White people adopting black children

Everytime I look at the news I see white people adopting black or asian children. I would like to know why the sudden intrest in black children are they some kind of trophy. There are children in other countries that are elligible for adoption so I don't understand why black children.::confused:

This is about Madonna and Angelina Jolie, isn't it! To them, it certainly appears that way.

There are a lot of black kids available for adoption in America because the black family unit is almost non-existent. Fortunately, there are people who have the means to adopt them, so it's a win-win.

However, adoption laws in America are just stupid and costly. You run the risk of having your child taken away from you after a few years if the crack-addicted Mom gets her act together and wants her kid back. That's why it's usually better for an American to adopt outside of the country.

AND it's a red tape maze to even qualify to adopt, AND adoption laws and agencies frown on children being adopted by people outside their ethnicity, as though "racial identity" is more important than having a safe, loving family.

You think so? You should try adopting a white baby sometime. Then you'll see why so many people who want desperately to have children resort to Chinese, Korean & African adoptions. We don't have a big enough supply of babies to keep up with the number of people who want to adopt them in this country.

While I don't know allot about the subject that doesn't sound right to me. Could you list some support of this claim? It seems to me that there would be many children born here in the US that are up for adoption. Considering birth rates.

There are quite a few babies available for adoption here, but white babies are at a premium, especially blonde, blue-eyed ones. It's a pretty commonly-known fact about adoption in the US.

Gosh could it be that so many African nations have MASSIVE POVERTY? Could it be that there are WAY more black children that are orphans due to disease, startvation, and war?

Could it be that officials in third-world nations are so much more susceptible to bribes to expedite the whole process? I'm told that's a significant consideration sometimes.

Americans by law should only be allowed to adopt American orphans.

Only if we run out of American kids.

Then would people be allowed to adopt out of country.

Define "kid".

Babies in this country that are up for adoption do not languish in orphanage cribs or miss out on medical care or nutrition. They are snapped up quickly, often through private adoption or relative adoption.

FOSTER kids are a whole different story. Nobody should be "forced" to adopt a foster kid if they aren't up for it.

OK so your saying than that the people on waiting list want only babies? Foster kids are jsut kids put up for adoption in some cases.

I made the birth rate comment under the assumption that their might be a correlation between the two. Or at least an average of some kind. So if there are 500,000 babies born here in the US and say the average is 5% will be put up for adoption. That sort of stat or something similar. Of course those numbers are fictitious.

Yes, people would much rather adopt babies than older children, because there's less likelihood of having to deal with all manner of abuse issues or feelings of displacement. Babies have essentially never known any other home or family, and adjust to adoption easier.

I can't believe people can ask such questions so close to MLK birthday. Sunni, listen more to MLK and less to OBL!

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

"I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at a table of brotherhood.

My family already went past that. We're descended from Jefferson Davis, and my sister has a son who's half-black.

I imagine poor ol' Jeff is rolling in his grave to hear that he has a black great-great-grandson. Oh, well.

they want a baby that will be an integral part of their family. These are people who wanted their own kids, for the most part, and couldn't have them. They aren't doing it for the good of the world, they're doing it to extend their own family, and from that perspective, the younger a child is, the better he or she will fit in.

Plus they want to experience infancy of a child.

It is their perogative, and it's perfectly natural. Not everyone wants to deal with older kids who have issues of loss, anger, developmental delays, behavior issues...and who may still need and want to maintain contact with family members.

I can see that, but I would also think that raising a child of a different race will give the child identity issues. And how does that baby "fit in" to the family?

I'm still confused on this whole "identity" issue and why you think they wouldn't "fit in".

I can see that, but I would also think that raising a child of a different race will give the child identity issues. And how does that baby "fit in" to the family?

easy young children adapt and are color blind to the people that love them and care for them. It is a good experience for the child when they grow up and go out into the world that is full of people from differant races.

The rest of the world would see the difference. A 4 year old may not see or even know what the stereotype of certain races, he and his classmates will surely see and point out the differences in his race in comparison to his mother or father.

So you think family decisions should be decided by the assholery of virtual strangers? What a great way to raise another generation of little racists, instead of kids who understand that race and ethnicity mean very little next to the character of individuals...

The OP was speaking more on actual Africans, rather than blacks.

The Op has an edit button like everyone else. Why didn't he/she use it to refer to the blacks as Africans?

This thread was designed specifically paint the issue with a broad stroke.

