Whites seems to be fixated by Blacks on this Forum,Blacks this Blacks That!?

If you need me to provide you proof of historical occurences such as the extermination of the native american, the opium wars, Apartheid in south africa, the "Final Solution", or Jim crow then you testify to the failure of the American educational system created and run by whites. All the above facts can be found in any textbook or any book on history in any library or bookstore. You'd have to dig a little deeper for the truths concerning slavery or the FBI's counter-intelligence program, which can be found via google search. I'm disinclined to believe that most whites really want to know any of this.

I want you to provide proof of your entire diatribe and you can begin by proving where my ancestors originated. Then go from there.

Therein lies the problem my friend. There is no evidence of a land that your people are indigenous to. The term "caucasian" was invented by a white scientist (Johan Friedrich blumenbach) because the whites in this area were considered by him to be the most beautiful. In actuality, the reason for this terminology is that this is the direction they came from when they descended upon the areas of civilization, with the exception of the Gutians. There are no temples, monuments, literature, or any evidence of civilization in the supposed area that they left behind, the first work of indo-european writing does not appear until the 9th century BC. The caucasian first appears in history as the Gutian horde (2150BC) credited with the destruction of the great "Sumerian" (another term invented by a white scientist, used to hide the fact that "Sumer" was a black civilization) empire. Then the Hyksos in Egypt, the Aryans in Harrapa, and a later and devasting wave at the end of the bronze age, responsible for the destruction of the Minoan and Mycenaean civilizations. The Germanic peoples do not appear in history until the 1st millenium BC. You can look up any of these fact via google or check out some books on any of the aforementioned names and occurences. That would only give your race around 4000 years of history, though it may be closer to 6000. With such a short history there is no way that your "race" can claim to have fathered civiliztion. You weren't even around yet.

That's what I thought no evidence just BULLSHIT!

I want you to provide proof of your entire diatribe and you can begin by proving where my ancestors originated. Then go from there.

Therein lies the problem my friend. There is no evidence of a land that your people are indigenous to. The term "caucasian" was invented by a white scientist (Johan Friedrich blumenbach) because the whites in this area were considered by him to be the most beautiful. In actuality, the reason for this terminology is that this is the direction they came from when they descended upon the areas of civilization, with the exception of the Gutians. There are no temples, monuments, literature, or any evidence of civilization in the supposed area that they left behind, the first work of indo-european writing does not appear until the 9th century BC. The caucasian first appears in history as the Gutian horde (2150BC) credited with the destruction of the great "Sumerian" (another term invented by a white scientist, used to hide the fact that "Sumer" was a black civilization) empire. Then the Hyksos in Egypt, the Aryans in Harrapa, and a later and devasting wave at the end of the bronze age, responsible for the destruction of the Minoan and Mycenaean civilizations. The Germanic peoples do not appear in history until the 1st millenium BC. You can look up any of these fact via google or check out some books on any of the aforementioned names and occurences. That would only give your race around 4000 years of history, though it may be closer to 6000. With such a short history there is no way that your "race" can claim to have fathered civiliztion. You weren't even around yet.

By "no evidence" what do you mean? I gave you a theme to research, namely, the fact that whites are the last of the human family to appear on the planet and had no civilization of their own when they do appear on the historical stage. I provided you with several specifically named groups of people known who appear throughout the historical narrative in support of the claim. I gave you an historical timeline charting the period of time corresponding to when they appeared from the first known to the last and the effect they had on the area they appeared in, a period lasting from appx 2150BC to the 1st millenium BC. I even provided a means through which you can abtain the information in question. Short of actually taking you on an archaeological dig I think I proved my point. If you can disprove it I welcome you to do so. Until then, you should admit that your ideas have no basis in fact and therefore do not reflect the viewpoint of one who is in touch with reality.

Anybody got something that shows how smart blacks are today?

Yes indeed. GAGUT proves beyond the shadow of a doubt that black are not only as smart as any other "race", but that they may be smarter. Especially when you consider that not even Albert Einstien or Stephen Hawking could discover it. It is without doubt the "holy grail" of science and a black mind discovered it. Perhaps you should research GAGUT...

black are not only as smart as any other "race", but that they may be smarter.

You know, given that they sit around smoking crack and collecting welfare checks all day while whites work their butts off, you could be on to something.

