White man gets 17 years for shooting super-drunk black breaking into his house at 4 AM

Yes, absolutely a child. I certainly would not date someone that age, why? Because she's a child.
A 19 year old is not a child. Dating or having sex with her is completely legal. She can vote, move away from home, buy a gun, fight in war, be charged as adult for crimes, get a drivers license & drive, work jobs, own property, pay taxes, sign legal contracts, get married, have kids & do anything she wants except buy or drink alcohol, which incidentally is what caused her all these problems in the first place.

Last edited:
No, it is interesting to see the different attitudes people take, but to say that the man got ripped off for being convicted is bullshit.

Not sure what you are saying here, can you elaborate?

The canned description of race relations in this country are so often presented as white vrs black, but it isn't that simple and this thread is bringing out all the shades of opinion on the topic. That to me is interesting.

Yes, absolutely a child. I certainly would not date someone that age, why? Because she's a child.
A 19 year old is not a child. Dating or having sex with her is completely legal. She can vote, fight in war, be charged as adult for crimes, get a drivers license & drive, work jobs, own property, pay taxes, sign legal contracts, get married, have kids & do anything she wants except buy or drink alcohol, which incidentally is what caused her all these problems in the first place.

Yes, when one stops being a child is very vague in our society and we have completely contrary views on that depending on the situation.

An 18 year old can do critical maintenance on a multi million dollar aircraft or drive an equally expensive tank in battle, but cannot handle a beer?

I remember the debate on lowering the voting age to 18 and so many argued vociferously that 18 was way too young to vote, but now that same political demographic seems to have no problem using the as 'children' when it suits another enlightened purpose like catalyzing sympathy for an 19 year old.

The problem of racism will never go away if we continue to take sides purely based on race. We as a society have to be objective in ensuring that there is a justice for all of us regardless of our skin color. I am glad to see people from both party are united on this issue. This shooting was nothing but an utter display of cruelty. I think he should have gotten at least 25 years in the prison for taking an innocent life.
One report I've heard on the radio this morning stated Wafer will be required to serve at least 17 years before becoming eligible for parole.

With the prison system today, nothing is set in stone. A governor could give the man a parole for no reason at all.

Doubtful, this will not be overturned or pardoned, It's a very clear case of shooting an unarmed child who was OUTSIDE of the house and presenting no eminent danger, whatsoever.

Why do you refer to her as a child? She was a teen but no child, except by the dry legal standard which is nonsense.

Also, why no defense based on the mans mental state at being just awoken at 4 am? I am not myself for about 30 minutes after getting up. He may not have been in his full normal awareness mentally at that moment.

Hmmm ... being 'sleepy' is a very a difficult defense to try and implement in a court of law.

If i fell asleep behind the wheel of a rig and killed someone, I would most likely be convicted for it, the logic being that I should not have been driving.

I wake up in the middle of the night all the time and have not once, shot someone in the face.

You voluntarily decided to drive while sleepy, but the home owner had no choice about being awakened. That is a startling experience, but he should have known better than to just shoot through his door unless he saw her with a weapon and coming at him or preparing to shoot and I don't think he made any such claim.

Well, one shouldn't date anyone less than half your age has been the long reigning rule of thumb, I have been told. But it is irrelevant to this discussion. Any 12 year old could pull a gun and shoot up your home.

He got 17 years. He'll get good time/work time credit and serve only half. That's fair. He really was wrong to have blasted away at someone on his porch no matter how drunk she was.

Christ, I have to agree with you on something.
I know! She does this to me too, and it throws me for a loop near every time! I agree with her on a few things now! Amazing! :D

I'm thinkin' she walks away from her computer and somebody else tosses a post. Until I see a pattern I'm going with that.

The problem of racism will never go away if we continue to take sides purely based on race. We as a society have to be objective in ensuring that there is a justice for all of us regardless of our skin color. I am glad to see people from both party are united on this issue. This shooting was nothing but an utter display of cruelty. I think he should have gotten at least 25 years in the prison for taking an innocent life.
One report I've heard on the radio this morning stated Wafer will be required to serve at least 17 years before becoming eligible for parole.

With the prison system today, nothing is set in stone. A governor could give the man a parole for no reason at all.

Doubtful, this will not be overturned or pardoned, It's a very clear case of shooting an unarmed child who was OUTSIDE of the house and presenting no eminent danger, whatsoever.

Why do you refer to her as a child? She was a teen but no child, except by the dry legal standard which is nonsense.

Also, why no defense based on the mans mental state at being just awoken at 4 am? I am not myself for about 30 minutes after getting up. He may not have been in his full normal awareness mentally at that moment.

If that's the case he's in no state to be handling firearms for any reason at all. Just as he would be in no state to drive.

This is as crazy as it gets. Whites are never allowed to defend themselves when attacked by crazy blacks.

Theodore Wafer sentenced to 17 years in prison for shooting dead Renisha McBride Mail Online

sep 2 2014
A white homeowner who gunned down an unarmed 19-year-old black woman on his porch last year has been sentenced to at least 17 years in prison.

