Who are the Israelis?

RE: Who are the Israelis
⁜→ Shusha, et al,

Nationalist [political system of ideas (plural)] have competing interest. These interest are not uncommon. In this Discussion Group, we talk about the facets of "Nationalism" nearly every day in the form of autonomy and self-determination. Nationalism is neither black nor white. One of the most common interest is the focus on the duality of "self and family." The other interest is in the "progress and development" of the Nation. In the US we have an example:
God • Country • Family.png
◈ Israels political trend towards the extreme right is nothing new ...
◈ Politics in Israel is increasingly nationalist ...
❖ ... Are you claiming that the right to pray at holy places is political extremism?!?!?!
(COMMENT)

Nationalist are people who strongly connects with the nation → and → vigorously support their national interest. This is no less true of the Israelis. And the thread that binds the three elements (God, Country, Family) is intertwined for the strength of belief; with the shortest route and the strongest connection being the average of all three lengths; oddly enough being the same.

Nationalism is not • necessarily • a bad thing...

Most Respectfully,
R

Last edited:
Who are the Israeli’s....

They are a nation seemingly taking a hard right political, nationalistic and religious turn in recent times.

Check out this nice member of the “Hill Top Youth”.

Radical settler, ‘proud homophobe’ and wunderkind: Meet the new leader of Israel's far right

After entering the Knesset in 2015, Smotrich quickly made a name for himself as a media-savvy and effective voice on the far right, leading the battle to prevent the dismantling of the Amona outpostin the West Bank and advocating for the so-called “formalization bill” which would legalize the status of such outposts and the expansion of the settlements built on privately owned Palestinian land.

He grabbed headlines by declaring there is “no such thing as Jewish terrorism” after the 2016 firebombing in Duma, supporting segregation between Jewish and Arab women in hospital maternity wards, accusing “radical feminists” of infiltrating the Israeli military, and accusing the LGBT community of controlling the media. Forcefully advocating for a bill that would impose the death penalty, Smotrich said he would personally volunteer for the job of executioner.

In a wide-ranging interview with Haaretz’s Ravit Hecht in 2016, Smotrich laid out his clear and uncompromising vision, advocated “decisive action” to annex the West Bank, and that he makes distinction between the Areas A, B, and C as laid out in the Oslo Accords. Israeli sovereignty should be applied “in all of Judea and Samaria” and would “abort (Palestinian) hopes of establishing a state.” Any Palestinian who opposes Israeli sovereignty through any form of violence, including children throwing stones, he said, will be shot, jailed or expelled.

(however I am sure the non-exhistent Jewish Terrorists will have the freedom to continue their violence unhindered if he has his way)

You gotta love the hysteria over a "proud homophobe" of those who won't even utter a word about gays being actually executed in public under Palestinian law. Sometimes it seems the Israeli right is not extreme enough for the left's taste to be idealized, because if Smotrich was an Arab he'd be called a "moderate" and receive Nobel for peace.

• Freedom of expression for LGBT marches in Jerusalem is welcomed but not for those who want to protest? Not in Israel, the LGBT can march and Smotrich can say he wants sex to be a private thing for home and even express his disgust, mind You in our Knesset sit Islamists, people who describe our soldiers as terrorists, and even those who went on Marmara. If of all these Smotrich is the extremist, then Haaretz is no less an extremist publication, in fact the protest was called "the eagerness and humility", and Smotrich apologized for it, Haaretz didn't apologize for calling them beasts, they just look for the most grotesque ways to insult any conservative voice or the Haredi community as default neurosis.
  • He suggested segregation in hospitals was not racism, it definitely is in my opinion he should know better, and then it's only half truth, because that's not the only thing he said.

The article is full of false assumptions and half truths that it would take a full page to untangle all the madness and exaggeration. I'll try to be as short as I can, but first and foremost - MK Bezalel Smotrich is not Hiltop Youth because he is govt and his father's village in Judea was a govt project, Hiltop Youth are not, they're far from it as moon from sun.

