outside when he got arrested. He'd be a complete idiot to break into my place. Unless, that is, he has a fantasy about becoming a piece of Swiss Cheese.

LOL. I havn't locked a door in 18 years. I live in Costa Rica(not in a city)
I'm in a small city. It was 35,000 population when I got here and a very low crime rate. Since Newsom's been destroying California is insane policies, everyone is fleeing, en masse. So my town is now approaching 45,000 in just over 2 years. If I had it my way, I'd be living deep in a forest a hundred miles from the nearest town.

LOL. I havn't locked a door in 18 years. I live in Costa Rica(not in a city)

I like the pictures you post from down there.

It always looks like there's a pyramid out there. Like there's something under all of that dirt. It just looks way too symmetrical to be a natural structure.

Two or three Sundays ago, a dude was caught in broad daylight trying to break into my next door neighbor's apartment. There's a set of stairs that lead up to my door and her door. This dude must have been totally zonked because he was trying to pick her lock at 10:30am in daylight. Everyone was home and there were people outside. She heard him trying to break in and was literally petrified to the point almost having a complete breakdown. She literally moved out that night.

Anyway, I was home playing a video game when I heard yelling outside. I then determined that it was a cop telling a dude to “put the knife down,” “put the knife down.” As the two cops got closer, they could see that he had a screwdriver, so they yelled, “drop the screwdriver.” By then, I had opened my door enough to watch the entire situation unfold. The one cop had his gun drawn, and the other had a taser drawn. The dude finally complied and ended up face down on the landing.

He had only lived in the complex for about a week. The first time I saw him, I knew in my gut that he was trouble. I just didn't expect him to cause problems so soon. I'm glad he did because he's locked up now.

Anyway, as a result, I bought a high-end dead bolt to replace the chintzy one I had, and I installed the SimpliSafe alarm system. I just ordered a gun safe today. It's been a pretty safe place to live over the past 4 years. But with the California creeps fleeing that State (and the policies they voted for) and heading to my neck of the woods, things are bound to get worse in the coming months and years. Time to secure my guns, gold, and silver.
I remember one time in Tampa where one of my neighbors had a man try to break into her home. Her husband was a cop and was at work on the graveyard shift. This guy was trying pick the lock and she was on the other side of the door with a handgun, shaking in fear.

She did call Man Mountain Jim who lived directly across from her. He came to his front door and yelled at the man. He looked at Man Mountain Jim and ran.

Forum List

Back