White man gets 17 years for shooting super-drunk black breaking into his house at 4 AM

He got 17 years. He'll get good time/work time credit and serve only half. That's fair. He really was wrong to have blasted away at someone on his porch no matter how drunk she was.

Christ, I have to agree with you on something.
I know! She does this to me too, and it throws me for a loop near every time! I agree with her on a few things now! Amazing! :D

She was unarmed and he shot her through the door. He deserves what he got.

This is as crazy as it gets. Whites are never allowed to defend themselves when attacked by crazy blacks.

Theodore Wafer sentenced to 17 years in prison for shooting dead Renisha McBride Mail Online

sep 2 2014
A white homeowner who gunned down an unarmed 19-year-old black woman on his porch last year has been sentenced to at least 17 years in prison.

Theodore Wafer was convicted of second-degree murder in August for killing Renisha McBride outside his home in Dearborn Heights in Detroit, Michigan home in the early hours of November 2.

Wafer was convicted last month after a nine-day trial that centered on whether he had a reasonable and honest belief that his safety was in peril.

He testified that he was awakened by pounding on his doors and shot McBride - who was found to be extremely drunk - because he feared for his life. But a jury rejected his claim of self-defense.

He should have just called the police. If she actually entered his house then the shooting would be justified. That was probably the point of contention here.

Call the cops??? HAHAHA. This is detroit, you nitwit.
She was knocking on his door...how about just not answer it, yell go away, answer it and tell her to leave? Instead he killed her, the jury made a good call.

He got 17 years. He'll get good time/work time credit and serve only half. That's fair. He really was wrong to have blasted away at someone on his porch no matter how drunk she was.

Drunk. 4 AM. Pounding on his door. He was under attack and for all he knows, there's a whole bunch of these animals. If the races were reversed, you crazy libs would be calling the shooter a hero.
Shooting of Renisha McBride - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"On November 2, 2013, McBride crashed her car at Bramell and Majestic on the west side of Detroit. Police report that the 911 caller said a woman had been speeding down the street, struck a parked car, got out of the vehicle, and then left on foot.

"Police initially considered the incident a low priority, so no officers were immediately dispatched.

"Forty minutes later, another call was placed indicating that the driver had returned. EMS arrived on the scene, but McBride had again walked away from the scene and was not treated.[5]

"The owner of the parked car, who encountered McBride and called 911, told police that McBride was 'discombobulated" and appeared to be in a "confused state of not knowing where she was and not being able to give a phone number or anything.'[6]

"Shortly before 4:42 am, McBride was shot by homeowner Theodore Paul Wafer, 54, on the porch of his Dearborn Heights home, more than three hours after she crashed her car about a mile away.[7][8][9]

"Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy stated Wafer opened his front door and fired a shotgun blast through a screen door, hitting McBride in her face.[7]"

Sounds like McBride was suffering from a concussion and alcohol when she was shot for being Black?

The problem of racism will never go away if we continue to take sides purely based on race. We as a society have to be objective in ensuring that there is a justice for all of us regardless of our skin color. I am glad to see people from both party are united on this issue. This shooting was nothing but an utter display of cruelty. I think he should have gotten at least 25 years in the prison for taking an innocent life.

Drunk. 4 AM. Pounding on his door. He was under attack and for all he knows, there's a whole bunch of these animals. If the races were reversed, you crazy libs would be calling the shooter a hero.

Pounding on someone door does not equal an attack in the most feverish paranoia.

Your hate for blacks fuels this dehumanization you feel toward them and justifies any violence done to them. You really need help, dude.

The problem of racism will never go away if we continue to take sides purely based on race. We as a society have to be objective in ensuring that there is a justice for all of us regardless of our skin color. I am glad to see people from both party are united on this issue. This shooting was nothing but an utter display of cruelty. I think he should have gotten at least 25 years in the prison for taking an innocent life.
One report I've heard on the radio this morning stated Wafer will be required to serve at least 17 years before becoming eligible for parole.

Shooting of Renisha McBride - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

"On November 2, 2013, McBride crashed her car at Bramell and Majestic on the west side of Detroit. Police report that the 911 caller said a woman had been speeding down the street, struck a parked car, got out of the vehicle, and then left on foot.

"Police initially considered the incident a low priority, so no officers were immediately dispatched.

"Forty minutes later, another call was placed indicating that the driver had returned. EMS arrived on the scene, but McBride had again walked away from the scene and was not treated.[5]

"The owner of the parked car, who encountered McBride and called 911, told police that McBride was 'discombobulated" and appeared to be in a "confused state of not knowing where she was and not being able to give a phone number or anything.'[6]

"Shortly before 4:42 am, McBride was shot by homeowner Theodore Paul Wafer, 54, on the porch of his Dearborn Heights home, more than three hours after she crashed her car about a mile away.[7][8][9]

"Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy stated Wafer opened his front door and fired a shotgun blast through a screen door, hitting McBride in her face.[7]"

Sounds like McBride was suffering from a concussion and alcohol when she was shot for being Black?
Yes, likely a concussion, in my amateur opinion.
But is biased speculation for you to say that the guy shot her because she was black. He sounds like a frightened soul who was aggravated as well at having been woken up in the morning by an idiot that wont go away. Still he should have called the cops.

