White Kid May be Criminally Prosecuted for Videotaping Black Classmate Eating Chicken

And what makes this so bad is what exactly?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
It was done with racist intent. When did you climb out from under your rock?
I haven't been under a rock. I was only trying to make a point. Maybe asking this question would have been a better way to put it: Is there anything that a person can't be busted for these days?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
You dont think doing something with racist intent is bad? What point were you trying to make? You cant be busted for smoking weed anymore in certain states. Nor can you get busted for drinking if you are over the age established by the laws of that state.
I believe that doing something with a racist intent is bad, yes, but how does a white kid filming a black kid eating food fall into such a category? What if the reason for the filming didn't have anything to do with race? Should the kid still be busted because of how other people choose to look at the kid's choice of action?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly
I haven't been under a rock. I was only trying to make a point. Maybe asking this question would have been a better way to put it: Is there anything that a person can't be busted for these days?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
You dont think doing something with racist intent is bad? What point were you trying to make? You cant be busted for smoking weed anymore in certain states. Nor can you get busted for drinking if you are over the age established by the laws of that state.
I believe that doing something with a racist intent is bad, yes, but how does a white kid filming a black kid eating food fall into such a category? What if the reason for the filming didn't have anything to do with race? Should the kid still be busted because of how other people choose to look at the kid's choice of action?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Did you read the link? From your comment i dont think you did.

Charges Possible Over Video Of Black Student Eating Chicken

"The teenager recorded a 16-year-old black boy eating chicken wings and in narrating the video called the older boy the N-word and made references to “being broke and on welfare,” said Morganelli, who called the video “reprehensible” and “repulsive"

Next thing you know its gonna be against the law to make fun of gingers. Then we know we are fucked as a society.
Not really. If you know the law you wouldnt even suggest such a silly thing. It is against the law to harass people not to mention dangerous if they take the law into their own hand. Its not against the law to make fun of people. If that was the case Drumpf would have sued practically everyone in existence by now.

I do know the law. I also have a fucked up sense of humor. :muahaha:

It is too bad stuff like this has to be handled by the police or court system. This is a parenting issue. The kid needs the shit slapped out of him, or worse. Unfortunately the parents in this case are probably part of the problem (after all behavior like this is learned) so they probably don't care.

I work with kids so I see how they treat each other. Its too bad shit like this happens. But then again, adults aren't much better. Look at how we treat each other on this board, and we are (mostly) adults, age wise at least.
It may be the cause of a parenting issue but once the little monkey stepped over the line into breaking the law it became a legal issue. I see no reason not to involve the law once the law has been broken. Many child molestors were molested as children. That doesnt mean they shouldnt be held responsible for their actions if they are underage and molest another child.

This is EXACTLY why we as police are frustrated. EVERYTHING comes down to us. Even "bullying" on social media. Mental illness. Drug and alcohol abuse. Pretty much everything. Then, when the public doesn't like how it is handled, we get hung out to dry. That's what this is, bullying. Call it "racial this" or "racial that" or harassment (which typically is not a one time behavior, it is repeated) or whatever you want, but now we get to police social media every time someone gets their feelings hurt.

The kid beat the other kids ass. Call it good.
Youre frustrated about doing your job? That sounds like a serious personal issue. When you signed up did they promise you the laws would never change? Your job is to arrest people that commit crimes when its all said and summarized. You dont get to determine how you do that job. You do it according to the procedure set forth by your dept. If your departments procedure is shitty then you voice your concerns and try to get them changed. However, you maintain your professionalism and do what you were hired to do.

I personally dont have a problem with the kid that was harrassed beating the other kids ass. However, what if the kid doing the harassing is a 275lb all state linebacker in high school and the kid being harassed is a 130lb science class nerd?

It isn't about the laws changing. It is about federal and state governments reducing funding on mental health, drug and alcohol programs, and prisons. Guess what that equals? Cops get to repeatedly deal with mentally ill alcoholics and meth addicts because the rest of the system is failing. We arrest them, they release them, we arrest them, they release them, eventually things go south and we end up shooting them. Then who takes all the shit for it? Yes, the police.

So, yes I am fucking frustrated. And it ain't just me. This is countrywide Take it from the former Chief in Dallas:

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

"The teenager recorded a 16-year-old black boy eating chicken wings and in narrating the video called the older boy the N-word and made references to “being broke and on welfare,” said Morganelli, who called the video “reprehensible” and “repulsive"
Still at the end of the day, someone being filmed eating food is not the worst thing that can be done to them. When you really think about it, such a thing is actually done anyways. If restaurants can film their customers through their surveillance systems, why can't that kid film someone too?

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

Welcome to the era of thought crimes. Every word said, can, and will be, used against you at all times...

John Morganelli
2 hrs ·
A handful of people have called my office to proclaim that being a racist is not a crime and that, therefore, no further investigation is needed in the matter involving the recording and distribution of a racist video aimed directly at one, particular black high school student who was minding his own business.

