Who called TEA Party people the fringe? Whoops

I love the teaparty movement

Nobody moves voters towards the Democratic candidate like a good teabag rally

How do you know that?

Teabaggers set their sights on Arlen Spector......Spector switches to Democrat

Teabaggers set their sights on Scozafavo in NY23 .......A Democrat wins the district for the first time in 150 years

Gotta love the teabaggers....they keep Republican candidates in line

When you refer to them as "teabaggers" it makes you appear incredibly immature and detracts from your overall point. That's a free piece of advice. You can learn from it or not.

I don't know that the tea party "movement" had much to do with Arlen Specter. I used to live in Pennsylvania and was there in 2004 when Pat Toomey primaried him that year. Specter barely won that primary with about a 1.5% margin. The conservative hatred for Specter has been there for years. It didn't appear in 2009 with the tea party movement. Furthermore, Specter was originally a Democrat who switched to Republican almost 30 years for exactly the same reason, to avoid a primary fight.

Regarding Scozzafava, the entire GOP establishment turned against her. I'm sure the tea party people were vocal about her, but all of the big players in the GOP were coming out against her as time went on and they learned more about her record, so to characterize her as a victim of the tea partiers isn't quite accurate. The only Republican position Scozzafava really held was having a good rating on guns. Other than that, she was a reliable Democrat vote on just about everything else. She was no moderate. That's why she was rejected. She was chosen to be the candidate by the local GOP party establishment, not by the voters, and the voters responded by telling the party establishment to go to hell. While a Democrat now holds the seat, it won't be easy for him to hang on to it, especially after breaking one of his biggest campaign promises just hours after being sworn in.

Aside from these two examples, which I don't think support your claim, most of the polling also doesn't support what you say. While polls for next year's elections are kind of pointless this early out, they do convey the overall attitude of the public at this time. Right now, the public is moving back towards the GOP. Harry Reid is losing, Chris Dodd is losing, Blanche Lincoln is losing and Republican candidates are competitive in states they normally aren't. This has all happened after the tea parties started. That doesn't mean that the tea parties are the cause of it, of course, but it definitely does not support your claim that they are helping Democratic candidates because the Democrats are faring poorly in public opinion right now.

How do you know that?

Teabaggers set their sights on Scozafavo in NY23 .......A Democrat wins the district for the first time in 150 years

When you refer to them as "teabaggers" it makes you appear incredibly immature and detracts from your overall point. That's a free piece of advice. You can learn from it or not.

I don't know that the tea party "movement" had much to do with Arlen Specter. I used to live in Pennsylvania and was there in 2004 when Pat Toomey primaried him that year. Specter barely won that primary with about a 1.5% margin. The conservative hatred for Specter has been there for years. It didn't appear in 2009 with the tea party movement. Furthermore, Specter was originally a Democrat who switched to Republican almost 30 years for exactly the same reason, to avoid a primary fight.

Regarding Scozzafava, the entire GOP establishment turned against her. I'm sure the tea party people were vocal about her, but all of the big players in the GOP were coming out against her as time went on and they learned more about her record, so to characterize her as a victim of the tea partiers isn't quite accurate. The only Republican position Scozzafava really held was having a good rating on guns. Other than that, she was a reliable Democrat vote on just about everything else. She was no moderate. That's why she was rejected. She was chosen to be the candidate by the local GOP party establishment, not by the voters, and the voters responded by telling the party establishment to go to hell. While a Democrat now holds the seat, it won't be easy for him to hang on to it, especially after breaking one of his biggest campaign promises just hours after being sworn in.

Aside from these two examples, which I don't think support your claim, most of the polling also doesn't support what you say. While polls for next year's elections are kind of pointless this early out, they do convey the overall attitude of the public at this time. Right now, the public is moving back towards the GOP. Harry Reid is losing, Chris Dodd is losing, Blanche Lincoln is losing and Republican candidates are competitive in states they normally aren't. This has all happened after the tea parties started. That doesn't mean that the tea parties are the cause of it, of course, but it definitely does not support your claim that they are helping Democratic candidates because the Democrats are faring poorly in public opinion right now.

Kepp Republicans in line? More like the line of fire! If the Republicans align themselves with the Tea Bag movement they will risk alienating moderate Reps and Independents. Just like those who STILL refuse to distance themselves from "Birthers".

Kepp Republicans in line? More like the line of fire! If the Republicans align themselves with the Tea Bag movement they will risk alienating moderate Reps and Independents. Just like those who STILL refuse to distance themselves from "Birthers".

What gives you the impression that they even care about what anyone thinks of the Republican party or policies? They ARE fringe these days. You won't find many real Conservatives out there anymore.

In fact, until they get them back, they might as well not even try to court moderates or Indes. Their party is lost.

I think you are wrong Sarah. I consider myself a moderate R, and I would say nearly EVERYONE I know is close to the center.. That includes indies and Dems. And guess what? No one supports what this administration is doing right now. I have no idea how many seats the Republicans need to take back the House, but I expect many, many Dem seats will be lost in 2010. And while I do not know anyone who has personally attended a tea party, I do know that people are grateful that OTHERS are actually paying attention. Lord knows, the MSM hasn't been.

