Whites Stayed Home and Re-Elected Obama

His Mormonism played little part in the election. The only ones that would be deterred because of that lie firmly with Republicans anyway.

To be fair, I usually vote Republican, but Mitt's Mormonism is what turned me off.

I really despise Mormonism, a religion built on lies (As opposed to the rest of them, built on ignorance.)

It didn't have any effect because no one talked about how batshit crazy Mormons are. The Media avoided it, Obama avoided it, Romney avoided it.

Yikes.

I don't think it's that bad.

Find yourself locked into an Army Camp for six weeks with a bunch of them... never before have I met a bunch of more backstabbing cocksuckers in my life.

If it is just up to GOP voters, you will never win an election. You must also get a fair share of the independents. And, if you continue to shove moderate Republicans out of the tent, you won't even get all the GOP votes.
10 million voters stayed home this time around, dumbshit.

Those people are the margin of victory, so much more so than the "independents" and "moderates" that the conventional wisdom nose pickers like you blabber on so much about.

I think your numbers are wrong.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...1oWE1jOFZRbnhJZkZpVFNKeVE&toomany=true#gid=19

Total votes cast are only 3 million less than were cast in 2008. Which is a downturn, except when you stop to consider that there were 24 million more votes cast in 2008 than there were in 2000.

Obama took the worst of it, as you might expect. He got 4 million less votes than he did in 2008, which SHOULD have been an oppurtunity for the Weird Mormon Robot, but it wasn't. Romney got a little more than half a million more than McCain did.

The big jump was in Third Party voters- 2.2 million opposed to 600K in 2008.

The thing is, the 3 million who stayed home mostly stayed home in non-swing states. Swing states that were never in serious contention and neither candidate spent any real money.

In the twelve "Swing states", voter participation was UP in nine of them. (And that's being generous and counting PA and MI as Swing States when they really weren't. Voting was down in those.)

Again, GOP, the Electoral College is not your friend. You guys need to put on your big boy pants, admit Dubya Bush was a huge mistake, and start advocating that we directly elect presidents.

Like Moderate Juan McCain, Romney decided he could alienate the Conservative base of the the Republican Party
And two million more of them stayed home this time around.

The pundits who tell us that the "moderates" decide elections are full of shit...It's the people who stay home who decide them.

Those who stayed home were moderate Republicans.

Those who stayed home were voters in Non-Swing States who figured their votes weren't going to count, anyway.

If the republicans ever got smart and ran a TRUE, hard core conservative, the libroids would get a SHALACKING, as the kenyan would say, that they'd never forget.

You fucking libtards aping this libroid fairly tale about conservatives losing because they're conservative is a one, massive line of HORSE SHIT.

Oh please do go with that in 2016. :badgrin:

Like Moderate Juan McCain, Romney decided he could alienate the Conservative base of the the Republican Party
And two million more of them stayed home this time around.

The pundits who tell us that the "moderates" decide elections are full of shit...It's the people who stay home who decide them.

Those who stayed home were moderate Republicans.
Those who stayed home were the Ron Paul and Santorum voters, who got completely fucked over at the RNC....You couldn't get more squishy and "moderate" than Vinnie Vitalis the shoe salesman.

how many Rs passed away between 2008 and 2012?

that may be where your portion of the 7 million whites who didnt show up this election went.

Guess what next election even more of your voters will have passed away and your are not gaining new ones.

can you say dinos on a tar pit

BTW dick morris was dead wrong about this election.

keep lapping up failed peoples ideas.

Dick Morris trying to cover his ass for claiming Romney would pull 370 electoral votes?

Why is this worthy of a thread?

Dick Morris: Romney will win in a 'landslide' | Interviews | The O'Reilly Factor

So you, I'm sure, repudiate the "New York Times" poll?

DICK MORRIS, FOX NEWS POLITICAL ANALYST: Yes. And let me go through the numbers because it's important for people to get in.

In Florida, the "Times" says Obama is going to win by one. But their sample has seven points more Democrats than Republicans. Pollster John McLaughlin and I went through the actual results of the last four elections and on average the Republicans had one percent more than the Democrats. So that poll is off by a factor of eight. So instead of Obama winning by one, Romney would win Florida by seven.

In Ohio, Obama is shown as winning by five in the "Times" poll. But they had eight points more Democrats than Republicans. And historically there were only two points more D's than R's. So that's 6 points off. So, instead of Romney losing by five, he wins Ohio by one.

And in Virginia they have Obama winning by two. But they have eight points more Democrats than Republicans and historically there is one point more Republican than Democrat. That's off by a factor of 9. Romney wins Virginia by seven.

O'REILLY: All right. That's pretty much what Rove did on his little board.

Astute political analysis by Morris and Rove. Obviously assuming that Republicans attempts to suppress the black and hispanic vote would work

Last edited:
Now that all the data is in, the fundamental reason for Mitt Romney’s defeat is apparent, if largely unreported. It is not just that blacks, Latinos and single women showed up in record numbers at the polls. It’s that whites didn’t. The final numbers suggest that 91.6 million votes were cast by whites — seven million less than the 98.6 million cast in 2008! Meanwhile, 16.6 million blacks voted, 300,000 more than in 2008 and 11 million Latinos voted, 1.7 million more votes than were cast by Hispanics in 2008. We lost ...more at

At some point, soon, ‘white turnout’ will become moot.

America is becoming more sophisticated, more in tune with civil liberties and personal freedom, more diverse socially, racially, culturally, sexually, and religiously – including increasing numbers of those free from faith and believers who don’t belong to organized religions.

In essence, American society is advancing, leaving the GOP behind, the social conservative ‘message’ no longer relevant.

Interestingly, as we become more "sophisticated and diverse", our economy slides deeper into the shitter, our bond ratings fall, our superpower status disappears, and we come out somewhere next to Brazil on the social indicators list.

In other words, America sinks to Third World status.

Real great.

Dick Morris foolishly assumes that the 7 million whites who didn't vote would all have cast their votes for Romney.

Even Fox is distancing themselves from that toe sucker. Him and Rove.

Dick Morris was wrong about EVERYTHING again. He said it would be a Romney landslide. He was as wrong as Dr. House.

Let's give credit where it is due.. HouseGimp scurried/slithered off with his tail between his legs...Smart move!

:D

Forum List

Back