White Texas police officer found guilty of murder for fatally shooting black teen in car

I just watched the video. It was a good shoot. The car was SPEEDING OFF and damn near clipped his partner. He shouldn't have been found guilty because a car of thugs decided to harm a cop. Such a great partner,Oliver saves his life and he throws him to the wolves on the stand...what a piece of shit. Funny how this NEVER happens with white kids because REAL PARENTS know better than to allow our kids to attend parties with drugs,guns,violence etc...AND in an obvious bad area.
You're so full of it. Take any predominantly white state, Oregon for example and look at their inmate population, it's almost exclusively white so that blows your "real parents" theory to hell.

From the article:

Jordan’s parents said in the sentencing phase that their family will never be the same. Odell Edwards said that he didn’t think anything of allowing his kids to go to the party — they are good kids, he said, and were told no drinking, no drugs and if anyone else was doing those things they must leave.

The facts disprove your theory. Oregon has a 1.6% black population but 9.1% of their prison population is black. That is called overrepresentation.

Be careful what you claim because it just might prove you are quite wrong in your assumptions.

Good. The cop was clearly an asshole who felt he was above the law. He learned differently.

I hate to see anyone harmed, or killed, particularly in error, or with malice. IMO there have been too many OIS over the past several years resulting in injuries & deaths.
This officer obviously did the wrong thing. First, he lied about the circumstances of the 'claimed' threat; this was made plain to see by LE video cam.
I see that the (former) officer's partner testified he never believed, nor perceived he was in danger, nor his partner.
The officer was found GUILTY of murder. I hope he spends the rest of his life behind bars.
The jury made the right call = Congrats.
If I was on jury I would have voted “innocent.” Why? “Thanks O.J.”

Because OJ’s legal team managed to cast doubt on pretty much every piece of evidence? Because it showed what the best lawyers in the country can do if you can afford them? Come on. They cast doubt on Furman with the recording of him using the N word. The gloves. And Kato was a douch who looked stoned out of his gourd.

Obviously you subscribe to the perversion of the standard. Or perhaps I should say the standard is fine when applied to cops. It is better for a thousand guilty cops go free than one innocent cop be found guilty.
O.J. murdered two people and spent no time in prison for it.

O. J. was tried & found not guilty by a court of his pears. That is America. If you don't like that well, then you don't like it.

I want to be judged by a court of my apples. I don't like pears. Of course, he was tried in California and they have a lot of fruits out there.

White Texas police officer found guilty of murder for fatally shooting black teen in car

A former police officer was found guilty of murder on Tuesday for shooting into a car carrying black teenagers, killing one 15-year-old boy.

by Daniella Silva / Aug.28.2018 / 12:25 PM ET / Updated Aug.28.2018 / 5:45 PM ET
Defendant Roy Oliver, right, and his defense attorney Bob Gill speak before the verdict came down at the Frank Crowley Courts Building in Dallas on Aug. 28, 2018.Rose Baca / The Dallas Morning News via AP, Pool

A former Texas police officer was found guilty of murder on Tuesday for shooting into a car carrying a group of teenagers, killing a 15-year-old boy.

Roy Oliver, who is white, was found guilty in the death of high school freshman Jordan Edwards, who was black. The teen was in the passenger seat of a car leaving a house party when the officer opened fire in April 2017. Oliver was found not guilty on two aggravated assault charges.

Jordan's father, Odell Edwards, said after that he wanted to "jump up and down" when he heard the verdict and was "thankful."

"I'm happy, very happy. It's been a long time, a hard year," he said.

Edwards' family attorney, Daryl Washington, said Jordan's father never wanted another family to go through what he went through losing his son.

"This case is not just about Jordan, it's about Tamir Rice, it's about Walter Scott, it's about Alton Sterling, it's about every African American ... who has been killed and has not gotten justice," he said, referring to other black boys and men that have been killed by police.

"We are just happy that here in Dallas, Texas, that Roy Oliver is going to have to do his time for taking Jordan's life," he added. "What he did on that night should have never happened and we're just happy that we've gotten justice today."
This story leads one to believe that you may be trying to give the false impression that all cops are racist.

This no more true than assuming that all Muslims are terrorists or that all blacks can play basketball.

I hate to see anyone harmed, or killed, particularly in error, or with malice. IMO there have been too many OIS over the past several years resulting in injuries & deaths.
This officer obviously did the wrong thing. First, he lied about the circumstances of the 'claimed' threat; this was made plain to see by LE video cam.
I see that the (former) officer's partner testified he never believed, nor perceived he was in danger, nor his partner.
The officer was found GUILTY of murder. I hope he spends the rest of his life behind bars.

Because OJ’s legal team managed to cast doubt on pretty much every piece of evidence? Because it showed what the best lawyers in the country can do if you can afford them? Come on. They cast doubt on Furman with the recording of him using the N word. The gloves. And Kato was a douch who looked stoned out of his gourd.

Obviously you subscribe to the perversion of the standard. Or perhaps I should say the standard is fine when applied to cops. It is better for a thousand guilty cops go free than one innocent cop be found guilty.