One report I've heard on the radio this morning stated Wafer will be required to serve at least 17 years before becoming eligible for parole.

With the prison system today, nothing is set in stone. A governor could give the man a parole for no reason at all.

The national press has buried this story because even they know the white man was screwed every way but right side up. If the races were reversed, the press would be howling about this injustice.
This is also a lie.

Numerous National media outlets have been reporting the story, including the trial, verdict, and sentencing.

BS - the sentencing has been buried. 17 years for obvious self-defense is insane.

He shot her while she was outside for knocking on his door.

If i had the chance, I would have shot HIM in the face in order to have prevented this.

She was in an accident and was looking for help; a seventeen year old, unarmed and knocking on the FRONT fucking door.

I have own guns all my life - this incident would not be considered self-defense in any state.

Your front door is a common area - people can enter your yard to knock on your door, knocking this late could have been "disturbing the peace" except for the fact that she was hurt and looking for help.

This thread is complete, unadulterated bull shit.

With the prison system today, nothing is set in stone. A governor could give the man a parole for no reason at all.

Doubtful, this will not be overturned or pardoned, It's a very clear case of shooting an unarmed child who was OUTSIDE of the house and presenting no eminent danger, whatsoever.

The problem of racism will never go away if we continue to take sides purely based on race. We as a society have to be objective in ensuring that there is a justice for all of us regardless of our skin color. I am glad to see people from both party are united on this issue.

But the fly in the ointment is Identity Politics which rationalizes people being treated as groups, getting group rights, and some getting group penalties. Many of our laws that address intra-racial issues are based on an Identity Politics perspective. For every black person who gets a job where he is less qualified than 20 whites who did not get the job, the whites get victimized for alleged group crimes committed in the past. That is why the courts justify such quotas and set asides in states with a 'history of discrimination'.

You could be white and have just moved down to Georgia from Ohio where all your Civil War ancestors came from and fought to end slavery and opposed Jim Crow, etc down to your daddy marching for Civil Rights. None of that counts when your race as a white totally gets you slammed by a legal system where you do not have the same legal standing because of group punishment due to nothing more than your race.

And whites will continue to have this discrimination against them encoded into law as long as whites do not organize to protect their rights within our currently reigning Identity Politics system.

That is why the libtards have started this campaign about 'white privilege' and justify the loss of equal standing for whites by saying this merely balances out the impact of white privilege. But white privilege is not supported by the statistics. There is an upper class privilege, but not all whites are rich or upper class and thereby get no privs, only the demerits for what the slave owning rich did 150+ years ago. Besides, EVCERYONE should have equal standing before the law, including the rich anyway. Who you are should not matter in a court of law, the courts should be blind to anything but the criminal facts.

Racial animosities will not evaporate until the law is totally race neutral. Period, and not an Obama period.

Last edited:

Doubtful, this will not be overturned or pardoned, It's a very clear case of shooting an unarmed child who was OUTSIDE of the house and presenting no eminent danger, whatsoever.

Why do you refer to her as a child? She was a teen but no child, except by the dry legal standard which is nonsense.

Also, why no defense based on the mans mental state at being just awoken at 4 am? I am not myself for about 30 minutes after getting up. He may not have been in his full normal awareness mentally at that moment.

[

And dishonest too -- no one on any side ever claimed the teenage girl was "breaking in".
You're part of the problem.

You're the liar. She was pounding on the door at 4 AM.!!!
So...what is it about pounding on a door at 4 AM justifies killing someone?

Just woke up and hadn't had his coffee yet?

Seriously I think all but the most radical racists see that this was not a justifiable homicide.

The national press has buried this story because even they know the white man was screwed every way but right side up. If the races were reversed, the press would be howling about this injustice.
This is also a lie.

Numerous National media outlets have been reporting the story, including the trial, verdict, and sentencing.

BS - the sentencing has been buried. 17 years for obvious self-defense is insane.

He shot her while she was outside for knocking on his door.

If i had the chance, I would have shot HIM in the face in order to have prevented this.

She was in an accident and was looking for help; a seventeen year old, unarmed and knocking on the FRONT fucking door.

I have own guns all my life - this incident would not be considered self-defense in any state.

Your front door is a common area - people can enter your yard to knock on your door, knocking this late could have been "disturbing the peace" except for the fact that she was hurt and looking for help.

This thread is complete, unadulterated bull shit.

No, it is interesting to see the different attitudes people take, but to say that the man got ripped off for being convicted is bullshit.

Why do you refer to her as a child? She was a teen but no child, except by the dry legal standard which is nonsense.

Also, why no defense based on the mans mental state at being just awoken at 4 am? I am not myself for about 30 minutes after getting up. He may not have been in his full normal awareness mentally at that moment.

Hmmm ... being 'sleepy' is a very a difficult defense to try and implement in a court of law.

If i fell asleep behind the wheel of a rig and killed someone, I would most likely be convicted for it, the logic being that I should not have been driving.

I wake up in the middle of the night all the time and have not once, shot someone in the face.

Yes, absolutely a child. I certainly would not date someone that age, why? Because she's a child.

Forum List

Back