Another white guy, working his butt off

565px-Homeless.jpg

MalcolmPNewton said:
If you need me to provide you proof of historical occurences such as the extermination of the native american, the opium wars, Apartheid in south africa, the "Final Solution", or Jim crow then you testify to the failure of the American educational system created and run by whites. All the above facts can be found in any textbook or any book on history in any library or bookstore. You'd have to dig a little deeper for the truths concerning slavery or the FBI's counter-intelligence program, which can be found via google search. I'm disinclined to believe that most whites really want to know any of this.

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

By "no evidence" what do you mean? I gave you a theme to research, namely, the fact that whites are the last of the human family to appear on the planet and had no civilization of their own when they do appear on the historical stage. I provided you with several specifically named groups of people known who appear throughout the historical narrative in support of the claim. I gave you an historical timeline charting the period of time corresponding to when they appeared from the first known to the last and the effect they had on the area they appeared in, a period lasting from appx 2150BC to the 1st millenium BC. I even provided a means through which you can abtain the information in question. Short of actually taking you on an archaeological dig I think I proved my point. If you can disprove it I welcome you to do so. Until then, you should admit that your ideas have no basis in fact and therefore do not reflect the viewpoint of one who is in touch with reality.

If you think I'm going to waste my time attempting to prove your bullshit claim then you are as stupid as you undoubtedly appear.

And yet you won't debate me an any real issue, you would rather just hurl lame assed insults.

Hers's some facts for you to chew on.

Blacks represent 12 to 14 percent of the population yet account for over 50 percent of all violent crime. A black child born today will have a one in four chance of going to prison, a white baby will have a one and twenty three percent chance. Based on current rates of first incarceration, an estimated 28% of black males will enter State or Federal prison during their lifetime, compared to 4.4% of white males.

Bureau of Justice Statistics Homicide trends in the U.S.: Trends by race

Chances are you have many relatives that is doing time, has done time or will do time.

Yes and I am sure you dealt with many black inmates during your stay in lock up clown.:cool:

Yes I did and they regretted it.

Yes I am sure they did.:lol:

This is the part where these guys realize that they have no valid disproof or intelligent rebuttal so they will continue to sling insults in an attempt to goad you into a fight to damage your credibility/prove their stupid stereotypes. . . . .

when you don't, they will allow these threads to die, wait awhile and post some new racist BS. . . . .

oh well, all people handle truth differently.

This is the part where these guys realize that they have no valid disproof or intelligent rebuttal so they will continue to sling insults in an attempt to goad you into a fight to damage your credibility/prove their stupid stereotypes. . . . .

when you don't, they will allow these threads to die, wait awhile and post some new racist BS. . . . .

You must be a comedian.

If you think I'm going to waste my time attempting to prove your bullshit claim then you are as stupid as you undoubtedly appear.

hmmmm. . . .

it's high time someone made our fair-skinned countrymen face the truth!

You must be a comedian.

my point exactly

Therein lies the problem my friend. There is no evidence of a land that your people are indigenous to. The term "caucasian" was invented by a white scientist (Johan Friedrich blumenbach) because the whites in this area were considered by him to be the most beautiful. In actuality, the reason for this terminology is that this is the direction they came from when they descended upon the areas of civilization, with the exception of the Gutians. There are no temples, monuments, literature, or any evidence of civilization in the supposed area that they left behind, the first work of indo-european writing does not appear until the 9th century BC. The caucasian first appears in history as the Gutian horde (2150BC) credited with the destruction of the great "Sumerian" (another term invented by a white scientist, used to hide the fact that "Sumer" was a black civilization) empire.

The Guti Hordes / Gutium / Gutians

The Gutians were a people of ancient Mesopotamia who lived in the central Zagros Mountain range. Nothing is known about their origins. They may have been an Indo-European speaking people, possibly related linguistically to Tocharians (in north-west China) or early Kurds.

For around a generation they appeared in increasing numbers in Sumer and Akkad as settlers, to the extent that they required the royal appointment of an interpreter in Adab. However, shortly after about 2200 BC they swept down in force into southern and central Mesopotamia, destroying the Akkadian empire and subjugating much of Sumer either directly or indirectly.

The Gutians proved to be very poor rulers of Sumer, being crude administrators, and prosperity declined. They were not at all used to the complexities of civilization and failed to provide proper organisation, particularly in connection with the canal network. This was allowed to sink into disrepair, with famine and death resulting. A short dark age swept over Mesopotamia. They based themselves near the ruins of Agade, so the cities in the south enjoyed a certain level of freedom, and were able to manage their own affairs to an extent.

