White Texas police officer found guilty of murder for fatally shooting black teen in car

And this from the same people who complain when black people speak of the injustices of slavery, those who were lynched and are told to get over it and that was "so long ago".
It was so long ago that there are no victims of slavery living today. It's RACIST to dewll on you skin color like this. Time to stop all this monkey business.

The facts disprove your theory. Oregon has a 1.6% black population but 9.1% of their prison population is black. That is called overrepresentation.

Be careful what you claim because it just might prove you are quite wrong in your assumptions.
The inmate populate of the state of Oregon is predominantly white. The poster insinuated that because white parents NEVER allow their children to attend parties where drugs & guns are present there are no white criminals which is blatently rediculous.

My point stands.

This story leads one to believe that you may be trying to give the false impression that all cops are racist.

This no more true than assuming that all Muslims are terrorists or that all blacks can play basketball.
So fragile, one can't even factually point out a white cop's mistake without you all getting all defensive and going on the offense.

I have no control over what biased minds think. The fact of the matter is that white officers are rarely convicted for killing black members of society, surely you remember when it was all but legal for them to do so?

The article I linked to mentions race. Are you implying I should have removed it?

And this from the same people who complain when black people speak of the injustices of slavery, those who were lynched and are told to get over it and that was "so long ago".
It was so long ago that there are no victims of slavery living today. It's RACIST to dewll on you skin color like this. Time to stop all this monkey business.

You said "monkey business".

You said "monkey business".
Freudian slip. He catches lice like a monkey, has thin lips like a monkey and smells like one when he is wet. Because of all this he frequently has monkeys on the mind and likes to project that to other races. This is probably what most racist cops feel.

White Texas police officer found guilty of murder for fatally shooting black teen in car

A former police officer was found guilty of murder on Tuesday for shooting into a car carrying black teenagers, killing one 15-year-old boy.

by Daniella Silva / Aug.28.2018 / 12:25 PM ET / Updated Aug.28.2018 / 5:45 PM ET
Defendant Roy Oliver, right, and his defense attorney Bob Gill speak before the verdict came down at the Frank Crowley Courts Building in Dallas on Aug. 28, 2018.Rose Baca / The Dallas Morning News via AP, Pool

A former Texas police officer was found guilty of murder on Tuesday for shooting into a car carrying a group of teenagers, killing a 15-year-old boy.

Roy Oliver, who is white, was found guilty in the death of high school freshman Jordan Edwards, who was black. The teen was in the passenger seat of a car leaving a house party when the officer opened fire in April 2017. Oliver was found not guilty on two aggravated assault charges.

Jordan's father, Odell Edwards, said after that he wanted to "jump up and down" when he heard the verdict and was "thankful."

"I'm happy, very happy. It's been a long time, a hard year," he said.

Edwards' family attorney, Daryl Washington, said Jordan's father never wanted another family to go through what he went through losing his son.

"This case is not just about Jordan, it's about Tamir Rice, it's about Walter Scott, it's about Alton Sterling, it's about every African American ... who has been killed and has not gotten justice," he said, referring to other black boys and men that have been killed by police.

"We are just happy that here in Dallas, Texas, that Roy Oliver is going to have to do his time for taking Jordan's life," he added. "What he did on that night should have never happened and we're just happy that we've gotten justice today."
I wonder how much money the Republicans sent the police officer ?

Yes, it is perfectly legal and is based on the actions of past criminals. Apparently, you watch too much TV!
Actually it's not and I don't watch those type of TV programs. My information comes from attorneys who specialize in government (police) misconduct.

Oh, excuse me. I just deal with reality and not what your read from "attorneys". You do know that 99% of lawyer jokes are true, right?

This story leads one to believe that you may be trying to give the false impression that all cops are racist.

This no more true than assuming that all Muslims are terrorists or that all blacks can play basketball.
So fragile, one can't even factually point out a white cop's mistake without you all getting all defensive and going on the offense.

I have no control over what biased minds think. The fact of the matter is that white officers are rarely convicted for killing black members of society, surely you remember when it was all but legal for them to do so?

The article I linked to mentions race. Are you implying I should have removed it?
I don't care if you shove it up your ass.

I know why you decided to post the OP.

The facts disprove your theory. Oregon has a 1.6% black population but 9.1% of their prison population is black. That is called overrepresentation.

Be careful what you claim because it just might prove you are quite wrong in your assumptions.
The inmate populate of the state of Oregon is predominantly white. The poster insinuated that because white parents NEVER allow their children to attend parties where drugs & guns are present there are no white criminals which is blatently rediculous.

My point stands.

No, you lied, or didn't look before spouting bullshit. Your figures were incredibly wrong and stated the exact opposite of your intent.

If whites committed crimes at a similar rate to blacks in Oregon, the entire prison population would be white and so would also fill five other states!

I hate to see anyone harmed, or killed, particularly in error, or with malice. IMO there have been too many OIS over the past several years resulting in injuries & deaths.
This officer obviously did the wrong thing. First, he lied about the circumstances of the 'claimed' threat; this was made plain to see by LE video cam.
I see that the (former) officer's partner testified he never believed, nor perceived he was in danger, nor his partner.
The officer was found GUILTY of murder. I hope he spends the rest of his life behind bars.
The jury made the right call = Congrats.
If I was on jury I would have voted “innocent.” Why? “Thanks O.J.”