As far as "Jewish terrorism" goes, Smotrich is correct it's all smoke and mirrors, especially when relied on Duma as we see the police admits flaws in investigation and clear evidence of the many occasions of fires being set among the Dawabshe clan at that period, none of which lead to where media would like real evidence to lead, all documented, no evidence a Jew did it. The whole "Jewish terror" craze is based on this incident, and since then tens of mostly vegan teenage rebel campers with guitars and Torah books have been portrayed as the worst and most violent people in the entire middle east, by local and foreign media, by certain people in the govt, and foremost by the entire international community. In fact their supposed "leaders" haven't been convicted of anything neither, just had their names smeared to appease the international public obsession...sorry their "opinion".

Then the whole thing about "private Palestinian land" and the formalization bill is a lip service, because it's the correct solution to a complicated issue of land registry that is entangled in 3-4 different legal systems that are anything but as black and white as "either state or private". There can be only claims and pieces of documents from periods of short rule, or total lack of them and nothing more than a claim of association to some 9th cousin who might have, or says he does, or reads from some NGO script that was financed by the international community that in the meantime makes sure to pressure Israel without giving any real evidence other than "because they say so and we can", or even acknowledging that there cannot be any reliable database, when survey is based on registry at times of great disturbances and periods of varied rule.
Given that power and opinions change, and governments can end up doing only half the job set forth, or totally contradict itself between different sets of parliament, causing mess, as seen in the disengagement and among those who are interested in having the ability to sell their property; the correct thing to do is to establish a mechanism, where regardless of parliament change, allows for alleged landowners to be compensated or provided with other viable alternatives. The other option is You get nada, not that I'm convinced Your 9th cousin bearing the same name as Your 11th grand-cousin who could barely sign their names weren't just landless falhas of the feudal Arab bourgeoisie who already sold it twice since the 30's, but I still want to make this gesture of generosity, in spite that my people lost much more.
What the bill eventually says is that Jews will AGAIN acquire the same slot of land for the 111th time, at a price higher than 100%. Not the first time we insist on paying more, when really we don't have to.
In essence the bill sets stage for the Emirates.

As for death penalty, it exists since establishment of the state, against treason at wartime and nazis, was implemented twice: once against a Jewish commander in 1948 by mistake, and Eichman.
In my opinion Shin Bet, instead of chasing young Judeans citizens of Israel, should go back to hunting down the Jihado-nazi brides who have set to murder every last Israeli between the river the the sea with all the govt backing and international funding and support.

By the way Jewish law is already part of most western countries jurisprudence, You just got used to accepting it as given. Accidentally.... It was always a part of Israeli jurisprudence, and the internationally accepted "G-d given rights" refers to our Hebrew books as well, so You teaching us about religion and state is a nice joke as well, shame on hypocrisy it never reached such heights.Take a seat back and watch, You might actually learn something new from the original source, again.

But who am I to suggest proportions, as I've already stated, for the Israel-haters it seems this position is not extremist enough to live by when we see what is acceptable and idolized by international community.

Last edited:
Bezalel Smotrich on reality VS. the pink glasses the Left wears

On Ari Fuld's Z"L HY"D channel:

Last edited:
Israels political trend towards the extreme right is nothing new to anyone who reads the news, here is a more complete article.

Politics in Israel is increasingly nationalist

I'm going to have to ask you for clarification on that one. MOST of that article is centered around the right of people to access and worship at their own holy sites. That is a basic, fundamental human right entrenched in international law, not to mention relevant treaties. Are you claiming that the right to pray at holy places is political extremism?!?!?!
No I am not. In fact that is one of the areas I agree with you on.

Unfortunately I have exceeded the quota for the Economist so I can’t read and excerpt from the article but here are some more:

Israel's New Friends in Right-Wing Places
Religion And Politics In Israel
Part 2: Shifts in Israel that Could Influence the West’s Approach to Israel and the Jewish People

Last edited:

They are a nation seemingly taking a hard right political, nationalistic and religious turn in recent times.

Radical settler, ‘proud homophobe’ and wunderkind: Meet the new leader of Israel's far right

After entering the Knesset in 2015, Smotrich quickly made a name for himself as a media-savvy and effective voice on the far right, leading the battle to prevent the dismantling of the Amona outpostin the West Bank and advocating for the so-called “formalization bill” which would legalize the status of such outposts and the expansion of the settlements built on privately owned Palestinian land.

