Who actually wants the south to rise again?

Do you support the south "rising again" to form the Confederacy?

• Total voters
Because I support breaking up the United States Federal Government and support the right of secession and self determination.

If a country was going to emerge based on following the Confederate Constitution, I would support it because that government would more likely be in line with the Founders of the United States.

Though I am not crazy about the Founding Fathers, would prefer living in a society with a decentralized republican form of government based on the principles of Federalism then what we have today.

A nation based on a small limited central government, non-interventionist foreign policy, small military, and natural rights is far better than the reverse, which is what we Americans suffer under.

History informs us that big unlimited centralized government is always bad for all the people, except the power elite. We Americans once knew this, but no longer.

Sounds like you would be right at home in South Africa these days since that is exactly what they have there right now.

America WAS exceptional when it was founded. Do you know why?

For the first time in human history, a nation was structured based on individual liberty, equality (not equality of outcome, which the Left demands today, but equality of opportunity), small controlled central government, and a firm belief in natural rights. No nation in history had ever offered it's people such freedom.

Regrettably America is reverting to the normal state of human affairs...rule by elites.

A nation based on a small limited central government, non-interventionist foreign policy, small military, and natural rights is far better than the reverse, which is what we Americans suffer under.

History informs us that big unlimited centralized government is always bad for all the people, except the power elite. We Americans once knew this, but no longer.

Sounds like you would be right at home in South Africa these days since that is exactly what they have there right now.

For the first time in human history, a nation was structured based on individual liberty, equality (not equality of outcome, which the Left demands today, but equality of opportunity), small controlled central government, and a firm belief in natural rights. No nation in history had ever offered it's people such freedom.

Regrettably America is reverting to the normal state of human affairs...rule by elites.

You are wrong that the "Left demands" "equality of outcome". Furthermore there is no "equality of opportunity" given that the deck is stacked against both the poor and the middle class these days.

As far as history is concerned you need to do some more research. The freedoms provided in the new South African Constitution exceed those of the US Constitution.

One possible ideal. I prefer to think of liberty and independence as being the bedrock of Americanism. The fact that we can all come up with different answers, however, indicates that the idea of being "anti-American" is meaningless.

If you want to divide the nation based on partisan ideals rather than universal ones then being "anti-American" is not meaningless at all.

It's too subjective to have any meaning.

Treason is anti-American or is that "too subjective to have any meaning" in your opinion?

Narrow it down to actual rights and is that also "too subjective to have any meaning"?

If you want to divide the nation based on partisan ideals rather than universal ones then being "anti-American" is not meaningless at all.

It's too subjective to have any meaning.

Treason is anti-American or is that "too subjective to have any meaning" in your opinion?

Narrow it down to actual rights and is that also "too subjective to have any meaning"?

Treason is defined as making war against the individual states, or aiding their enemies. It has nothing to do with the federal government. So no, there is an objective definition of what constitutes treason in the Constitution.

As for your second question, I don't really know what you're asking or how it relates to what we were discussing.

Is America a set of artificial borders on a map, or is it a set of values?

More of an ideal!

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free;
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless,
Tempest-tossed to me
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!​

One possible ideal. I prefer to think of liberty and independence as being the bedrock of Americanism. The fact that we can all come up with different answers, however, indicates that the idea of being "anti-American" is meaningless.

The hope for this country to break apart and be destroyed IS anti-American, and anything but meaningless, except to the haters of what it stands for. Al Qaeda says they want liberty and independence too. Yours is the same.

It's time to take an official USMB headcount on this issue. So here's exactly what I'm asking:

Do you wish the Confederate States of America had won the Civil War?

Do you hope that the south secedes and once again reestablishes the Confederate States of America?

What I am not asking:

Your position on slavery.

Your position on Abraham Lincoln or his policies.

Your position on secession.

So I'm basically asking whether you have some kind of attachment to the government that called itself the Confederate States of America, and whether you would like to see it reestablished.
Just Texas....they should secede already.

It's time to take an official USMB headcount on this issue. So here's exactly what I'm asking:

Do you wish the Confederate States of America had won the Civil War?

Do you hope that the south secedes and once again reestablishes the Confederate States of America?

What I am not asking:

Your position on slavery.

Your position on Abraham Lincoln or his policies.

Your position on secession.

So I'm basically asking whether you have some kind of attachment to the government that called itself the Confederate States of America, and whether you would like to see it reestablished.
Just Texas....they should secede already.

The always wanted to be the LONE star state! :D

The place is going to go the route of Yugoslavia at some point. Seems inevitable. Do you want to live under that disgusting U.S. flag of oppression that has slaughtered millions over the last 65 or so years or do you want you children do you want to save your son's and daughters from a military fool's errand?

I say daughters because it's only a matter of time before some feminist bitch launches a campaign to get women in the selective service.

The U.S is a sick joke that is in it's death throes but most of the morons that inhabit this place are oblivious. May God DAMN the United States.

You don't live here anymore, right?

More of an ideal!

The hope for this country to break apart and be destroyed IS anti-American, and anything but meaningless, except to the haters of what it stands for. Al Qaeda says they want liberty and independence too. Yours is the same.

Yes, al-Qaeda is big into property rights.

Bootlicker NLT says: "Seawytch, Bodey and Luissa make me wish we had sharia law in the US."

All cons want that kind of liberty. They just want to call it "evangelical" law.

Yeah, what they say and the truth are two different things, like you.

Yeah, what they say and the truth are two different things, like you.

What do I say? I don't know you, so I doubt you know much about me.

You are wrong that the "Left demands" "equality of outcome". Furthermore there is no "equality of opportunity" given that the deck is stacked against both the poor and the middle class these days.

As far as history is concerned you need to do some more research. The freedoms provided in the new South African Constitution exceed those of the US Constitution.

One of the main tenants of Leftism IS equality of outcomes, but it is a big lie. Leftism only leads to elitism and inequality.

And yes, we agree that there is no equality of opportunity today. That is what I am stating. This is because America is about cronyism...we have a kleptocracy today.

One of the main tenants of Leftism IS equality of outcomes, but it is a big lie. Leftism only leads to elitism and inequality.

And yes, we agree that there is no equality of opportunity today. That is what I am stating. This is because America is about cronyism...we have a kleptocracy today.

:link:

So for all the talk of "neoconfederates" and other such nonsense that goes on on this board what we have is six people who actually wish the Confederacy had won the Civil War, or that hope that the Confederate government is reformed.

The next time somebody starts using nonsense terms like "neoconfederate" your best bet is to just link them to this thread.

:link:

Damn...I thought EVERYONE knew equality of outcomes is a main tenet of leftism.

All you have to do you is search Google, but I did it for you.

This from wikipedia.
Far-left politics
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

See also: Ultra-leftism, Hard left, and Radical left

The far left (also known as the extreme left) refers to the highest degree of leftism in left-wing politics. The far left seeks equality of outcome and the dismantlement of all forms of social stratification.[1] Far leftists seek to abolish all forms of hierarchy, particularly the inequitable distribution of wealth and power.[1] The far left seeks a society in which everyone is provided equal economic and social opportunities, and no one has excessive wealth or power over others.[1]

So for all the talk of "neoconfederates" and other such nonsense that goes on on this board what we have is six people who actually wish the Confederacy had won the Civil War, or that hope that the Confederate government is reformed.

The next time somebody starts using nonsense terms like "neoconfederate" your best bet is to just link them to this thread.

Agreed. The term is usually used by those who believe Dishonest Abe was a saint. It is used to denigrate anyone who disagrees with Lincoln's war.

Forum List

Back