According to the Sumerian king list, a total of 21 kings (MS P4+Ha has 23) ruled for 125 years and 40 days (MS P4+Ha has 99 years), once (one dynasty) in the army of Gutium. This is the seventeenth set of entries on the list comprising kings 98-118. Here, List 1 is primarily used, backed up by List 2 and List 3 (see Sumer for details). Dates are calculated back from circa 2120 BC, when the Gutians were ejected, and may not be entirely accurate.

c.2350 BC
The short-lived empire of Lugalannemundu of Adab subjects the Gutians.

fl c.2300 BC
Sarlak
Ruled in the Gutian mountain homelands.

Sargon of the Akkadian empire campaigns against the Gutian king Sarlak.

c.2220 -2211 BC
Eridu-pizir
Not on the king list. Claimed inheritance of Akkadian titles.

The king list states that after the Gutians seized power from Akkad and the Fourth Dynasty of Uruk in southern Mesopotamia, everyone was his own king for three years (ie, no dominant rule had been established).

c.2216/15 BC
(Nameless king) / (No king was famous)
Ruled for ?/3/5/4 years.

c.2211 BC
Imta / (No data)
Ruled for 3 years.

c.2208 BC
Inkishush / Inkicuc / Inkishu
Ruled for 6/7 years.

c.2202 BC
Sarlagab / Zarlagab / Nikilligab
Ruled for 6 years.

c.2196 BC
Shulme / Culme / Yarlagac
Ruled for 6 years.

c.2193 BC
The Gutians overthrow Elam and sweep through Sumer, effectively destroying the Akkadian empire, and ending Sumerian/Akkadian domination of the region. They also defeat Uruk, carrying off the kingship. Both Sumer and Egypt endure a short dark age at this time. Very little is known about Akkad until around 2100 BC. It is from this point that the Gutian kings are recorded in more detail (although some lists place Shulme after Imta, missing out Inkishush and Sarlagab).

A figurine of Gudea of Lagash, who came to prominence in southern Mesopotamia, for the most part outside of direct Gutian rule but still subject to its influence

c.2190 BC
Elulumesh / Silulumec / Silulu
Ruled for 6/7 years.

c.2184 BC
Inimbakesh / Inimabakec / Duga
Ruled for 5/6 years.

c.2179 BC
Igeshaush / Igecauc (or Ilu-an?)
Ruled for 6 (or 3) years.

c.2173 BC
Iarlagab / Yarlagab
Ruled for 15/5 years.

c.2158 BC
Ibate
Ruled for 3 years.

c.2155 BC
? / Yarla / Yarlangab? / Iarlagash
Ruled for 3 years.

c.2152 BC
Kurum
Ruled for 1/3 years.

c.2151 BC
? / Apil-kin
Ruled for 3 years.

c.2148 BC
? / La-erabum?
Ruled for 2 years.

c.2146 BC
Irarum
Ruled for 2 years.

c.2144 BC
Ibranum
Ruled for 1 year.

c.2143 BC
Hablum
Ruled for 2 years.

c.2141 BC
Puzur-Sin / Puzur-Suen
Son. Ruled for 7 years.

c.2138 BC
The city of Kissura establishes its own kings, possible as a result of weakening Gutian influence in the region.

c.2134 BC
Iarlaganda / Yarlaganda
Ruled for 7 years.

c.2127 BC
(Name unknown)
Ruled for 7 years.

c.2120 BC
? / Tiriga / Tirigan
Ruled for 40 days.

c.2120 BC
Utuhegal, king of Erech (Uruk) throws out the Gutians once and for all, claiming the kingship. They retreat back to the mountains.

c.1764 BC
A major invasion of southern Mesopotamia by a coalition army of Elamites, Assyrians, Gutians and Eshnunnians is defeated and crushed.

Last edited:
Then the Hyksos in Egypt, the Aryans in Harrapa, and a later and devasting wave at the end of the bronze age, responsible for the destruction of the Minoan and Mycenaean civilizations. The Germanic peoples do not appear in history until the 1st millenium BC. You can look up any of these fact via google or check out some books on any of the aforementioned names and occurences. That would only give your race around 4000 years of history, though it may be closer to 6000. With such a short history there is no way that your "race" can claim to have fathered civiliztion. You weren't even around yet.

