BREAKING: Shooting at Joel Osteen's megachurch

It has nothing to do with Jesus, except in your warped bigoted brain.
Osteen let one person with a long gun into his church already. Not that Osteen was trustworthy to begin with. Now he has blood on his hands.

Churches have excluded gays or been less receptive because homosexuality is against biblical teachings both old and New Testament. It’s not a personal thing, it’s considered a sin. My church rejects homosexuality as a sin but doesn’t reject the homosexual. We all have sin’s. That said you won’t see any form of sin being elevated into acceptance this includes homosexuality,adultery,coveting lying, cursing,greed,murder,dishonoring your parents etc. Bible says it’s wrong, it’s wrong, end of story.

Now why churches differ that’s a whole different ball of wax. You do have some Christian churches that accept gays. It depends on several things. How closely they follow the Bible. Whether they feel the scripture is the unerring word of God or God inspired. Unerring is a very literal interpretation because God wrote it and doesn’t make mistakes whereas God inspired allows for fallible human mistakes or opinion to get into the scriptures on what was received.

Actually most Christian churches are a combination of the two. Women are supposed to cover their heads but rarely do. Women aren’t supposed to speak in church but often do. 🤷‍♀️

It also depends on interpretation of what’s being read. I.E. Men should not dress as women and women should not dress as men. Some churches take this to mean women wear dresses and men pants. That overly simple interpretation doesn’t work. In some cultures both men and women wear pants, skirts or robes. IMHO It means you should be able to tell men apart from women. I should be identifiable as a woman at all times. I wear flannel shirts but with pin-tucking, feminine cut or colors no straight man would ever wear. You can tell I’m female.

The facets on all religion can be tricky even if they have the same foundation. The key is to read the Bible, know what’s in it and stay in tune to the Holy Spirit. Listen to others but think for yourself because on judgement day you stand alone. Only you answer for yourself, your pastor won’t be beside you. Your pastor is human and can be sincere but he can also be sincerely wrong. Personally I don’t recall any of my pastor ever preaching politics as gospel. I’ve heard them express opinion privately but not from the pulpit like not voting for Trump is like voting for the devil. C’mon now🙄. Trumps no saint for sure but in the end it’s always voting for the lesser of two evils.
So you try to justify your exclusion and hatefulness to gays. That kinda nullifies the claim of open and welcoming that I was responding to. It's way past the point where christianity can claim to be anywhere near the loving accepting church Jesus spoke of.

Claiming you aren't as bad as Muslims might be one way to go, but you still have to admit your own hateful and unChristlike behavior.

Yeah, here's the problem with that. I find it hard to believe that 99% of the time, when you gun wankers finally get a chance to legitimately murder a darkie... I mean a "criminal", that most of you can contain yourselves.
No here's the problem your myth that you push as fact is based on a fabrication of data taken. You've been pushing a lie.

A whole bunch of stuff... salary, poverty rates, crime rates.

I'm guessing, Chicago will come out a lot better.

But since you are hiding it like Trump's Tax records, you know this, too.

What does average salary mean if you don't take into consideration the cost of living, including taxes, etc.? You would live like a king on your salary in some other countries, but live very, very modestly in Manhattan.

As far as poverty and crime rates, you don't want to do that comparison with my town. You can believe what you will, but I can pick a random town in the South that would be most equivalent to mine and Chicago will not compare favorably.

So you try to justify your exclusion and hatefulness to gays. That kinda nullifies the claim of open and welcoming that I was responding to. It's way past the point where christianity can claim to be anywhere near the loving accepting church Jesus spoke of.
You somehow think you are the good guys. You can kill evil. You cannot murder.

What does average salary mean if you don't take into consideration the cost of living, including taxes, etc.? You would live like a king on your salary in some other countries, but live very, very modestly in Manhattan.

As far as poverty and crime rates, you don't want to do that comparison with my town. You can believe what you will, but I can pick a random town in the South that would be most equivalent to mine and Chicago will not compare favorably.

Then why not just say what metro area you live in, Cleetus, instead of cherry-picking some random town?

The South would be a third world country if it wasn't part of the US. Fact.

Forum List

Back