Whitney Houston Died

yes, that song was released in 1989. but, no, whitney wasn't far gone in 1989, not even a little bit. "I'm Your Baby Tonight" came out in 1990 and that was when she was at the top of her game. it wasn't til after she married Bobby Brown in 1992 that she fell apart visibly.

Yes and that idiot is still kicking, although he isn't well either. Too bad.

"For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required". Neither of them felt even a little bit of responsibility.

probably true. she had so much opportunity.i just read that she was named the most "awarded" female of all time by the guiness book.

Wow. That is surprising. I wonder if she had mental issues like depression or bi polar that wasn't diagnosed. It is so pathetic the way she turned out. Her music was timeless but I'm sure she spent everything she made from it.

the girl was ghetto....before bobby brown...

the evil that man does lives after him.....

she was like some evil thing with a golden voice...so much for karma...she neglected her kids....i do feel sorry for them....i mean if she wasnt a voice or a so called star.....would you people notice her on the streets...she would be toothless....you do realize she wore dentures? i mean take her damn false teeth away and her weaves/wigs whatever and you got a crack ho.

the girl was ghetto....before bobby brown...

the evil that man does lives after him.....

she was like some evil thing with a golden voice...so much for karma...she neglected her kids....i do feel sorry for them....i mean if she wasnt a voice or a so called star.....would you people notice her on the streets...she would be toothless....you do realize she wore dentures? i mean take her damn false teeth away and her weaves/wigs whatever and you got a crack ho.

I bet Bobby Brown's death is not far behind...

Such a terrible loss that no one had them in the Death Pool! :eusa_eh:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/general-discussion/195398-dead-pool-2012-a-2.html#post4800626

What is sad, really sad, is that the people who were with her in the last day or so took her drinking and drug use as evidence of being happy and if not healthy, then in good condition.

Just another dead drug addicted musical artist. When will they ever learn?

There are a number of them who did not go down the rabbit hole of drugs and are still great.

Yes, they do. It often looks unexplainable. Most of my adult life, I've said if I ever reached a place where I had no thing to lose, I would give those things a try and see what is so great about them. I have reached that place of having nothing to lose, and isn't it amazing, I don't even want to give any of those things a try. Right now, I want every day I can have, whole and unwasted. I can't see those things as anything but a waste.

I've worked psychiatry for 22 years and I have had many like her in my practice. They are tortured by something, and they have demons at the door every day. No doubt she did as well, even though we may never know what they are. The famous ones who do this are just like the others in that respect. The only difference is they have the money to afford their 'escape' whatever form that takes and sometimes it takes a lethal form. I've had those patients as well, grown children of the very wealthy for whom getting the next 'fix' is not impeded by finances. They are tormented and anguished souls, and never come to terms with their inner fiend. Most never make anything of their lives. But with a God given talent like Houston had, we never really piece the waste together in our own minds.

Last edited:
What is sad, really sad, is that the people who were with her in the last day or so took her drinking and drug use as evidence of being happy and if not healthy, then in good condition.

Makes ya wonder what kind of a life she would have had ...had she not had this great singing voice.

She would probably still be alive and married with lots of kids and grandkids. One doesn't have to be smart to be happy.. Ya kinda have to be smart to step into the hurricane of public adoration and the wealth heaped onto the lucky singers with pleasing voices.

In her case her "gift" was a curse.

And that song was what 1989? If that's true it's kind of amazing Whitney made it this long.

yes, that song was released in 1989. but, no, whitney wasn't far gone in 1989, not even a little bit. "I'm Your Baby Tonight" came out in 1990 and that was when she was at the top of her game. it wasn't til after she married Bobby Brown in 1992 that she fell apart visibly.

There was a reason she was drawn to Brown. And they didn't meet one day and marry the next. She did very little work after her association with him. She did a few motion pictures, but did not release a new album for 8 years. With her abilities, not doing an album every couple of years would have been unheard of. Her contemporary Dan Fogelberg put out a new album or he was on tour every two years or so like clockwork. I only missed one of his concerts in 20 years. He was in Nashville every other year for that long. And I got to see him at the Ryman. Of course the work that went into 'I'm Your Baby Tonight' didn't happen over night. She would have been well into the planning of it before she hooked up with Brown. Those of us who really liked her couldn't figure out in those days why she was letting people like Natalie Cole and Mariah Carey bump her off they way they did. We soon learned.

Still, the choices were her own and we will never really understand what led her down so destructive a path.

Last edited:

Makes ya wonder what kind of a life she would have had ...had she not had this great singing voice.

She would probably still be alive and married with lots of kids and grandkids. One doesn't have to be smart to be happy.. Ya kinda have to be smart to step into the hurricane of public adoration and the wealth heaped onto the lucky singers with pleasing voices.

In her case her "gift" was a curse.

As much of a disaster as the last years of her life were, I find it amazing she did as much as she did.

Bobby Brown was pretty amazing for awhile. He didn't have a great voice but he was electric. He drove her insane with all of his cheating. I recall them having very public fights and breakups.

Who knows which of them were crazier but they both got into drugs and into dependency on each other. Both in a black hole but I think in the end it was him trying to take care of her.

Bobby Brown was pretty amazing for awhile. He didn't have a great voice but he was electric. He drove her insane with all of his cheating. I recall them having very public fights and breakups.

Who knows which of them were crazier but they both got into drugs and into dependency on each other. Both in a black hole but I think in the end it was him trying to take care of her.

A healthy person who could afford to get out wouldn't have put up with it.

Sorry bout that,

1. You know what I have been teaching everyone about what rap music will do to you right?
2. This is more evidence that supports my case, Bobby Brown is a rapper, and I blame him for what has taken place with Whitney Houston, he ruined her, she was slumming when she hooked up with him, and she lowered herself when she married him, thats where her life went *OFF TRACK*.
3. Be careful who you marry, never marry a rapper or rap artist or a person who listens to rap. *PERIOD*!!!!
4. Its nothing but *GUTTER MUSIC* and will assure your arrival in the *GUTTER*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1. You know what I have been teaching everyone about what rap music will do to you right?
2. This is more evidence that supports my case, Bobby Brown is a rapper, and I blame him for what has taken place with Whitney Houston, he ruined her, she was slumming when she hooked up with him, and she lowered herself when she married him, thats where her life went *OFF TRACK*.
3. Be careful who you marry, never marry a rapper or rap artist or a person who listens to rap. *PERIOD*!!!!
4. Its nothing but *GUTTER MUSIC* and will assure your arrival in the *GUTTER*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Marrying anyone who is a 'rock star' can produce a potentially disastrous outcome. Ask th 13 year old who married Jerry Lee Lewis. (You get a sense of the tawdriness of that in the movie Great Balls of Fire.) Or the string of women Fogelberg hooked up with. They have the world at their feet, and that includes pretty much any partner of their choosing. But in this case, Whitney was a rock star in her own right -pretty much a recipe for disaster.

Last edited:
Just another dead drug addicted musical artist. When will they ever learn?

Have a little sympathy man. You can't relate? I can I've seen many good people get caught up in that shit, she was a great talent and her family and friends must be devastated.

I have no sympathy for somebody like her. She had the means and the talents to do anything in life she wanted to do. She could have been a wonderful role model and done lots of good things to help others. So, what does she do? She lead a life of booze and drugs which eventually was her downfall. I do feel remorse for her family and friends but in the whole scope of things, she wasted her life and there is nothing or nobody to blame except herself. She made the bad choices. Nobody else made those choices for her.

Forum List

Back