He grabbed headlines by declaring there is “no such thing as Jewish terrorism” after the 2016 firebombing in Duma, supporting segregation between Jewish and Arab women in hospital maternity wards, accusing “radical feminists” of infiltrating the Israeli military, and accusing the LGBT community of controlling the media. Forcefully advocating for a bill that would impose the death penalty, Smotrich said he would personally volunteer for the job of executioner.

In a wide-ranging interview with Haaretz’s Ravit Hecht in 2016, Smotrich laid out his clear and uncompromising vision, advocated “decisive action” to annex the West Bank, and that he makes distinction between the Areas A, B, and C as laid out in the Oslo Accords. Israeli sovereignty should be applied “in all of Judea and Samaria” and would “abort (Palestinian) hopes of establishing a state.” Any Palestinian who opposes Israeli sovereignty through any form of violence, including children throwing stones, he said, will be shot, jailed or expelled.

(however I am sure the non-exhistent Jewish Terrorists will have the freedom to continue their violence unhindered if he has his way)

You gotta love the hysteria over a "proud homophobe" of those who won't even utter a word about gays being actually executed in public under Palestinian law. Sometimes it seems the Israeli right is not extreme enough for the left's taste to be idealized, because if Smotrich was an Arab he'd be called a "moderate" and receive Nobel for peace.

• Freedom of expression for LGBT marches in Jerusalem is welcomed but not for those who want to protest? Not in Israel, the LGBT can march and Smotrich can say he wants sex to be a private thing for home and even express his disgust, mind You in our Knesset sit Islamists, people who describe our soldiers as terrorists, and even those who went on Marmara. If of all these Smotrich is the extremist, then Haaretz is no less an extremist publication, in fact the protest was called "the eagerness and humility", and Smotrich apologized for it, Haaretz didn't apologize for calling them beasts, they just look for the most grotesque ways to insult any conservative voice or the Haredi community as default neurosis.
  • He suggested segregation in hospitals was not racism, it definitely is in my opinion he should know better, and then it's only half truth, because that's not the only thing he said.

The article is full of false assumptions and half truths that it would take a full page to untangle all the madness and exaggeration. I'll try to be as short as I can, but first and foremost - MK Bezalel Smotrich is not Hiltop Youth because he is govt and his father's village in Judea was a govt project, Hiltop Youth are not, they're far from it as moon from sun.

As far as "Jewish terrorism" goes, Smotrich is correct it's all smoke and mirrors, especially when relied on Duma as we see the police admits flaws in investigation and clear evidence of the many occasions of fires being set among the Dawabshe clan at that period, none of which lead to where media would like real evidence to lead, all documented, no evidence a Jew did it. The whole "Jewish terror" craze is based on this incident, and since then tens of mostly vegan teenage rebel campers with guitars and Torah books have been portrayed as the worst and most violent people in the entire middle east, by local and foreign media, by certain people in the govt, and foremost by the entire international community. In fact their supposed "leaders" haven't been convicted of anything neither, just had their names smeared to appease the international public obsession...sorry their "opinion".

Then the whole thing about "private Palestinian land" and the formalization bill is a lip service, because it's the correct solution to a complicated issue of land registry that is entangled in 3-4 different legal systems that are anything but as black and white as "either state or private". There can be only claims and pieces of documents from periods of short rule, or total lack of them and nothing more than a claim of association to some 9th cousin who might have, or says he does, or reads from some NGO script that was financed by the international community that in the meantime makes sure to pressure Israel without giving any real evidence other than "because they say so and we can", or even acknowledging that there cannot be any reliable database, when survey is based on registry at times of great disturbances and periods of varied rule.
Given that power and opinions change, and governments can end up doing only half the job set forth, or totally contradict itself between different sets of parliament, causing mess, as seen in the disengagement and among those who are interested in having the ability to sell their property; the correct thing to do is to establish a mechanism, where regardless of parliament change, allows for alleged landowners to be compensated or provided with other viable alternatives. The other option is You get nada, not that I'm convinced Your 9th cousin bearing the same name as Your 11th grand-cousin who could barely sign their names weren't just landless falhas of the feudal Arab bourgeoisie who already sold it twice since the 30's, but I still want to make this gesture of generosity, in spite that my people lost much more.
What the bill eventually says is that Jews will AGAIN acquire the same slot of land for the 111th time, at a price higher than 100%. Not the first time we insist on paying more, when really we don't have to.