Seventeenth (Theban) Dynasty
1680 - 1580 BC

At around the time Memphis fell to the Hyksos, the native Egyptian ruling house in Thebes declared its independence and set itself up as the Seventeenth Dynasty. This dynasty eventually drove the Hyksos out of Egypt. The last two pharaohs of the dynasty opposed the Hyksos rule over Egypt and initiated a war that would rid Egypt of the Hyksos kings and began a period of unified rule which is known as the New Kingdom.

The Hyksos

The Hyksos were a group of mixed Semitic-Asiatics who settled in northern Egypt during the 18th century BC. In about 1630 they seized power, and Hyksos kings ruled Egypt as the 15th dynasty (c. 1630-1521 BC).

The name Hyksos was used by the Egyptian historian Manetho (fl. 300 BC), who, according to the Jewish historian Josephus (fl. 1st century AD), translated the word as "king-shepherds" or "captive shepherds." Josephus wished to demonstrate the great antiquity of the Jews and thus identified the Hyksos with the Hebrews of the Old Testament. Most scholars do not now support this view, though it is possible that Hebrews came into Egypt during the Hyksos period or that some Hyksos were the ancestors of some Hebrews. "Hyksos" was probably an Egyptian term for "rulers of foreign lands" (heqa-khase), and it almost certainly designated the foreign dynasts rather than a whole nation. Although traditionally they also formed the 16th dynasty, those rulers were probably only vassals of the 15th-dynasty kings. They seem to have been connected with the general migratory movements elsewhere in the Middle East at the time. Although most of the Hyksos names seem to have been Semitic, there may also have been a Hurrian element among them.

the Aryans in Harrapa, and a later and devasting wave at the end of the bronze age, responsible for the destruction of the Minoan and Mycenaean civilizations. The Germanic peoples do not appear in history until the 1st millenium BC. You can look up any of these fact via google or check out some books on any of the aforementioned names and occurences. That would only give your race around 4000 years of history, though it may be closer to 6000. With such a short history there is no way that your "race" can claim to have fathered civiliztion. You weren't even around yet.

One of the most interesting puzzles in archaeology, and one that hasn't been completely solved yet, concerns the story of the supposed Aryan invasion of the Indian subcontinent. The story goes like this: The Aryans were a tribe of Indo-European-speaking, horse-riding nomads living in the arid steppes of Eurasia. Sometime around 1700 BC, the Aryans invaded the ancient urban civilizations of the Indus Valley, and destroyed that culture. The Indus Valley civilizations were far more civilized than any horse-back nomad, having had a written language, farming capabilities, and led a truly urban existence. Some 1,200 years after the supposed invasion, the descendants of the Aryans, so they say, wrote the classic Indian literature called the Vedic manuscripts.

Who Were the Aryans?
The Aryans were semi-nomadic Nordic Whites, perhaps located originally on the steppes of southern Russia and Central Asia, who spoke the parent language of the various Indo-European languages.

Latin, Greek, Hittite, Sanskrit, French, German, Latvian, English, Spanish, Russian etc. are all Indo-European languages; Indo-European, or more properly Proto-Indo-European (PIE), is the lost ancestral language from which those languages ultimately derive. The "Proto" indicates that the grammar and vocabulary of this long extinct language, probably spoken up until 3000 BC, are a hypothetical reconstruction by modern philologists. Just as Romance languages like Italian and Spanish derive from Latin, so Latin derives from PIE.

Indo-European philology traditionally used "Aryan" both to denote a people, understood racially or ethnically, and the language group itself ("Aryan speech"), irrespective of the race or ethnicity of the people speaking its various branches. In the wake of National Socialist Germany's defeat, the term fell out of general scholarly use in both senses, and "Indo-European" (IE) became the preferred designation of the language group, "Indo-Europeans" of both the people who occupied the original Aryan homeland and their descendants, who gradually spread out across Europe, much of the Indian sub-continent, and parts of the Near East. Racial nationalists are not, of course, obliged to adopt the timid PC-lexicon of contemporary scholarship, but we should be aware of imprecision of "Aryan" as a racial or ethnic classification.

for a illustrating the migration of the aryans, click here: Aryans in India, Aryan Civilization, Aryan People.

