White woman branded a racist for asking black man walking in her neighborhood if he was lost

Has she ever asked a white man if he was lost?
Some exchanges are awkward, but don't always assume racism or malice. That's rarely the case. Sometimes a black person can take the high road as in yes, I'm lost or just visiting a friend or I just moved in down the street.

The blacks destroyed our property value and all white areas cost an arm and a leg to live in. Otherwise I would have moved. I listed my reasons for staying, but you leftists have a memory problem. Desegregation has destroyed billions of dollars in property value across the entire country.
If that is the case why are we seeing gentrification going on all across the country.

If that is the case why are we seeing gentrification going on all across the country.

The cities are suffering and properties can be purchased cheap. As we leave the manual labor market and move towards office work, people desire to live closer to where they work. big money investors are looking ahead a generation or so. Right now a lot of companies are keeping employees at home to let them work from there. Apparently they found success in people working from home, and travel time has a lot to do with it.

The cities are suffering and properties can be purchased cheap. As we leave the manual labor market and move towards office work, people desire to live closer to where they work. big money investors are looking ahead a generation or so. Right now a lot of companies are keeping employees at home to let them work from there. Apparently they found success in people working from home, and travel time has a lot to do with it.
This started happening long before Covid came on the scene. White people are moving into the cities not out of them.

If I encountered someone walking around in my neighborhood whom I didn't recognize, and they appeared lost or at least looking for something, I wouldn't hesitate to ask if they needed help or directions. Everything this woman did seems quite reasonable to me. Today however, you're likely better off just ignoring them if you're white and they are a person of color.
Neighborhoods are public streets unless gated.
It’s none of your business who is walking down the sidewalk.

None of your business who is walking on a public sidewalk.

Sure it is. Police tell citizens all the time to keep an eye out for something that looks amiss. If they see something out of the ordinary, call them. Even if it's nothing, let them check it out.
In this case she likely thought she could help a person. That's the thanks she got for trying to be a kind person.

You mean he was in the wrong neighborhood.

We don't know that. The story was written very suspiciously. They didn't give the names of any of the people, the location city or state, and there is only one article on it. We don't even know if it really happened or not.

In any case, I think they omitted a lot of facts on purpose. If the location would have been given, it would be easy to look up the demographics. It may very well have been a very diverse neighborhood. We just don't know.

Sure it is. Police tell citizens all the time to keep an eye out for something that looks amiss. If they see something out of the ordinary, call them. Even if it's nothing, let them check it out.
In this case she likely thought she could help a person. That's the thanks she got for trying to be a kind person.
We get it. A black man was perceived to be in the wrong place. That’s what was amiss.
You like to flex that privilege at every opportunity.

Forum List

Back