White woman branded a racist for asking black man walking in her neighborhood if he was lost

We get it. A black man was perceived to be in the wrong place. That’s what was amiss.
You like to flex that privilege at every opportunity.

What privilege do you speak of? She didn't call the cops on the guy, she didn't ask if he belonged to that neighborhood, she asked if he needed help with something.

None of her business.

I know, that's the kind of environment you leftists wish to create. You'd like to see a country of freaks at a circus where everybody is afraid to speak to each other.

Years ago I was with a friend one night at a restaurant trying to sober up. We got to talking about different places and he brought up Niagara Falls. I never been there but he has. He was telling me how amazing the falls were to see in person. One thing led to another, and before you knew it, we left the restaurant on our way to the Falls.

When we got there at sun rise we started walking through the park. As we passed by some guy, he said Good Morning to us. I looked at my friend and he said get used to it. This isn't Cleveland where if somebody addresses you, put one hand on your wallet.

It was so nice and refreshing to be around such friendly strangers. Everybody we walked past said good morning to us. I told my friend I wish it was like this at home.

What privilege do you speak of? She didn't call the cops on the guy, she didn't ask if he belonged to that neighborhood, she asked if he needed help with something.
I’m responding to your post, dope. Your example of reporting something “amiss”.

privilege is not having to even consider the rationality of your suspicion or what position that puts the target of that suspicion in when calling the police only because you don’t like the way they look.
Privilege is not even having to understand how many other times that person has had to deal with peoples’ “suspicions” or what repercussions that has had in that person’s life.

IOW, you’re willing to thoughtlessly jam someone up over your own faulty bias or fears.

I know, that's the kind of environment you leftists wish to create. You'd like to see a country of freaks at a circus where everybody is afraid to speak to each other.

Years ago I was with a friend one night at a restaurant trying to sober up. We got to talking about different places and he brought up Niagara Falls. I never been there but he has. He was telling me how amazing the falls were to see in person. One thing led to another, and before you knew it, we left the restaurant on our way to the Falls.

When we got there at sun rise we started walking through the park. As we passed by some guy, he said Good Morning to us. I looked at my friend and he said get used to it. This isn't Cleveland where if somebody addresses you, put one hand on your wallet.

It was so nice and refreshing to be around such friendly strangers. Everybody we walked past said good morning to us. I told my friend I wish it was like this at home.
No one should be afraid of anything. Just mind your business and don’t stupidly insert yourself into that of others.

I’m responding to your post, dope. Your example of reporting something “amiss”.

privilege is not having to even consider the rationality of your suspicion or what position that puts the target of that suspicion in when calling the police only because you don’t like the way they look.
Privilege is not even having to understand how many other times that person has had to deal with peoples’ “suspicions” or what repercussions that has had in that person’s life.

IOW, you’re willing to thoughtlessly jam someone up over your own faulty bias or fears.

I'm just responding to your comment about minding my own business when I see somebody walking down the sidewalk. Police tell us differently. That's not to say you call the cops anytime you see a person walking down the street, but if something doesn't look right to you, yes, you call the cops. It's not a privilege, it's being concerned about your community.

Several years ago a woman was walking down the street, stopped in front of my house where I was working, and began cussing me out. I had no idea who this lady was. I don't even know what she was pissed about. She wasn't hurting me, she was about 50 feet away, but I called the cops.

They came out and talked to her. She was some kind of psycho. They hauled her away to who knows where.

Better she stopped and flipped out on me instead of some kid playing ball in his front yard. Better I call the cops and have her checked out before she makes it to that child in his front lawn playing ball.

Never question anyone walking down a street. If I'm walking down a street and I ask for help then it's ok to ask me a question. If I am walking down the street and I am not asking for help then nobody (regardless of race) has the right to infringe upon me. That is against the law and I would take action.

We don't even know who this woman is, why would I accuse all white folks of this behavior? How we ever seen this behavior from some white folks?
We see this behavior all the time. Black folks are more often than not seen as suspicious. Even when doing the most mundane things.

1650722137358.jpeg

We don't even know who this woman is, why would I accuse all white folks of this behavior? Have we ever seen this behavior from some white folks?

We don't even know who this woman is, why would I accuse all white folks of this behavior? Have we ever seen this behavior from some white folks?
This is what you said

"I don't assume anything, but I am not going to say she was all nice, nice when we have seen just the opposite."

not an assumption?

Forum List

Back