Theodore Wafer was convicted of second-degree murder in August for killing Renisha McBride outside his home in Dearborn Heights in Detroit, Michigan home in the early hours of November 2.

Wafer was convicted last month after a nine-day trial that centered on whether he had a reasonable and honest belief that his safety was in peril.

He testified that he was awakened by pounding on his doors and shot McBride - who was found to be extremely drunk - because he feared for his life. But a jury rejected his claim of self-defense.

Isn't this the guy who opened his door and shot the woman in the face through his screen door? Yeah fuck that guy.

He should have just called the police. If she actually entered his house then the shooting would be justified. That was probably the point of contention here.

I agree. Someone banging on your door? Call a cop.

Someone breaks into your house shoot the fucker.

Well shoot him if he is a threat and wont follow your directions to keep you feeling that he is not a threat.

You don't want to live with the knowledge that you killed someone if you can avoid it.

This is as crazy as it gets. Whites are never allowed to defend themselves when attacked by crazy blacks.

Theodore Wafer sentenced to 17 years in prison for shooting dead Renisha McBride Mail Online

sep 2 2014
A white homeowner who gunned down an unarmed 19-year-old black woman on his porch last year has been sentenced to at least 17 years in prison.

Theodore Wafer was convicted of second-degree murder in August for killing Renisha McBride outside his home in Dearborn Heights in Detroit, Michigan home in the early hours of November 2.

Wafer was convicted last month after a nine-day trial that centered on whether he had a reasonable and honest belief that his safety was in peril.

He testified that he was awakened by pounding on his doors and shot McBride - who was found to be extremely drunk - because he feared for his life. But a jury rejected his claim of self-defense.

Isn't this the guy who opened his door and shot the woman in the face through his screen door? Yeah fuck that guy.

Wow, you catch on quick, SMTTAB

He should have just called the police. If she actually entered his house then the shooting would be justified. That was probably the point of contention here.

I agree. Someone banging on your door? Call a cop.

Someone breaks into your house shoot the fucker.

Well shoot him if he is a threat and wont follow your directions to keep you feeling that he is not a threat.

Bullshit pal.

Anone breaking into my house in the middle of the night sure ain't there to ask for a cup of sugar.

Anyone breaking into my house in the middle of the night will meet my shotgun up close and personal and they will die and won't bat an eye as I blow his or her ass to hell.

You can take the time to find out why they broke in but I won't.

You don't want to live with the knowledge that you killed someone if you can avoid it.

She was unarmed and he shot her through the door. He deserves what he got.

He didn't know she was unarmed or alone. This is like if some idiot stranger points a toy gun at you and you shoot. Are you at fault?

Bullshit pal.

Anyone breaking into your house in the middle of the night ain't there to borrow a cup of sugar.

Anyone breaking into my house in the middle of the night will meet my shotgun up close and personal as I blow them to hell.

I won't bat an eye as I do it and believe me killing their ass won't bother me one little bit.

Keep the doors locked & call 911 if you wake up in a bad mood. Don't shoot until someone gets at least part way broken into the house.

This dude should have jimmied the door & put a big screw driver in her hand. You have no chance in court shooting someone for knocking on your door no matter what mood your in or what time it is. Just imagine how many people would have been shot during the Boston Bombing Man Hunt Lock Down if people were allowed to shoot anyone who knocked on their door just because they were scared.

She was in an accident and was looking for help; a seventeen year old, unarmed and knocking on the FRONT fucking door.

Hey stupid. This so called "accident" was her fault since she was super drunk. And it happened like 3 hours earlier!!! She wasn't looking for help, you fool. Who knows what she was up to?. Just some crazy nut trying to break down your door at 4 AM.

Get your facts straight or GTF outta here

She was in an accident and was looking for help; a seventeen year old, unarmed and knocking on the FRONT fucking door.

Hey stupid. This so called "accident" was her fault since she was super drunk. And it happened like 3 hours earlier!!! She wasn't looking for help, you fool. Who knows what she was up to?. Just some crazy nut trying to break down your door at 4 AM.

Get your facts straight or GTF outta here

How is that not an "accident"? You're saying she intentionally crashed her car?
And how is banging on a door "breaking in"? How exactly did the guy manage to shoot through his own door if she "broke in"? And even if she had been, how exactly is a grown man "threatened" by an unarmed falling-down drunk teenage girl?

Do you, like take stupid pills in the morning? Or is it in suppository form?

He didn't know she was unarmed or alone. This is like if some idiot stranger points a toy gun at you and you shoot. Are you at fault?
Apples & oranges idiot. He should have locked the door, told her to leave, called police if she refused to leave & stood watch with his gun until they arrived.

There's no justification for shooting someone through your door.

HAHAHA. What a stupid thing to say. I can give a million examples where it would be justified. What if they have a gun and are shooting at you thru the door?

Forum List

Back