Houston Crime: Family Dollar store clerk shoots accused shoplifter 15 times, sentenced to 35 years

horselightning

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2013

mexican dude shot the black dude for stealing from him;./ looks like both of them got there dues. dude was robbing the wrong guy in houston.

argument turned into a physical fight as Odom tried to go out the front door, which an employee locked to keep him from leaving. The fight continued as the two men scuffled on the floor as Odom tried to leave.

Officials say the video surveillance showed that Batres pulled a semi-automatic firearm on Odom during the fight, after which he emptied his pockets and returned the motor oil. After the front doors were unlocked, Odom left the store.

As he was walking away, Batres followed him out and shot him in the back on the sidewalk in front of the store, according to authorities.

The first shot caused Odom to turn around and Batres unloaded a total of 12 shots, hitting Odom in his arms, legs and torso as he raised his arms to defend himself.

You can't shoot someone just because you're pissed off at them!:cuckoo:

mexican dude shot the black dude for stealing from him;./ looks like both of them got there dues. dude was robbing the wrong guy in houston.
If he was allowed to walk out the door, without stolen merchandise, 23 year-old Batres simply decided to go outside and murder the hell out of him, so now doing his next 35 years in prison. I guess he may be 58 when he gets out, with nothing but convenience store clerking and prison on his resume. Sucks to be him, but his choice. I wonder if he will think it was worth it? But, hey! He got the store motor oil back, before he went nuts. Maybe the store will hire him back?;)

I wonder if the worker still would've been charged if the guy had been shot once or twice.

God bless you and the victim's family always!!!

Holly

lol…two bullshit statements in one paragraph.

Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg said."Gun violence in Harris County is out of control because of situations like this in which someone thinks they can take a life because they are mad," Ogg said. "The victim in this case had a family and was loved, and he should still be with us today."

It's all in the eyes.

Always...

FQtr47sXwAgg7rz.jpg

Give a sociopath a gun and all a sudden he wants to be a cowboy.

Don't feel sorry for either one. This is going to get a lot more common as the two 'minorities' conduct a civil war with each other, courtesy of Biden and his fellow Democrats.

Probably because shooting someone in the back is not lawful, not even for the police with very few exceptions.
A cop up in North Charleston, SC learned that a few years back. He shot a runner several times in the back. The runner's offense? Delinquent child support or alimony.

Actually 'street justice' demands they kill each other over such minor things; it's about 'respect', and it is not unlikely the thief would come back with friends and do the clerk in if allowed to leave. don't know where this store was located, but I would bet it was in Gangland. I would bet threats were made and taken seriously, as they should have been. This is what anarchy promotes.

I wonder if the worker still would've been charged if the guy had been shot once or twice.

Holly
In the back after the altercation had ended and he was allowed to leave?

It would still have been murder.

If he was allowed to walk out the door, without stolen merchandise, 23 year-old Batres simply decided to go outside and murder the hell out of him, so now doing his next 35 years in prison. I guess he may be 58 when he gets out, with nothing but convenience store clerking and prison on his resume. Sucks to be him, but his choice. I wonder if he will think it was worth it? But, hey! He got the store motor oil back, before he went nuts. Maybe the store will hire him back?;)
Of course Batres was wrong and deserves to go to prison

There is a lot of crime in the hood and it often leads to violence

The legal system needs to take stronger action against criminals so that private citizens wont take the law in their own hands

Need that stuff that bad? Then take it. As an employee that'd be my mantra. Not my job to be a security worker and floor worker.

Holly
In most states you have the right to defend yourself from an attacker who intends to put you in the hospital for an extended time or six feet under and has to ability and/or weapons to do so.

Once the attack ends, you no longer have any reason to continue to defend yourself. If he is incapacitated on the ground you can’t legally execute him. If the attacker runs and you chase him then he has the right to defend himself from the threat you pose to his life or health.

If the attacker runs and you chase him then he has the right to defend himself from the threat you pose to his life or health.
Lets not forget that a criminal contributed to his own death by stealing from the store

Forum List

Back