As for death penalty, it exists since establishment of the state, against treason at wartime and nazis, was implemented twice: once against a Jewish commander in 1948 by mistake, and Eichman.
In my opinion Shin Bet, instead of chasing young Judeans citizens of Israel, should go back to hunting down the Jihado-nazi brides who have set to murder every last Israeli between the river the the sea with all the govt backing and international funding and support.

By the way Jewish law is already part of most western countries jurisprudence, You just got used to accepting it as given. Accidentally.... It was always a part of Israeli jurisprudence, and the internationally accepted "G-d given rights" refers to our Hebrew books as well, so You teaching us about religion and state is a nice joke as well, shame on hypocrisy it never reached such heights.Take a seat back and watch, You might actually learn something new from the original source, again.

But who am I to suggest proportions, as I've already stated, for the Israel-haters it seems this position is not extremist enough to live by when we see what is acceptable and idolized by international community.
Wow. It is amazing how you are able to excuse blatant terrorism like the Duma arsons which burned a family alive. Keep on making excuses for your own. It just makes the point that you are no different than those who excused the murders of the Fogels.

Wow. It is amazing how you are able to excuse blatant terrorism like the Duma arsons which burned a family alive. Keep on making excuses for your own. It just makes the point that you are no different than those who excused the murders of the Fogels.
I don't get it, You know this is not true and You still keep repeating it?
Seems like people obsessed with bashing Israel don't value integrity.

Last edited:
What a nice family...

bezalel smotrich Archives — Jewish Journal

In a Twitter post Tuesday, Bezalel Smotrich of the Jewish Home party said, “It’s natural that my wife wouldn’t want to lie down [in a bed] next to a woman who just gave birth to a baby who might want to murder her baby twenty years from now.”

Smotrich added that “Arabs are my enemies and that’s why I don’t enjoy being next to them.”

Soon after their posting, the tweets were criticized by party leader Naftali Bennett.

Smotrich’s tweets — an earlier one said his wife was “no racist” but objects to the post-birth celebrations by many Arab women — also prompted condemnation from other politicians. Abd al-Hakim Hajj Yahya of the Joint Arab List sent a letter to Knesset Speaker Yuli Edelstein calling Smotrich’s comments “racist incitement” and cause for immediate suspension from the Knesset.

Smotrich’s tweets came in response to an Israel Radio report revealing that some Israeli hospitals separate Arab and Jewish patients when requested.

According to the Times of Israel, Smotrich’s wife, Revital, later added to the controversy by telling Channel 10 that she had “kicked an Arab obstetrician out of the [delivery] room. I want Jewish hands to touch my baby, and I wasn’t comfortable lying in the same room with an Arab woman.

“I refuse to have an Arab midwife because for me giving birth is a Jewish and pure moment,” she said.

Bennett, Israel’s education minister, on Twitter quoted a passage from the Mishnah stating that “every human created in God’s image is favored,” adding that the text refers to “every human, Jewish or Arab.”

Bennett linked his tweet to a 2015 post in which he said, “In a hospital there is no significance to race, religion, skin color, sexual orientation or political views.

Opposition leader Isaac Herzog of Zionist Union condemned Smotrich on Facebook, according to The Jerusalem Post, saying the lawmaker “does not care if people get a taste of racism. A baby born is pure, he does not know hatred. He should get a hug, warmth and love from the first moments in the world. Not racism.”

What integrity?

Despite considerable evidence and convictions, you still refuse to admit that Jewish settlers are responsible for terrorist acts and violence against Palestinians. You then state that Shin Bet should not bother going after them.

What integrity?

Despite considerable evidence and convictions, you still refuse to admit that Jewish settlers are responsible for terrorist acts and violence against Palestinians. You then state that Shin Bet should not bother going after them.

Considerable evidence? Is it like when You bring up cases where people were not convicted and I point to the fact?

There're 52 cases of convictions of Jewish terrorists, who committed or attempted crime, all while there're about 1500 convictions of Arab terrorist on a yearly basis who're motivated by millions of $$ for each murder and backed by the media and the entire international community

Jihado-nazis is Shin Bet job, if an Israeli citizens is not about to commit a serious crime against the sovereignty of the state it should have no jurisdiction, that's the job of police, and from how it seems today both have become politicized.