It is true that being a racist is not a crime. But Harassment IS a crime and when one engages in the harassment of another individual with malicious intention toward the race,color, religion or national origin of that person, -- that is yet another crime- called Ethnic Intimidation.

Every person has a right to the peaceful enjoyment of their lives. No one should be subjected to seriously disparaging statements about their physical characteristics including but not limited to their race.

You can let him know what you think on his FB :)
A can agree with it being a crime to harass or intimidate someone. That being said, it do not see harassing someone due to race to be a greater crime than harassing someone because he is fat or some other nonracial reason. Being a racist has been elevated to a crime almost equivalent to rape or murder. Being a racist is wrong, but there are worst things.

Making fun of Whites is the most common and popular part of most Black comedians' acts.
I disagree. Making fun of whites is pretty much a part of all comedian acts regardless of race. I have never seen it be the most popular or common. The only one I can even recall is the one Eddie Murphy did about white priviledge.
The Black comedian who most prominently, and constantly, pokes fun at Whites, sometimes maliciously, is Paul Mooney. Another who spends at least as much time ragging on Whites, though not as cynically as Mooney, is Dave Chapelle. I have never watched a routine by either of those two which was not dominated by mockery of Whites.

The one Black comedian whom I've never heard make fun of Whites is Sinbad. D.L. Hughley does it sometimes, but it's more comedic than malicious. Likewise Eddie Griffin (my favorite Black comic).

If any White comedian mocked Blacks the way most Black comedians mock Whites there would be angrily indignant protests and that comedian would be blackballed (no pun intended).
Bill Cosby's material is still good...........even if he is a rapist.

It isn't about the laws changing. It is about federal and state governments reducing funding on mental health, drug and alcohol programs, and prisons. Guess what that equals? Cops get to repeatedly deal with mentally ill alcoholics and meth addicts because the rest of the system is failing. We arrest them, they release them, we arrest them, they release them, eventually things go south and we end up shooting them. Then who takes all the shit for it? Yes, the police.
Anyone who watches the TV "ride-along" documentary series, COPS, knows that at least 80% of contemporary police activity involves arrests for possession or sale of recreational drugs, which, except for distribution to minors, is a victimless "crime" category. There would be a redeeming aspect to this perverse misuse of our police resources if it could be said it reduces the negative effects of recreational drug use, but it doesn't. The fact is recreational drugs of all kinds are no less available today than they were when the wholly counterproductive War On Drugs was initiated by Richard Nixon and escalated to its presently insane level by Ronald Reagan.

I don't pay taxes so cops can be hired to harass and arrest people who harm no one. That's not what I want our police to be wasting their time on. Yet that is what they've been doing at a dramatically increasing rate, year after year, since the early 1970s. And it is no coincidence that public antagonism toward police commenced and has been increasing in proportion with the increasing intensity of the drug war.

Anyone who watches the TV "ride-along" documentary series, COPS, knows that at least 80% of contemporary police activity involves arrests for possession or sale of recreational drugs, which, except for distribution to minors, is a victimless "crime" category. There would be a redeeming aspect to this perverse misuse of our police resources if it could be said it reduces the negative effects of recreational drug use, but it doesn't. The fact is recreational drugs of all kinds are no less available today than they were when the wholly counterproductive War On Drugs was initiated by Richard Nixon and escalated to its presently insane level by Ronald Reagan.

I don't pay taxes so cops can be hired to harass and arrest people who harm no one. That's not what I want our police to be wasting their time on. Yet that is what they've been doing at a dramatically increasing rate, year after year, since the early 1970s. And it is no coincidence that public antagonism toward police commenced and has been increasing in proportion with the increasing intensity of the drug war.

Lol...bullshit..
Here we go again with the COPS is the reality. The TV SHOW.

Do you consider meth a recreational drug???

God bless you always!!!

Holly

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Still at the end of the day, someone being filmed eating food is not the worst thing that can be done to them. When you really think about it, such a thing is actually done anyways. If restaurants can film their customers through their surveillance systems, why can't that kid film someone too?

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly
You keep missing the point somehow. Its not that he filmed the Black kid eating. its that the white boy filmed him eating and made it a racial attack. You didnt ask if it was the worst thing. You asked if it was a bad thing.

You need to stop doing drugs and watching cops. They are known to overly represent one race as bad guys and over dramatize their arrests.

Not really. If you know the law you wouldnt even suggest such a silly thing. It is against the law to harass people not to mention dangerous if they take the law into their own hand. Its not against the law to make fun of people. If that was the case Drumpf would have sued practically everyone in existence by now.

It is too bad stuff like this has to be handled by the police or court system. This is a parenting issue. The kid needs the shit slapped out of him, or worse. Unfortunately the parents in this case are probably part of the problem (after all behavior like this is learned) so they probably don't care.