The Guti Hordes / Gutium / Gutians

The Gutians were a people of ancient Mesopotamia who lived in the central Zagros Mountain range. Nothing is known about their origins. They may have been an Indo-European speaking people, possibly related linguistically to Tocharians (in north-west China) or early Kurds.

For around a generation they appeared in increasing numbers in Sumer and Akkad as settlers, to the extent that they required the royal appointment of an interpreter in Adab. However, shortly after about 2200 BC they swept down in force into southern and central Mesopotamia, destroying the Akkadian empire and subjugating much of Sumer either directly or indirectly.

The Gutians proved to be very poor rulers of Sumer, being crude administrators, and prosperity declined. They were not at all used to the complexities of civilization and failed to provide proper organisation, particularly in connection with the canal network. This was allowed to sink into disrepair, with famine and death resulting. A short dark age swept over Mesopotamia. They based themselves near the ruins of Agade, so the cities in the south enjoyed a certain level of freedom, and were able to manage their own affairs to an extent.

According to the Sumerian king list, a total of 21 kings (MS P4+Ha has 23) ruled for 125 years and 40 days (MS P4+Ha has 99 years), once (one dynasty) in the army of Gutium. This is the seventeenth set of entries on the list comprising kings 98-118. Here, List 1 is primarily used, backed up by List 2 and List 3 (see Sumer for details). Dates are calculated back from circa 2120 BC, when the Gutians were ejected, and may not be entirely accurate.

c.2350 BC
The short-lived empire of Lugalannemundu of Adab subjects the Gutians.

fl c.2300 BC
Sarlak
Ruled in the Gutian mountain homelands.

Sargon of the Akkadian empire campaigns against the Gutian king Sarlak.

c.2220 -2211 BC
Eridu-pizir
Not on the king list. Claimed inheritance of Akkadian titles.

The king list states that after the Gutians seized power from Akkad and the Fourth Dynasty of Uruk in southern Mesopotamia, everyone was his own king for three years (ie, no dominant rule had been established).

c.2216/15 BC
(Nameless king) / (No king was famous)
Ruled for ?/3/5/4 years.

c.2211 BC
Imta / (No data)
Ruled for 3 years.

c.2208 BC
Inkishush / Inkicuc / Inkishu
Ruled for 6/7 years.

c.2202 BC
Sarlagab / Zarlagab / Nikilligab
Ruled for 6 years.

c.2196 BC
Shulme / Culme / Yarlagac
Ruled for 6 years.

c.2193 BC
The Gutians overthrow Elam and sweep through Sumer, effectively destroying the Akkadian empire, and ending Sumerian/Akkadian domination of the region. They also defeat Uruk, carrying off the kingship. Both Sumer and Egypt endure a short dark age at this time. Very little is known about Akkad until around 2100 BC. It is from this point that the Gutian kings are recorded in more detail (although some lists place Shulme after Imta, missing out Inkishush and Sarlagab).

A figurine of Gudea of Lagash, who came to prominence in southern Mesopotamia, for the most part outside of direct Gutian rule but still subject to its influence

c.2190 BC
Elulumesh / Silulumec / Silulu
Ruled for 6/7 years.

c.2184 BC
Inimbakesh / Inimabakec / Duga
Ruled for 5/6 years.

c.2179 BC
Igeshaush / Igecauc (or Ilu-an?)
Ruled for 6 (or 3) years.

c.2173 BC
Iarlagab / Yarlagab
Ruled for 15/5 years.

c.2158 BC
Ibate
Ruled for 3 years.

c.2155 BC
? / Yarla / Yarlangab? / Iarlagash
Ruled for 3 years.

c.2152 BC
Kurum
Ruled for 1/3 years.

c.2151 BC
? / Apil-kin
Ruled for 3 years.

c.2148 BC
? / La-erabum?
Ruled for 2 years.

c.2146 BC
Irarum
Ruled for 2 years.

c.2144 BC
Ibranum
Ruled for 1 year.

c.2143 BC
Hablum
Ruled for 2 years.

c.2141 BC
Puzur-Sin / Puzur-Suen
Son. Ruled for 7 years.

c.2138 BC
The city of Kissura establishes its own kings, possible as a result of weakening Gutian influence in the region.

c.2134 BC
Iarlaganda / Yarlaganda
Ruled for 7 years.

c.2127 BC
(Name unknown)
Ruled for 7 years.

c.2120 BC
? / Tiriga / Tirigan
Ruled for 40 days.

c.2120 BC
Utuhegal, king of Erech (Uruk) throws out the Gutians once and for all, claiming the kingship. They retreat back to the mountains.

c.1764 BC
A major invasion of southern Mesopotamia by a coalition army of Elamites, Assyrians, Gutians and Eshnunnians is defeated and crushed.

