Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Virgil Goode-Constitution party

• Merlin Miller-Americas 3rd Position party

• Rocky Anderson-Justice party

• Total voters
As a libertarian who would otherwise vote for Gary Johnson I have to vote Romney...

Johnson is not going to win and I'm not going to waste my vote to bounce Obama out of the White House.

A vote for anyone but Romney would be a vote for Obama....

Be smart - don't waste your vote. If you want another 4 years of Obama than vote for Obama because a vote for anyone else would just be a wasted vote.

That attitude is precisely what preserves the duopoly in power. There is plenty of frustration in this country with the two major parties that a third party candidate could get elected quite easily if people would stop adopting that absurd logic you just espoused. The only "wasted" vote is the one cast for someone you don't really want.

Excellent points.

I wonder what Gary Johnson would say to his supporters. Would he urge them to cast their vote for him, or to vote for Romney.

Lets say he did do that, how many people up top who voted Johnson would vote Romney if Johnson asked them to do that instead?
I'd vote for Obama. The way I would look at it is Republicans betrayed me, and then Libertarians betrayed me... Hey...

But I'm one of those assholes that if someone gives me a ultimatum with two choices I don't like, I'll pick the one that hurts the other person the most... Even if it's not in my best interest. Just because they were dumb enough to offer a ultimatum.

As a libertarian who would otherwise vote for Gary Johnson I have to vote Romney...

Johnson is not going to win and I'm not going to waste my vote to bounce Obama out of the White House.

Be smart - don't waste your vote. If you want another 4 years of Obama than vote for Obama because a vote for anyone else would just be a wasted vote.

That attitude is precisely what preserves the duopoly in power. There is plenty of frustration in this country with the two major parties that a third party candidate could get elected quite easily if people would stop adopting that absurd logic you just espoused. The only "wasted" vote is the one cast for someone you don't really want.

You are actually BOTH right here.

Mr Nick is right that in THIS election a vote for anyone but Romney is, in effect, one less vote against Obama.

Dont Taz me is right that people knowing this fact and therefore never voting 3rd party in large enough numbers to make a 3rd party canidate viable is why we are still stuck in the 2 party garbage dump of canidates.

But I'm one of those assholes that if someone gives me a ultimatum with two choices I don't like, I'll pick the one that hurts the other person the most... Even if it's not in my best interest. Just because they were dumb enough to offer a ultimatum.

Hurt yourself to hurt your opponent is not sound thinking.

... The way I would look at it is Republicans betrayed me, and then Libertarians betrayed me... Hey...

Clapping.gif

You are actually BOTH right here.

Mr Nick is right that in THIS election a vote for anyone but Romney is, in effect, one less vote against Obama.

Dont Taz me is right that people knowing this fact and therefore never voting 3rd party in large enough numbers to make a 3rd party canidate viable is why we are still stuck in the 2 party garbage dump of canidates.

For someone to be an attractive third party candidate, it would have to be a very popular rogue candidate, someone like Hillary or Bill Clinton.

My choice is not there....

Where is Mitt Romney at on your poll you troll?
Willard Romney = Mitt Romney.

Edit: His first name is fucking Willard. And you are going to vote for him.

Last edited:
I actually chose Gary Johnson as he is the person I feel most espouses my personal beliefs on how this country should be run. However, after reading this thread I have come to the conclusion that the vote cast should be the one most likely to topple Obama from power and ensure that we are not stuck with yet another four years of his entirely ineffectual leadership and divisive decisions.

I will admit that his please to the gay community at one time did draw me towards him, but then after seeing that he was simply using that to get votes, well that was the end of it for me. I sat down a really looked at my views and realized that other than that I can't say I agree with anything else he has done other than the repeal of DADT. That's pretty sad to say when I was pretty damned gung ho about him at first. Now that I have had time to sit down and think I realized that when it comes to government I am much closer to the Libertarians, but in this vote I just think a vote away from the only sure bet to topple Obama would be a lose on everyone's part. I therefor changed my mind and have decided that while I find Romney less than a pleasant choice I will be voting for him in this election.

I actually chose Gary Johnson as he is the person I feel most espouses my personal beliefs on how this country should be run. However, after reading this thread I have come to the conclusion that the vote cast should be the one most likely to topple Obama from power and ensure that we are not stuck with yet another four years of his entirely ineffectual leadership and divisive decisions.

I will admit that his please to the gay community at one time did draw me towards him, but then after seeing that he was simply using that to get votes, well that was the end of it for me. I sat down a really looked at my views and realized that other than that I can't say I agree with anything else he has done other than the repeal of DADT. That's pretty sad to say when I was pretty damned gung ho about him at first. Now that I have had time to sit down and think I realized that when it comes to government I am much closer to the Libertarians, but in this vote I just think a vote away from the only sure bet to topple Obama would be a lose on everyone's part. I therefor changed my mind and have decided that while I find Romney less than a pleasant choice I will be voting for him in this election.
Good Lord son, some piss ant thread in an internet message board is enough to sway your political thinking? Small suggestion, you shouldn't make such personally revealing statements online anymore.

I think that makes sense and I would encourage all on this board to contact Johnson about how they feel and how they would support his candidicy in the future for we hope that his interest in the presidency will not wane.

It is if you are hurt no matter what. I said it over and over... Democrats and Republicans are basically the same. I see so many people who say they'll vote for such and such because it's the lesser of two evils. THOSE are the people who are my opponents.

If your values align with Willard and you vote for him... Great. No problem with that.

If your values align with Obama and you vote for him... Great. No problem with that.

If your values align with "whoever" and you vote for him... Great... No problem with that.

If you vote for someone because they are the lesser of two evils... I'm out fuck you. How many democrats/liberals you see running around here saying Obama is the lesser of two evils?

Your question was not fair for me. I will not be voting for anyone but I will vote against Obama. It is sad that these two are going to be the choice. The libertarians have a zero chance and will just screw things up.

It is if you are hurt no matter what. I said it over and over... Democrats and Republicans are basically the same. I see so many people who say they'll vote for such and such because it's the lesser of two evils. THOSE are the people who are my opponents.

If your values align with Willard and you vote for him... Great. No problem with that.

If your values align with Obama and you vote for him... Great. No problem with that.

If your values align with "whoever" and you vote for him... Great... No problem with that.

If you vote for someone because they are the lesser of two evils... I'm out fuck you. How many democrats/liberals you see running around here saying Obama is the lesser of two evils?

You're never going to find someone who your values totally align with.

You can find someone who doesn't align with your values enough to cost / benefit your choices.

Forum List

Back