White House Wants to Keep Gas Prices High

That's exactly how I feel about the current rise in gas prices. over printing of the dollar has made it weak and has brought up the gas prices.

Which would require a devaluation of the dollar in the last 5 or 6 months that is relative to the rise of the price of gas, which has simply just not happened.

The proof is in the cost of oil. Demand is down yet the cost of oil is up.

You got it wrong. Oil has been around $100 a barrel for some time. Because China and India are coming out of their shell millions of new vehicles are on the road. They burn gasoline so the demand is up.

Which would require a devaluation of the dollar in the last 5 or 6 months that is relative to the rise of the price of gas, which has simply just not happened.

You got it wrong. Oil has been around $100 a barrel for some time. Because China and India are coming out of their shell millions of new vehicles are on the road. They burn gasoline so the demand is up.

Demand, relative to supply, is down.

There is, in fact, currently a glut in the oil supply.

But the price continues to go up. Go figure.

Demand, relative to supply, is down.

There is, in fact, currently a glut in the oil supply.

But the price continues to go up. Go figure.

Like I told your buddy.......prove it!

You people have your heads up your Republican asses so far that you've never see daylight or smell fresh air again.

Last edited:
U.S. demand is soft, world demand is strong and is putting pressure on inventories. Oil is a fungible commodity traded on world markets. U.S. oil is cheaper than other benchmark crudes such as Brent.
That's why we're exporting oil from the U.S. Be glad U.S. prices aren't tied to Brent blends which sell at a $25 to $30 premium.

U.S. demand is soft, world demand is strong and is putting pressure on inventories. Oil is a fungible commodity traded on world markets. U.S. oil is cheaper than other benchmark crudes such as Brent.
That's why we're exporting oil from the U.S. Be glad U.S. prices aren't tied to Brent blends which sell at a $25 to $30 premium.

The folks in Gr. Britain and Europe have been paying twice what we pay since I was a boy. The reason: taxation. In Tennessee the total tax on a gallon of gas including state and federal has been about $0.40 for decades. If we don't convert to fracking natural gas soon I might have to sell my truck :)

Forum List

Back