Not one mention of Caucasus... go figure.

The Germanic peoples do not appear in history until the 1st millenium BC. You can look up any of these fact via google or check out some books on any of the aforementioned names and occurences. That would only give your race around 4000 years of history, though it may be closer to 6000. With such a short history there is no way that your "race" can claim to have fathered civiliztion. You weren't even around yet.

from wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:redface:

Germanic peoplesFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search
This article is about Germanic antiquity and its reception in historiography. For the term Germanic as used in reference to contemporary populations, see Germanic Europe.

Germanic Thing (governing assembly), drawn after the depiction in a relief of the Column of Marcus Aurelius, 193 AD.The Germanic peoples (also called Teutonic in older literature) are a historical ethno-linguistic group, originating in Northern Europe and identified by their use of the Indo-European Germanic languages, which diversified out of Common Germanic in the course of the Pre-Roman Iron Age. The descendants of these peoples became, and in many areas contributed to, ethnic groups in North Western Europe: Scandinavians (Danes, Swedes, Norwegians, Icelanders, and Faroe Islanders, but not Finns and Sami), Germans (including Austrians, German-speaking Swiss, and ethnic Germans), Dutch, and English, among others.

Migrating Germanic peoples spread throughout Europe in Late Antiquity (300-600) and the Early Middle Ages. Germanic languages became dominant along the Roman borders (Austria, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium and England), but in the rest of the (western) Roman provinces, the Germanic immigrants adopted Latin (Romance) dialects. Furthermore, all Germanic peoples were eventually Christianized. Europe's Germanic peoples, such as the Franks, Saxons, Vandals, Angles, Lombards, Suebi, Burgundians and Goths, transformed the Roman Empire into Medieval Europe. Today Germanic languages are spoken through much of the world, represented principally by English, German, Dutch and the Scandinavian languages.

A depiction on the 8th century CE Tjängvide image stone, often interpreted as Odin riding the eight-legged horse Sleipnir.[edit] GermanicVarious etymologies for Germani are possible. As an adjective, germani is simply the plural of the adjective germanus, which is derived from the Greek term Germania [1][2] for a geographical area of land on the east bank of the Rhine (inner Germania), which included regions of Sarmatia as well as an area under Roman control on the west bank of the Rhine. The name came into use after Julius Caesar adopted it from a Gallic term for the peoples east of the Rhine that probably meant "neighbour".[3][4]

The ethnonym seems to be attested in the Fasti Capitolini inscription for the year 222, DE GALLEIS INSVBRIBVS ET GERM(aneis), where it may simply refer to "related" peoples, namely related to the Gauls. Furthermore, since the inscriptions were erected only in 17 to 18 BCE, the word may be a later addition to the text. Another early mentioning of the name, this time by Poseidonios (writing around 80 BCE), is also dubious, as it only survives in a quotation by Athenaios (writing around 190 CE); the mention of Germani in this context was more likely inserted by Athenaios rather than by Poseidonios himself.[5]

The writer who apparently introduced the name "Germani" into the corpus of classical literature is Julius Caesar. He uses Germani in two slightly differing ways: one to describe any non-gaulic peoples of Germania, and one to denote the Germani Cisrhenani, a somewhat diffuse group of peoples in north-eastern Gaul, who cannot clearly be identified as either Celtic or Germanic.

In this sense, Germani may be a loan from a Celtic exonym applied to the Germanic tribes, based on a word for "neighbour" or for "men of forests", because the current German territory was almost entirely covered with dense forests. Tacitus suggests that it might be from a tribe which changed its name after the Romans adapted it, but there is no evidence for this.[citation needed]

The suggestion deriving the name from Gaulish term for "neighbour" invokes Old Irish gair, Welsh ger, "near",[6] Irish gearr, "cut, short" (a short distance), from a Proto-Celtic root *gerso-s, further related to ancient Greek chereion, "inferior" and English gash.[7] The Proto-Indo-European root could be of the form *khar-, *kher-, *ghar-, *gher-, "cut", from which also Hittite kar-, "cut", whence also Greek character.