Because OJ’s legal team managed to cast doubt on pretty much every piece of evidence? Because it showed what the best lawyers in the country can do if you can afford them? Come on. They cast doubt on Furman with the recording of him using the N word. The gloves. And Kato was a douch who looked stoned out of his gourd.

Obviously you subscribe to the perversion of the standard. Or perhaps I should say the standard is fine when applied to cops. It is better for a thousand guilty cops go free than one innocent cop be found guilty.
Black jury found O.J. Not guilty because he killed two white people.

Actually, about half of the jury, or their family members, had endured unpleasant experiences with the police. The rest certainly had someone they knew harassed by police. I say certainly because the LASD was found with over 100 violations of the constitution in their common practices, and procedures, when investigated by the DOJ. The LAPD had similar violations regularly when they were investigated.

So the most likely explanation is not race, but distrust of the police based upon the behavior of the police themselves. Of course, you see it only at the surface, instead of the larger issue, but shallow is where you live and breath.
Police protect and serve daily under difficult circumstances. What was their unpleasant experience? Watching a relative be arrested for committing a crime?

With over a hundred unconstitutional practices the ones committing crimes regularly was the cops wasn’t it?

No, you lied, or didn't look before spouting bullshit. Your figures were incredibly wrong and stated the exact opposite of your intent.

If whites committed crimes at a similar rate to blacks in Oregon, the entire prison population would be white and so would also fill five other states!
The only poeple spouting bullshit here are you and the other poster, at a minimum. This is what he said

Funny how this NEVER happens with white kids because REAL PARENTS know better than to allow our kids to attend parties with drugs,guns,violence etc...AND in an obvious bad area.
As I've already stated, he's implying that REAL PARENTS (in this case "white parents") don't have children that get involved with guns, drugs or violence. If this were true, no white child would ever grow up to become a criminal and yet the inmate population of the whitest states in the nation are predominantly Caucasion. They didn't have REAL PARENTS?

So before you all start casting aspersions on other people's children perhaps you should look into what the hell went wrong with those of your own clan.

When I was in college I got pulled over at night in an area known for running drugs. It was late and I wanted to take a short cut. White cop pulled me over. Most whites are down in that shit hole to buy dope at that time of night. Good police work to racially profile me.
That kind of profiling is not lawful.

Yes, it is perfectly legal and is based on the actions of past criminals. Apparently, you watch too much TV!
What colossal , unhinged horseshit!!

The only poeple spouting bullshit here are you and the other poster, at a minimum. This is what he said

Funny how this NEVER happens with white kids because REAL PARENTS know better than to allow our kids to attend parties with drugs,guns,violence etc...AND in an obvious bad area.
As I've already stated, he's implying that REAL PARENTS (in this case "white parents") don't have children that get involved with guns, drugs or violence. If this were true, no white child would ever grow up to become a criminal and yet the inmate population of the whitest states in the nation are predominantly Caucasion. They didn't have REAL PARENTS?

So before you all start casting aspersions on other people's children perhaps you should look into what the hell went wrong with those of your own clan.

I dont always agree entirely with you but It is a fact that white kids have been known to get involved at parties with guns, drugs and violence.

adfad33aa3c44e105e195e910388c1f9.jpg

I dont always agree entirely with you but It is a fact that white kids have been known to get involved at parties with guns, drugs and violence.

The difference is that society doesnt call them criminals for doing this. They just say they are blowing off steam.

I just watched the video. It was a good shoot. The car was SPEEDING OFF and damn near clipped his partner. He shouldn't have been found guilty because a car of thugs decided to harm a cop. Such a great partner,Oliver saves his life and he throws him to the wolves on the stand...what a piece of shit. Funny how this NEVER happens with white kids because REAL PARENTS know better than to allow our kids to attend parties with drugs,guns,violence etc...AND in an obvious bad area.
You're so full of it. Take any predominantly white state, Oregon for example and look at their inmate population, it's almost exclusively white so that blows your "real parents" theory to hell.

From the article:

Jordan’s parents said in the sentencing phase that their family will never be the same. Odell Edwards said that he didn’t think anything of allowing his kids to go to the party — they are good kids, he said, and were told no drinking, no drugs and if anyone else was doing those things they must leave.
Wow no shit? A majority white state has a majority white prison population!? IMPRESSIVE!

The difference is that society doesnt call them criminals for doing this. They just say they are blowing off steam.

They Have been over romanticised it's true. Just like the Mafia, but maybe not quite as much as you might think. there are plenty of white communities that have no love for them. I have a relative who fits this physical appearance and while riding his bike he's been purposely been run of the road twice in small town USA and been refused food a couple times. As with all things it depends on where you go I guess

They Have been over romanticised it's true. Just like the Mafia, but maybe not quite as much as you might think. there are plenty of white communities that have no love for them. I have a relative who fits this physical appearance and while riding his bike he's been purposely been run of the road twice in small town USA and been refused food a couple times. As with all things it depends on where you go I guess
Funny thing is I once worked with a white dude that looked like that and he was a biker. He knew more about old Black entertainment than anyone I have ever met. He had every single Black silent movie ever made

Forum List

Back