In using the word black, without being specific, he'd basically threw the entire ethnic group into the discussion, which pretty much summarize my point.

There are black american children and teens being adopted or taken in by white families; There's a pretty good movie about one such case; still in the theaters if you're interested.

What makes their cases any different than that of the african adoptees?

Your floor...

Maybe the OP didn't refer to Africans because not all black people - or black children adopted by white Americans - are African. And it is entirely possible she IS referring to the apparent trend of white parents adopting black or Asian kids INCLUDING those who adopt such children from here in the US, as well, although I suspect from her wording that she's mostly referring to prominent celebrity adoptions of non-white children from other countries.

Fortunately, there are many who do look beyond the color and do adopt these children who deserve to be raised by someone who cares for them as anyone else. The reality is that there are fewer blacks families available to adopt children than there are black children who are available for adoption. The difference in numbers is quite stark and an unfortunate reality. It is a good thing that there are others who will fill that gap and they should be encouraged not suspected.
As for asians, the social mores of those countries look upon someone having children who cannot support them as being monumentally irresponsible and socially unacceptable. Putting a child you cannot support up for adoption is considered unquestionably the decent thing to do. But teenagers will be teenagers no matter where you are in the world and consequently there are a very large number of asian children available for adoption.
Anyone choosing to love and raise a child is answering a very high calling.

Wow you guys are just SICK if you think people are going out to adopt a child (black or aotherwise) as some kind of "STATUS SYMBOL". It shows a very disturbing picture of YOUR mentality to think such things.

Yeah.

Because Madonna and Angelina Jolie are rushing to Appalachia to adopt poor white babies...

Have you ever noticed that the more truthful the observation, the more outraged people are that you noticed it?

Wow you guys are just SICK if you think people are going out to adopt a child (black or aotherwise) as some kind of "STATUS SYMBOL". It shows a very disturbing picture of YOUR mentality to think such things.

Yeah.

Because Madonna and Angelina Jolie are rushing to Appalachia to adopt poor white babies...

Have you ever noticed that the more truthful the observation, the more outraged people are that you noticed it?

Maybe because they see that the DESPERATION and STARVATION of foreign orphans is FAR worse that in the US.

Yeah.

Appalachia is not exactly overflowing with white babies up for adoption.

Yeah.

Maybe because they see that the DESPERATION and STARVATION of foreign orphans is FAR worse that in the US.

You've obviously never seen the desperation and starvation right here at home--in Appalachia.

It's heartbreaking....and there are PLENTY of poor white children in need of good homes in the hills.

Go take a tour from N. Ga all the way up the Appalachian trail.....you'll run into plenty.

Geez. :rolleyes:

I think any decent human, who likes kids and who has money, and who has devoted time and energy to publicizing the plight of children in orphanages in very, VERY poor countries, would have a hard time not trying to bring out as many of those kids as humanly possible.

America doesn't exactly have orphanages overflowing with destitute infants who suffer from contact deprivation, w ho are kept in filthy cribs for most of each day, who are malnourished and don't have any real prospects of being adopted.

These other countries do. These kids are found deserted in the streets by the thousands.

Last edited:
Everytime I look at the news I see white people adopting black or asian children. I would like to know why the sudden intrest in black children are they some kind of trophy. There are children in other countries that are elligible for adoption so I don't understand why black children.::confused:

Did you happen to see what happened to the children of Haiti during the earthquake. I admire the people who are doing this, these children's parents have been killed or they were orphaned beforehand. They are going to good loving homes, where they can live good lives, who cares what color anyone is, it's the love of good parents that matters in the end.

Everytime I look at the news I see white people adopting black or asian children. I would like to know why the sudden intrest in black children is this some kind of trophy. There are children in other countries that are elligible for adoption so I don't understand why black children.::confused:

So these people adopting children should go to other countries and only adopt white children? And they shouldn't adopt Black or Asian children from the USA?

I am POSITIVE the reason they adopt children of other races is so they can hold them up like trophies. I'm POSITIVE it's not because they want to offer these children a home with loving parents, right?

I have a great new pair of black boots and bag, think I should get one of these black babies to match or would that be toooo tacky?
so I can decide would you post a pic with you only wearing your boots and bag:tongue:

In the UK for some years the goverment has been making adoption easier.

Roman Catholic adoption agencies have been warned if the descriminate against Gays and Lesbians, they will be closed.:clap2:

Forum List

Back