Apparently, the Germanic tribes did not have a self-designation ("endonym") that included all Germanic-speaking people but excluded all non-Germanic people. Non-Germanic peoples (primarily Celtic, Roman, Greek, the citizens of the Roman Empire), on the other hand, were called *walha- (this word lives forth in names such as Wales, Welsh, Cornwall, Walloons, Vlachs etc.). Yet, the name of the Suebi — which designated a larger group of tribes and was used almost indiscriminately with Germani in Caesar — was possibly a Germanic equivalent of the Latin name (*swē-ba- "authentic").[8]

[edit] Teutonic, DeutschFurther information: Deutsch, Theodiscus, and Teutonic
Trying to identify a contemporary vernacular term and the associated nation with a classical name, Latin writers from the 10th century onwards used the learned adjective teutonicus (originally derived from the Teutones) to refer to East Francia ("Regnum Teutonicum") and its inhabitants. This usage is still partly present in modern English; hence the English use of "Teutons" in reference to the Germanic peoples in general besides the specific tribe of the Teutons defeated at the Battle of Aquae Sextiae in 102 BCE.

The generic *þiuda- "people" occurs in many personal names such as Thiud-reks and also in the ethnonym of the Swedes from a cognate of Old English Sweo-ðēod and Old Norse: Sui-þióð (see e.g. Sö Fv1948;289). Additionally, þiuda- appears in Angel-ðēod ("Anglo-Saxon people") and Gut-þiuda ("Gothic people").[9] The adjective derived from this noun, *þiudiskaz, "popular", was later used with reference to the language of the people in contrast to the Latin language (earliest recorded example 786). The word is continued in German Deutsch (meaning German), English "Dutch", Dutch Duits and Diets (the latter referring to the historic name for Dutch or Middle Dutch, the former meaning German), Italian tedesco (meaning German), and Swedish/Danish/Norwegian tysk (meaning German).

[edit] Classification
Detail of the Uppland Rune Inscription 871 (12th century).By the 1st century CE, the writings of Caesar, Tacitus and other Roman era writers indicate a division of Germanic-speaking peoples into tribal groupings centred on:

the rivers Oder and Vistula/Weichsel (East Germanic tribes),
the lower Rhine river (Istvaeones),
the river Elbe (Irminones),
Jutland and the Danish islands (Ingvaeones).
The Sons of Mannus, Istvaeones, Irminones, and Ingvaeones are collectively called West Germanic tribes. In addition, those Germanic people who remained in Scandinavia are referred to as North Germanic. These groups all developed separate dialects, the basis for the differences among Germanic languages down to the present day.

The division of peoples into West Germanic, East Germanic, and North Germanic is a modern linguistic classification. Many Greek scholars only classified Celts and Scythians in the Northwest and Northeast of the Mediterranean and this classification was widely maintained in Greek literature until Late Antiquity. Latin-Greek ethnographers (Tacitus, Pliny the Elder, Ptolemy, and Strabo) mentioned in the first two centuries the names of peoples they classified as Germanic along the Elbe, the Rhine, and the Danube, the Vistula and on the Baltic Sea. Tacitus mentioned 40, Ptolemy 69 peoples.

Classical ethnography applied the name Suebi to many tribes in the 1st century. It appeared that this native name had all but replaced the foreign name Germanic. After the Marcomannic wars the Gothic name steadily gained importance. Some of the ethnic names mentioned by the ethnographers of the first two centuries on the shores of the Oder and the Vistula (Gutones, Vandali) reappear from the 3rd century on in the area of the lower Danube and north of the Carpathian Mountains.

For the end of the 5th century the Gothic name can be used - according to the historical sources - for such different peoples like the Goths in Gaul, Iberia and Italy, the Vandals in Africa, the Gepids along the Tisza and the Danube, the Rugians, Sciri and Burgundians, even the Iranian Alans. These peoples were classified as Scyths and often deducted from the ancient Getae (most important: Cassiodor/Jordanes, Getica around 550).

I am embarrassed for all of you, haven't you got anything better to do than bash each other. It is real comfortable to get on the internet and use bad foul language and make accusations but can't be held personally accountable. How brave of you.

Forum List

Back