Who are Dems Fooling with this "Additional Revenues" Nonsense?

SwingVoter

VIP Member
Aug 30, 2008
Phoenix, Arizona
if you like higher taxes, then say that, calling them "additional revenues" or "revenue enhancements" is douchey and ridiculous

you don't hear those of us that favor spending cuts calling them "outlay reductions"

if you like higher taxes, then say that, calling them "additional revenues" or "revenue enhancements" is douchey and ridiculous

you don't hear those of us that favor spending cuts calling them "outlay reductions"

Well, they're not tax increases, so what would you call them? It's not like continuing the Bush tax cuts or not closing loopholes has dropped the unemployment rate, as the Republicans say it would. The new unemployment figures prove that they're just talking to their base and aren't really serious about cutting the deficit. The most ridiculous thing I heard was that closing loopholes would only be passed, if overall rates were cut to make it revenue neutral. That's like someone saying we'll only do spending cuts, only if there are increased expenditures in other areas!!!

One of the greatest things that happened in my lifetime is that Progressives losing their media monopoly.

There isn't a revenue problem, there is a spending problem.......

Considering that none of the spending cuts effect the top percentiles, what is the uber wealthy's sacrifice in righting the economy? What are the sacrifices of the large corporations, the banks and Wall Street? Anyone?
Why does the right hate Main Street America?
I'm all for Americans sacrificing to to right our economy and I'm referring to ALL AMERICANS.

Themselves. There has always been enough Revenue. Spending $14.5 Trillion more than they took in is all on them. I'm sick of the Democrats trying to scapegoat Taxpayers for their own corruption & incompetence. The Taxpayers didn't spend us into this $14.5 Trillion Debt Hell. The Government did that.

Themselves. There has always been enough Revenue. Spending $14.5 Trillion more than they took in is all on them. I'm sick of the Democrats trying to scapegoat Taxpayers for their own corruption & incompetence. The Taxpayers didn't spend us into this $14.5 Trillion Debt Hell. The Government did that.

If you were honest with yourself, you'd know that it wasn't just the Dems who are responsible for the 14.5 National Debt.
There is enough incompetence by both parties to go around.
My question is, what is the sacrifice that the wealthy, Corporate America, banks and Wall Street going to make to right the economic ship. If one looks at the proposed spending cuts,,none of those entities are effected.
If I'm wrong, please show me where I am wrong. I'm a big boy and never have a problem admitting I'm wrong.

If you were honest with yourself, you'd know that it wasn't just the Dems who are responsible for the 14.5 National Debt.
My question is, what is the sacrifice that the wealthy, Corporate America, banks and Wall Street going to make to right the economic ship. If one looks at the proposed spending cuts,,none of those entities are effected.
If I'm wrong, please show me where I am wrong. I'm a big boy and never have a problem admitting I'm wrong.

I don't blame the Taxpayers. They did nothing wrong. I blame the Government. And that's both Democrats and Republicans. Scapegoating Taxpayers for their awful mess is just wrong. It's their mess so they need to clean it up. And that's that.

"Outlay reductions" I like that. Good one.

Oh, for the record, I'm in favour of higher taxes. I want them back up to where they were in 2000.

Considering that none of the spending cuts effect the top percentiles, what is the uber wealthy's sacrifice in righting the economy? What are the sacrifices of the large corporations, the banks and Wall Street? Anyone?
I'm all for Americans sacrificing to to right our economy and I'm referring to ALL AMERICANS.

The Left pulls out this "sacrifice" shit whenever they want more money. It's either that or "investment." The gov't has never invested in anything successfully. Similarly "sacrifice" is a code for raising taxes on people with money.
I'll sacrifice things like mohair subsidies (I'm not making that up), the NEA, public broadcasting, planned parenthood, the John Murtha Airport, the Harry Reid Anything, and any other piece of shit vanity program, center or building that some douchebag politician snuck in in exchange for his vote, no matter which party.

"Outlay reductions" I like that. Good one.

Oh, for the record, I'm in favour of higher taxes. I want them back up to where they were in 2000.

Because Disability isn't taxed. Right?

I don't blame the Taxpayers. They did nothing wrong. I blame the Government. And that's both Democrats and Republicans. Scapegoating Taxpayers for their awful mess is just wrong. It's their mess so they need to clean it up. And that's that.

I agree,,,,I just think everyone must sacrifice withthe spending cuts,,everyone.

The Left pulls out this "sacrifice" shit whenever they want more money. It's either that or "investment." The gov't has never invested in anything successfully.

The government invested in a war against Germany and Japan a few decades ago. Perhaps you've heard of it.

One of the greatest things that happened in my lifetime is that Progressives losing their media monopoly.

yep..but they're are trying hard to get their hands on the Internet. we have to be vigilant.

I agree,,,,I just think everyone must sacrifice withthe spending cuts,,everyone.

According to Orrin Hatch (R) Utah, the poor need to pay their fair share.............

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmx_A4bth9g]YouTube - ‪Orrin Hatch: Revamp the tax code so poor people pay their fair share‬‏[/ame]

Forum List

Back