Kepp Republicans in line? More like the line of fire! If the Republicans align themselves with the Tea Bag movement they will risk alienating moderate Reps and Independents..

Maybe they will, maybe they won't. The fringe element of the Democrats became quite kooky and active during the Bush years and it didn't stop Democrats from having sweeping gains in the last two election cycles. When it comes down to voting, most people do it based on the candidate, not on the behavior of an element of their party.

Last edited:
Kepp Republicans in line? More like the line of fire! If the Republicans align themselves with the Tea Bag movement they will risk alienating moderate Reps and Independents..

Maybe they will, maybe they won't. The fringe element of the Democrats became quite kooky and active during the Bush years and it didn't stop Democrats from having sweeping gains in the last two election cycles.

4,000 dead soldiers and an ENDLESS war plus the $5 TRILLION in debt tends to make it a bit easier for the other party to make gains..........Now I KNOW what you are going to say......It's Obama's war now.........Sorry BRO but that BS don't cut it with the majority of Americans. Bush STARTED it, MISMANAGED IT, and passed it on to Obama and that my BRO does NOT make it Obama's war.

What gives you the impression that they even care about what anyone thinks of the Republican party or policies? They ARE fringe these days. You won't find many real Conservatives out there anymore.

In fact, until they get them back, they might as well not even try to court moderates or Indes. Their party is lost.

And I pose the same question to you. Where is your evidence of this?

With all due respect, what I see from you and a few others here are very partisan individuals projecting your own feelings onto the entire electorate when it simply doesn't apply. All evidence shows the electorate swinging back to the GOP. There is plenty of time for that to change, but if come next November the mood of the people is the same as today, the Democrats are going to lose a lot of the gains they made in the last two elections. Democrats seem to be in serious denial of this, much like the GOP was in 2006.

4,000 dead soldiers and an ENDLESS war plus the $5 TRILLION in debt tends to make it a bit easier for the other party to make gains..........Now I KNOW what you are going to say......It's Obama's war now.........Sorry BRO but that BS don't cut it with the majority of Americans. Bush STARTED it, MISMANAGED IT, and passed it on to Obama and that my BRO does NOT make it Obama's war.

Nobody is going to go to the polls next year and blame Republicans for the war in Iraq, two years after Bush has been out of office and four years after the GOP lost control of Congress.

I agree with you, Bush did mismanage the war in Iraq and he also mismanaged Afghanistan. In fact, we should have never gone to Iraq, but the "it's Bush's fault" excuse has already started losing its luster. Obama has to start owning responsibility at some point and considering he has done nothing but continue the Bush doctrine in both wars he doesn't have much credibility left to blame his predecessor.

I apologize for offending the delicate sensitivities of the Tea Party Movement. Those Aushwitz death scenes are just the movements way of saying "Howdy Do"

didn't the last polls say that only 20% of voters identify as republicans?

so what are we talking about 70% of the 20%?

Pretty much. Unsurprisingly, the same number of Republicans who hold a favorable view of Palin as well.

I put dogberts comment in my response because I promised myself to be kinder when posting with his quotes :).

Ok this is what you both didn't understand about the data.

Out of 100% of likely voters:

36% identify with democrats
23% Identify with TeaPartys
22% are undecided
18% identify with republicans.

yes i know that adds up to 99 BTW

Get it now? We are talking about 23% of ALL likely voters.

Lots of amusing comments, mostly from Obatrons and their usual Alinskey-like tactics.

Keep speaking in political absolutes, that always works well, such as what the lame assed GoPers were saying in 2004: 'Permanent Republican Majority.'

How did that turn out again? :lol:

The bell is tolling for the dems, too many 'we don't care what you say, we won' votes is going to cost them big time, and all they do now will either be repealed or never funded.

Such is the way of American politics, so keep beliving you will have it your way, like the Bushbot morons you will have your political Waterloo.

Maybe they will, maybe they won't. The fringe element of the Democrats became quite kooky and active during the Bush years and it didn't stop Democrats from having sweeping gains in the last two election cycles. When it comes down to voting, most people do it based on the candidate, not on the behavior of an element of their party.

excellent point.

Goldwater would of been kicked out of his party for being "too Liberal" today.
Maybe....just like Lieberman was kicked out of his party.
Zel Miller said that his party had left him. I guess it happens to all parties.

lieberman and miller were NEVER representative of the majority of democrats.

nixon WAS representative of repubs....

I'm afraid I don't agree with your analogy.

If dems dont like liberman then they are idiots, he is a good senator.

I apologize for offending the delicate sensitivities of the Tea Party Movement. Those Aushwitz death scenes are just the movements way of saying "Howdy Do"

The Nazi death camp posters were far and few between and were perpetrated by a very small minority of people who attended the tea parties, much like the liberals who held up Bush/Hitler signs at anti-war protests. They were a few tactless people who didn't represent the overall movement. You have that kind of element everywhere. I went to an anti war protest about Iraq a few years back there were people there handing out copies of the Communist Manifesto. Would it be fair for me to characterize all anti war Democrats as Communists? Of course not.

Forum List

Back