White House signals veto on Saudi 9/11 bill

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Hmmm. What do you think, right or wrong.

“Given the long list of concerns I have expressed ... it’s difficult to imagine a scenario in which the president would sign the bill as it's currently drafted,” White House press secretary Josh Earnest told reporters.

Earnest argued the legislation could jeopardize U.S. citizens overseas if other countries were to pass reciprocal laws that remove foreign immunity in their courts.

“It could put the United States and our taxpayers and our service members and our diplomats at significant risk if other countries were to adopt a similar law,” he said.

“The whole notion of sovereign immunity is at stake.”

tumblr_mwp0gpVwaw1ra11u8o1_500.gif

“Given the long list of concerns I have expressed ... it’s difficult to imagine a scenario in which the president would sign the bill as it's currently drafted,” White House press secretary Josh Earnest told reporters.

Earnest argued the legislation could jeopardize U.S. citizens overseas if other countries were to pass reciprocal laws that remove foreign immunity in their courts.

“It could put the United States and our taxpayers and our service members and our diplomats at significant risk if other countries were to adopt a similar law,” he said.

It's about time that Saudi Arabia was subjected to that Regime Change that Washington DC inflicts on any nation that doesn't bend over and take it up the backside.

Why should Saudi be any different to say Iraq? Saudi Arabia are blackmailing the American Government, so they allow themselves to be blackmailed by the filthy camels at The House of Saud who support and fund POS filthy camels like Al-Qaeda/ISIL/ISIS/Daesh....how pathetic.

I'd say a few hundred Tomahawk missiles dropped on Riyadh and Medina might just do it.

The Middle East is quick sand...........and right now the balance of power is in the balance...............

Iran is trying to take over the region...............Shiites.................the Sunni's are challenging............and the whole region is on fire...........

I WANT THE TRUTH.............I don't care about Saudi Threats to DUMP THE DOLLAR.............

But I understand we need to mindful of the balance of power..........we should not allow the shift to favor Iran.........

How complicated can this be? Right?
Saudi Arabia wants US to kill 9/11 bill, threatens to dump US assets worth $750 bn - report

Saudi Arabia appears to be blackmailing the US, saying it would sell off American assets worth a 12-digit figure sum in dollars if Congress passes a bill allowing the Saudi government to be held responsible for the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
The warning was delivered by Saudi Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir last month during a visit to Washington, the New York Times reported. He said his country would sell up to $750 billion in US treasury securities and other assets before the bill puts them in jeopardy.

Saudi Arabia wants US to kill 9/11 bill, threatens to dump US assets worth $750 bn - report

Saudi Arabia appears to be blackmailing the US, saying it would sell off American assets worth a 12-digit figure sum in dollars if Congress passes a bill allowing the Saudi government to be held responsible for the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
The warning was delivered by Saudi Foreign Minister Adel al-Jubeir last month during a visit to Washington, the New York Times reported. He said his country would sell up to $750 billion in US treasury securities and other assets before the bill puts them in jeopardy.

I'll bet you think that is why Obama doesn't like the bill.....donchya?

You think he's cowering under his desk. Right?

Jesus..........where the hell did you come up with that................................

I made a point................and Saudi is holding our bonds.............you know those IOU's that are stacking up................

That's not gonna kill us but it will cause some pain..........

I don't care on that aspect................I WANT THE TRUTH.

And you have something else?

The WH flipped on the subject so, yes, it is likely because of this threat. The story that they are selling is that it may effect our national immunity but that is largely bullshit - that simply is not going to happen. I don't really know about making the liable in US courts - that seems rather silly to me - but I have to wonder why we are still friends with such a hostile nation. They are not any better than Iran or Iraq yet we treat them as though they are so much better - it is sickening.

The WH flipped on the subject so, yes, it is likely because of this threat. The story that they are selling is that it may effect our national immunity but that is largely bullshit - that simply is not going to happen. I don't really know about making the liable in US courts - that seems rather silly to me - but I have to wonder why we are still friends with such a hostile nation. They are not any better than Iran or Iraq yet we treat them as though they are so much better - it is sickening.

Well...it's clearly because Obama is a secret Mulsim. He is more concerned with Saudi Arabia's well being than he is with ours. What else could it be? There is no way that he's acting in our best interests. No way in hell.

Well...it's clearly because Obama is a secret Mulsim. He is more concerned with Saudi Arabia's well being than he is with ours. What else could it be? There is no way that he's acting in our best interests. No way in hell.
IOW, you have no argument so you need to reach out to insanity.

An argument to what. What are you actually accusing the administration of? Being soft on terror? Caving into pressure from Saudi Arabia? You used the word "likely" and the phrase "I don't really know" in your comments. That means that you don't know shit.

I'm gonna tell you this. This is what I THINK. I think Obama is not afraid of Saudi Arabia and he is not kissing their asses. I think we have agreements in place that are advantageous for us and that the administration is trying to maintain them. The world stage is not a fucking kindergarten playground.

Now...unless you KNOW something......give your ODS a day off.

It's quite apparent that congress has attached a poison pill of sorts to the release of the redacted 28 page 9/11 report. And with repubs in charge.........

An argument to what. What are you actually accusing the administration of? Being soft on terror? Caving into pressure from Saudi Arabia? You used the word "likely" and the phrase "I don't really know" in your comments. That means that you don't know shit.

I'm gonna tell you this. This is what I THINK. I think Obama is not afraid of Saudi Arabia and he is not kissing their asses. I think we have agreements in place that are advantageous for us and that the administration is trying to maintain them. The world stage is not a fucking kindergarten playground.

There you go again - assuming that anyone not agreeing with you must have 'ODS' and jump right into crazy town to cover up that they are simply taking a position of ignorance and enjoying it. Fine, LL, continue to look like an ass but do not expect me to accept your asinine and crazy comments just because you demand it.

It's quite apparent that congress has attached a poison pill of sorts to the release of the redacted 28 page 9/11 report. And with repubs in charge.........
Poison pill?

There you go again - assuming that anyone not agreeing with you must have 'ODS' and jump right into crazy town to cover up that they are simply taking a position of ignorance and enjoying it. Fine, LL, continue to look like an ass but do not expect me to accept your asinine and crazy comments just because you demand it.

All you have to do is articulate exactly what it is that you think Obama is doing with regard to SA and why. Then, we can discuss the merits of your position. All you've done thus far is issue vague condemnation for some as yet unidentified wrong that is taking place.

I'm not looking for agreement. I'm looking for substance. Have you got any?

Poison pill?

I think we can answer your question by determining what's in the bill attached to the release of the redacted 28 page 9/11 report.

And in addition to that, some of the loudest voices I recall hearing in the past calling for the release of this report are noticeably absent. Why is that? Partisanship maybe?

Can you apparently post what you think is the poison pill?

and is anyone buying the "Sargaent Ed Schultz Reaction" by Hillary? really,,,,SOS has no idea about what happened on 9/11?

Yeah, I buy it. There are lots of things she is not aware of or remembers. She misremembers most of her history why should this be any different? One thing she doesn't forget is how to be a mouthpiece for the establishment. Her brain injury sure has affected her memory.

Forum List

Back