I work with kids so I see how they treat each other. Its too bad shit like this happens. But then again, adults aren't much better. Look at how we treat each other on this board, and we are (mostly) adults, age wise at least.
It may be the cause of a parenting issue but once the little monkey stepped over the line into breaking the law it became a legal issue. I see no reason not to involve the law once the law has been broken. Many child molestors were molested as children. That doesnt mean they shouldnt be held responsible for their actions if they are underage and molest another child.

This is EXACTLY why we as police are frustrated. EVERYTHING comes down to us. Even "bullying" on social media. Mental illness. Drug and alcohol abuse. Pretty much everything. Then, when the public doesn't like how it is handled, we get hung out to dry. That's what this is, bullying. Call it "racial this" or "racial that" or harassment (which typically is not a one time behavior, it is repeated) or whatever you want, but now we get to police social media every time someone gets their feelings hurt.

Youre frustrated about doing your job? That sounds like a serious personal issue. When you signed up did they promise you the laws would never change? Your job is to arrest people that commit crimes when its all said and summarized. You dont get to determine how you do that job. You do it according to the procedure set forth by your dept. If your departments procedure is shitty then you voice your concerns and try to get them changed. However, you maintain your professionalism and do what you were hired to do.

I personally dont have a problem with the kid that was harrassed beating the other kids ass. However, what if the kid doing the harassing is a 275lb all state linebacker in high school and the kid being harassed is a 130lb science class nerd?

So, yes I am fucking frustrated. And it ain't just me. This is countrywide Take it from the former Chief in Dallas:

Blame Regan for releasing all the nut cases and the GOP for cutting the funding to treat and house them. Still you have to do your job regardless. It may be frustrating but no one every promised you it wouldnt be. Anyone that has an issue with you shooting someone that is about to harm you is not someone you should be concerned with. You should ask yourself if you did everything you could possibly do in orde to deescalate the situation and if force is required was it the minimum needed. if you can say yes to those questions honestly then you should be good.

Here you go, here are some actual numbers (aka FACTS)

From the LAPD crime report, 2011:

http://assets.lapdonline.org/assets/pdf/Statistical_Digest_2011.pdf

9.1-11.0 at the end.

Total arrests 98590 (32240 felony, 61551 Misd, + "Other")
808 marijuana arrets (0.8%)
3493 narcotics
2503 "dangerous drugs"

total drug arrests 6.9%

I did the same for the Chicago PD. 42253 drug arrests (including all drugs) 167541 total arrests = 25%

So 80% Not even fucking close.

Lol...bullshit..
Here we go again with the COPS is the reality. The TV SHOW.
COPS is a documentary production composed of real sequences, about 80% of which involve drug arrests. If you regard that as "bullshit" it's because you have some personal need to.

Do you consider meth a recreational drug???
Yes. But one which should be avoided as diligently as 190 proof beverage alcohol (Polish vodka). It can cause mental and physical harm.

Blame Regan for releasing all the nut cases and the GOP for cutting the funding to treat and house them. Still you have to do your job regardless. It may be frustrating but no one every promised you it wouldnt be. Anyone that has an issue with you shooting someone that is about to harm you is not someone you should be concerned with. You should ask yourself if you did everything you could possibly do in orde to deescalate the situation and if force is required was it the minimum needed. if you can say yes to those questions honestly then you should be good.

oh, just Reagan???? OK, lol.

And really, I shouldn't be concerned with public opinion? Because public opinion cost Darren Wilson his job when he JUSTIFIABLY shot Michael Brown. So don't give me that bullshit. You would be frustrated too if the douchebag politicians (liberals are WORSE) keep letting these violent people out of prison for us to deal with, people who attack and try to kill us. So yeah, really fucking easy for you to say, isn't it?

And really, I shouldn't be concerned with public opinion? Because public opinion cost Darren Wilson his job when he JUSTIFIABLY shot Michael Brown. So don't give me that bullshit. You would be frustrated too if the douchebag politicians (liberals are WORSE) keep letting these violent people out of prison for us to deal with, people who attack and try to kill us. So yeah, really fucking easy for you to say, isn't it?
Why wasn't the anti-cop antagonism we are seeing today active in pre-1970s America?

I have clear recollection of the social atmosphere of the 40s, 50s and 60s and I can tell you the disposition of the American public toward their police was considerably different from what it's been in recent decades. Considerably different!

Why wasn't the anti-cop antagonism we are seeing today active in pre-1970s America?

I have clear recollection of the social atmosphere of the 40s, 50s and 60s and I can tell you the disposition of the American public toward their police was considerably different from what it's been in recent decades. Considerably different!
I'd have to disagree. In my neighborhood we were always anti cop. Too many crooked ones robbing, assaulting, and killing Blacks then too.

oh, just Reagan???? OK, lol.

Yep. Regan started the bullshit. I vividly remember seeing my first mentally ill person as a kid after he kicked most of them out of the hospitals.

That inbred cave chimp Wilson lost his job because he was a feral racist cave chimp that got off because his dept covered for him. He had no justification to shoot anyone but I'm not going to have a pointless argument about it.

Forum List

Back