O. J. was tried & found not guilty by a court of his pears. That is America. If you don't like that well, then you don't like it.

I want to be judged by a court of my apples. I don't like pears. Of course, he was tried in California and they have a lot of fruits out there.

LOL, spelling isn't my strong suit. You just kicked my azz. LOL

Good news. A white cop is going to prison. His whiteness matters. But do not mention an illegal who murders a white girl lest ye be labeled a racist xenophobe!
We did....I saw you on a couple of the posts

How can we remember and honor the memory of her death if you insist on forgetting the posts made about it??

Shame
Did you know a white man in Colorado murdered his wife and daughters?
Yes...a hetero male killing his wife and daughters....what's up with them?

LOL, spelling isn't my strong suit. You just kicked my azz. LOL

Give me credit for at least trying to make it humorous!

A former police officer was found guilty of murder on Tuesday for shooting into a car carrying black teenagers, killing one 15-year-old boy.

by Daniella Silva / Aug.28.2018 / 12:25 PM ET / Updated Aug.28.2018 / 5:45 PM ET
Defendant Roy Oliver, right, and his defense attorney Bob Gill speak before the verdict came down at the Frank Crowley Courts Building in Dallas on Aug. 28, 2018.Rose Baca / The Dallas Morning News via AP, Pool

A former Texas police officer was found guilty of murder on Tuesday for shooting into a car carrying a group of teenagers, killing a 15-year-old boy.

Roy Oliver, who is white, was found guilty in the death of high school freshman Jordan Edwards, who was black. The teen was in the passenger seat of a car leaving a house party when the officer opened fire in April 2017. Oliver was found not guilty on two aggravated assault charges.

Jordan's father, Odell Edwards, said after that he wanted to "jump up and down" when he heard the verdict and was "thankful."

"I'm happy, very happy. It's been a long time, a hard year," he said.

Edwards' family attorney, Daryl Washington, said Jordan's father never wanted another family to go through what he went through losing his son.

"This case is not just about Jordan, it's about Tamir Rice, it's about Walter Scott, it's about Alton Sterling, it's about every African American ... who has been killed and has not gotten justice," he said, referring to other black boys and men that have been killed by police.

"We are just happy that here in Dallas, Texas, that Roy Oliver is going to have to do his time for taking Jordan's life," he added. "What he did on that night should have never happened and we're just happy that we've gotten justice today."

Good. The cop was clearly an asshole who felt he was above the law. He learned differently.

Black jury found O.J. Not guilty because he killed two white people.

Actually, about half of the jury, or their family members, had endured unpleasant experiences with the police. The rest certainly had someone they knew harassed by police. I say certainly because the LASD was found with over 100 violations of the constitution in their common practices, and procedures, when investigated by the DOJ. The LAPD had similar violations regularly when they were investigated.

So the most likely explanation is not race, but distrust of the police based upon the behavior of the police themselves. Of course, you see it only at the surface, instead of the larger issue, but shallow is where you live and breath.

Actually, about half of the jury, or their family members, had endured unpleasant experiences with the police. The rest certainly had someone they knew harassed by police. I say certainly because the LASD was found with over 100 violations of the constitution in their common practices, and procedures, when investigated by the DOJ. The LAPD had similar violations regularly when they were investigated.

So the most likely explanation is not race, but distrust of the police based upon the behavior of the police themselves. Of course, you see it only at the surface, instead of the larger issue, but shallow is where you live and breath.

LASD??????

Good news. A white cop is going to prison. His whiteness matters. But do not mention an illegal who murders a white girl lest ye be labeled a racist xenophobe!
How odd that you are under the impression that that illegal isn't going to be tried for murder.

How unsurprising that you're too stupid to understand what willow actually said.

LASD??????

Los Angeles Sheriffs Department.

Justice Department and the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department Agree to Policing Reforms and Settlement of Police-Related Fair Housing Claims in the Antelope Valley

LASD??????
Must be a hallucinogenic drug manufactured in Los Angeles?

Police protect and serve daily under difficult circumstances. What was their unpleasant experience? Watching a relative be arrested for committing a crime?

We did....I saw you on a couple of the posts

How can we remember and honor the memory of her death if you insist on forgetting the posts made about it??

Shame
Did you know a white man in Colorado murdered his wife and daughters?
Yes...a hetero male killing his wife and daughters....what's up with them?

What's his sexual preference have to do with anything?

Indeed. It's so rare it gets mentioned while hundreds of black people are killed in Chicago every year with the Prog Elites just giving a shrug. Here's the data for 2018 alone - note the race of most of the victims.

Homicides in Chicago 2018: A list of every victim - Chicago Sun-Times
You honestly aren't able to ascertain the difference between a person being killed by another member of society who happens to be a criminal and being killed by an agent of the government whose job is to protect society not kill off it's members?

Actually, I am. I am also able to ascertain that 370 people killed by non-government officials is a much bigger number than 1 person killed by a cop.

Forum List

Back