Who called TEA Party people the fringe? Whoops

Maybe....just like Lieberman was kicked out of his party.
Zel Miller said that his party had left him. I guess it happens to all parties.

lieberman and miller were NEVER representative of the majority of democrats.

nixon WAS representative of repubs....

I'm afraid I don't agree with your analogy.

A vice presidential pick? That is a surprise to me. Miller was an old school democrat, who once was mainstream.
Still they both were pretty much ran out of their party...that's the bottom line.

Lieberman has ventured far, far to the right since he was the vice presidential nominee in 2000. Back then, he supported single-payer. How he can't even support some pussy watered-down measure like the public option.

Maybe....just like Lieberman was kicked out of his party.
Zel Miller said that his party had left him. I guess it happens to all parties.

Except Joe wasn't kicked out. He lost in a fair election to the antiwar candidate. Joe left the party if anything, not vice versa.

It was his antiwar stance, yeah. But it wasn't the election that did him in, it was where the democrats were placing the party's money...that was the writing on the wall.

After the primary was over, they placed the money with the party's nominee.

didn't the last polls say that only 20% of voters identify as republicans?

so what are we talking about 70% of the 20%?
Whereas 40% identify themselves as conservative while only 23% consider themselves liberal.

Those who attended the tea parties were pretty much split between the parties. I understand why those here and on other political boards want to ignore that little tidbit, it is to Me a good sign.

Since the Independents are now flocking away from the Democrats in droves, 2010 is going to be a rather large pill for the Democrats to swallow.

I believe you are right, we shall see in november.

Everyone is flocking away from the republicans....both conservatives and independants while the independants are also flocking away from the dems.

We could potentially end up with a 3rd party that is larger than the dems and whatever might be left of the republicans.
Still 15% polling points away from that scenerio but if the 22% undecided flipped to 3rd party/tea party type of people we will be the majority.

Did I say that?

Its getting closer every day.

Whereas 40% identify themselves as conservative while only 23% consider themselves liberal.

Those who attended the tea parties were pretty much split between the parties. I understand why those here and on other political boards want to ignore that little tidbit, it is to Me a good sign.

Since the Independents are now flocking away from the Democrats in droves, 2010 is going to be a rather large pill for the Democrats to swallow.

Everyone is flocking away from the republicans....both conservatives and independants while the independants are also flocking away from the dems.

We could potentially end up with a 3rd party that is larger than the dems and whatever might be left of the republicans.
Still 15% polling points away from that scenerio but if the 22% undecided flipped to 3rd party/tea party type of people we will be the majority.

Did I say that?

Yeah, the "third party" of Republicans attempting to throw a bunch of cash in a pool so they can rebrand themselves.

Did I say that?

Yeah, the "third party" of Republicans attempting to throw a bunch of cash in a pool so they can rebrand themselves.

I dont expect anything less than this tired old red-herring style dribble from you polk.

Who called TEA Party people the fringe?
A psychic??

:eusa_eh:

March 26, 2011

"Former Labor Secretary Robert B. Reich may have said it best:

“Never before in modern history have the Republicans considered a more bizarre group of characters, who bear more resemblance to the denizens of the bar in “Star Wars” than to serious leaders,” Reich says in a public forum on Politico.Com. “Their candidacies will only help President Obama, whose favorability ratings — despite a level of unemployment that would sink most presidents – remain relatively high.”

With potential candidates like Michele Bachmann, Sarah Palin and perennial loser Ron Paul appealing to the extreme fringe of the GOP, Democrats lick their chops in delight.

“Maybe while Bachmann is hiring staff she should also bring on a geography coach so she knows what state she’s actually in and what happened there,” Democratic consultant Garry South told Politico. “Having already misplaced the battles of Lexington and Concord in New Hampshire, will she also think Mt. Rushmore is in South Carolina, or confuse Iowa for Ohio? Democrats should be so lucky as to have Bachmann as the Republican nominee in 2012.”

In more than 40 years of covering politics as a journalist or working inside the system as a political operative, I have never witnessed such an invasion of flakes, kooks and outright nutcases enter the national limelight. Politics has always attracted the bizarre but the level of loons on the national stage is downright frightening."

490.gif
490.gif
490.gif
544.gif

Tea Party Tops GOP on Three-Way Generic Ballot - Rasmussen Reports™

Seventy percent (70%) of Republican voters have a favorable opinion of the Tea Party movement while only seven percent (7%) offer an unfavorable view. Interestingly, 49% of Democrats have no opinion one way or the other.

Among unaffiliated voters, 43% have a favorable opinion of the Tea Party efforts while 20% say the opposite.

Forty-one percent (41%) of all voters nationwide say Republicans and Democrats are so much alike that a new party is needed to represent the American people. Republicans are evenly divided on this question, while Democrats overwhelmingly disagree. However, among those not affiliated with either major party, 60% agree that a new party is needed, and only 25% disagree. Men are far more likely than women to believe a new party is needed.

As for the voting preference, the Tea Party bests the GOP among both men and women and in all age groups except those over 65.

The Tea Party candidates are the first choice among political conservatives. Among moderates, the Tea Party candidates are more popular than Republicans. However, nearly half of all moderate voters prefer a Democrat.

Among the Political Class, not a single respondent picked the Tea Party candidate.

However, among those with populist or Mainstream views, 31% prefer the Tea Party, and 26% are undecided. Twenty-three percent (23%) pick a Republican candidate, and 19% are for the Democrat (See more on the Political Class-Mainstream divide).

Looks like people are getting smarter :)

i think the worst of America gravitate to the tea party

btw...is sarah palin a tea bagger or a republican?

is she going to run as a tea bagger or a republican?

should she also become a democrat and run in all three parties?

how many parties will stupid people allow her to run in?

as long as idiots like palin and bachman and beck spearhead the tea party then it will continue to be the party of idiots

smart conservatives tend to avoid the tea party and remain with republicans

As a Conservative, I have no more use for the "Tea Party" than I do for the Republicans or Democrats. They're no more willing to actually stick to their guns, and ensure that their own membership actually lives up to their promises than either of the other groups.

Show me a party with Traditional Conservative Ideals & Values, that requires its member to WALK their TALK, and is willing to lose an election rather than violating those Ideals & Values and I'll be there in a split second. Until then, I'm not interested in ANY political party.

Forum List

Back