You see that's Israel, I can criticize my govt, and I expect my security forces not to act against my citizens as they should do to enemies, least of all try to influence politics.

Last edited:

What integrity?

Considerable evidence? Is it like when You bring up cases where people were not convicted and I point to the fact?

There're 52 cases of convictions of Jewish terrorists, who committed or attempted crime, all while there're about 1500 convictions of Arab terrorist on a yearly basis who're motivated by millions of $$ for each murder and backed by the media and the entire international community

Jihado-nazis is Shin Bet job, if an Israeli citizens is not about to commit a serious crime against the sovereignty of the state it should have no jurisdiction, that's the job of police, and from how it seems today both have become unbearably politicized.

Has it ever occurred to you that justice isn’t so just and Arabs are much more likely to be convicted than Jews? Since they go under the military justice system, they are much more likely to take a plea deal to avoid lengthy incarceration while their case is adjudicated. Unlike Jews...they aren’t released pending the outcome of their case. Oh...and they are are subject to the same harsh interrogation methods that had you all in an uproar when applied to Jewish terrorists. When they are Jewish...they are just youths right? When they Arab they are terrorists. Makes no sense when they are accused of the same crimes.

If by unbearably politicized you mean Jewish terrorists get by with a slap on the wrist...ya, there is some truth in that.

What integrity?

Jihado-nazis is Shin Bet job, if an Israeli citizens is not about to commit a serious crime against the sovereignty of the state it should have no jurisdiction, that's the job of police, and from how it seems today both have become unbearably politicized.

Has it ever occurred to you that justice isn’t so just and Arabs are much more likely to be convicted than Jews? Since they go under the military justice system, they are much more likely to take a plea deal to avoid lengthy incarceration while their case is adjudicated. Unlike Jews...they aren’t released pending the outcome of their case. Oh...and they are are subject to the same harsh interrogation methods that had you all in an uproar when applied to Jewish terrorists. When they are Jewish...they are just youths right? When they Arab they are terrorists. Makes no sense when they are accused of the same crimes.

If by unbearably politicized you mean Jewish terrorists get by with a slap on the wrist...ya, there is some truth in that.

That's a lot of unmeasurable speculation in face of clear evidence and facts.
Some get millions from their government for murdering as much people as available, then some come and tell me I should compare it to a bunch of teenagers who haven't been convicted and call them enemies of my nation?!

Go shake a tree.

Boomerang's Weekly Terror Report [3rd-10th January 2019]

And why they will never prevail...

Jews are indigenous to Israel - The Jews and the Martinez Cobo UN definition

ARI FULD Z"L HY"D DESTROYS LEFT WINGER

Yeah nice anecdote, and I've got like 12 old looking keys I bought from ebay arriving tomorrow.
Should have thought better before attempting evict all Palestinian Jews from their holy cities.

I bet they were surprised after centuries the submissive Jews returned a favor leaving no debts

Last edited:
Israels political trend towards the extreme right is nothing new to anyone who reads the news, here is a more complete article.

Politics in Israel is increasingly nationalist

I'm going to have to ask you for clarification on that one. MOST of that article is centered around the right of people to access and worship at their own holy sites. That is a basic, fundamental human right entrenched in international law, not to mention relevant treaties. Are you claiming that the right to pray at holy places is political extremism?!?!?!
No I am not. In fact that is one of the areas I agree with you on.

Unfortunately I have exceeded the quota for the Economist so I can’t read and excerpt from the article but here are some more:

Israel's New Friends in Right-Wing Places
Religion And Politics In Israel
Part 2: Shifts in Israel that Could Influence the West’s Approach to Israel and the Jewish People

I don't have time to read those articles tonight. Busy day of stupid errands and realities tomorrow but will try to look at them when I can.

My concern is that we are re-defining common terms and understandings for Jews. Because... Jews. Simple things like praying at our holy sites (something Muslims are not condemned for) become "political extremism". Or "exerting (implied not earned) sovereignty".

Being able to worship as we desire at our holy sites should not be questioned, yes? It's a fundamental right.

I believe you when you say you agree with me respect to the freedom to practice religion. But, given that you agree that the right to practice region is a fundamental human right protected by international law, I wonder why you would post an article which posits that as "political". Or "extreme".

Forum List

Back