Whites Stayed Home and Re-Elected Obama

Yes. If the GOP only nominated someone who was severely conservative, they would have gotten all those lazy assed white people to the polls.

That is the ticket. Nominate Grover Norquist and sail to a landslide victory!

Romney lost mostly for the same reason McCain did... bad running mate choice.

Palin was an idiot.

Ryan was a tool.

by Dick Morris
Now that all the data is in, the fundamental reason for Mitt Romney’s defeat is apparent, if largely unreported. It is not just that blacks, Latinos and single women showed up in record numbers at the polls. It’s that whites didn’t. The final numbers suggest that 91.6 million votes were cast by whites — seven million less than the 98.6 million cast in 2008! Meanwhile, 16.6 million blacks voted, 300,000 more than in 2008 and 11 million Latinos voted, 1.7 million more votes than were cast by Hispanics in 2008. We lost ...more at
Whites Stayed Home and Re-Elected Obama | Right Wing News

This really isn't “news” as all too many of us saw it coming. Romney's campaign gurus took the white vote for granted and spent too much time reaching out to those who weren't going to vote for him anyway. When one thinks about it – a little over 50% of eligible voters bothered to register and a little over that 50% even bothered to go to the polls! What does that say about us as a nation?

:confused:

I said this would happen from the beginning. Many white Republicans did not vote because they disagreed with the far right tilt the party has taken. While I am in that group, I actually moved over to the Dems and voted Democrat this time, but many just stayed home. If Republicans continue to think that the reason they lost is because they weren't conservative enough, they should think again.
Horse shit. Romney was no true conservative and the conservatives stayed home and he lost. No big shocker there. If the republicans ever got smart and ran a TRUE, hard core conservative, the libroids would get a SHALACKING, as the kenyan would say, that they'd never forget.

You fucking libtards aping this libroid fairly tale about conservatives losing because they're conservative is a one, massive line of HORSE SHIT.

by Dick Morris

This really isn't “news” as all too many of us saw it coming. Romney's campaign gurus took the white vote for granted and spent too much time reaching out to those who weren't going to vote for him anyway. When one thinks about it – a little over 50% of eligible voters bothered to register and a little over that 50% even bothered to go to the polls! What does that say about us as a nation?

I said this would happen from the beginning. Many white Republicans did not vote because they disagreed with the far right tilt the party has taken. While I am in that group, I actually moved over to the Dems and voted Democrat this time, but many just stayed home. If Republicans continue to think that the reason they lost is because they weren't conservative enough, they should think again.
Horse shit. Romney was no true conservative and the conservatives stayed home and he lost. No big shocker there. If the republicans ever got smart and ran a TRUE, hard core conservative, the libroids would get a SHALACKING, as the kenyan would say, that they'd never forget.

You fucking libtards aping this libroid fairly tale about conservatives losing because they're conservative is a one, massive line of HORSE SHIT.

Who in your feeble mind would've been a desirable nominee?

Here's why Obama won. People are starting to figure this out... one Red State at a time.

Remember FLA used to be RED.

68604_567874963239155_1062370271_n.jpg

by Dick Morris
Now that all the data is in, the fundamental reason for Mitt Romney’s defeat is apparent, if largely unreported. It is not just that blacks, Latinos and single women showed up in record numbers at the polls. It’s that whites didn’t. The final numbers suggest that 91.6 million votes were cast by whites — seven million less than the 98.6 million cast in 2008! Meanwhile, 16.6 million blacks voted, 300,000 more than in 2008 and 11 million Latinos voted, 1.7 million more votes than were cast by Hispanics in 2008. We lost ...more at

I find it amusing that after spewing out months of bullshit about why Romney was going to win, the Toe-Sucker now has to tell us why he lost.

Here's the problem with the "White People didn't show up" theory of 2012. They were never really the GOP's to have.

Romney got a marginal 600,000 more votes than McCain did. Obama got 4 million less votes than he did in 2008, but MOST of that dropoff was in states that weren't really in contention. In the ten "Swing States" voter participation was up.

So, yeah, White folks who voted for Obama in 2008 didn't show up for him in 2012, because they figured their votes weren't going to matter all that much anyway. And to a degree, they were right. The electoral college gives the Democrat a huge advantage.

Romney was out there blowing every racial dog-whistle he could find. It still didn't work.

Romney was not popular because he was moderate Mormon and rich. The kiss of death for successful charity giving men.

His Mormonism played little part in the election. The only ones that would be deterred because of that lie firmly with Republicans anyway.

To be fair, I usually vote Republican, but Mitt's Mormonism is what turned me off.

I really despise Mormonism, a religion built on lies (As opposed to the rest of them, built on ignorance.)

It didn't have any effect because no one talked about how batshit crazy Mormons are. The Media avoided it, Obama avoided it, Romney avoided it.

by Dick Morris

Tell you what. Just run Bachman or Ryan in 2016. See what it gets you.:badgrin:

by Dick Morris

Good plan: keep trying to appeal to the smallest group of voters possible.

The 2012 disaster for republicans wasn’t all Romney’s fault, it was a Team GOP fail.

The last thing you need are more ‘TRUE, hard core conservatives’ whining about legitimate rape and pregnancy from rape being ‘god’s will.’

Ah, but they know the way to victory. Now they have added disable Vets and Native American Women to people whose votes they do not need. What a winning strategy, GOP.

Romney was not popular because he was moderate Mormon and rich. The kiss of death for successful charity giving men.

His Mormonism played little part in the election. The only ones that would be deterred because of that lie firmly with Republicans anyway.

To be fair, I usually vote Republican, but Mitt's Mormonism is what turned me off.

I really despise Mormonism, a religion built on lies (As opposed to the rest of them, built on ignorance.)

It didn't have any effect because no one talked about how batshit crazy Mormons are. The Media avoided it, Obama avoided it, Romney avoided it.

Yikes.

I don't think it's that bad.

Romney lost mostly for the same reason McCain did... bad running mate choice.

Palin was an idiot.

Ryan was a tool.

A tool who is/was willing to do anything to gain power including throwing his hero- Ayn Rand under the bus when it meant catholic votes.

Forum List

Back